MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bro Edwards was outclassed and Usman was playing with him .. last round he should have just defended and played it becaus he basically won every round out but these guys want to fight it to the bell. The kick was a FK’N sledge hammer and he was in another time zone as the videos show LOL
Seen the replay of the KO - bit of a brain fart really (assuming Edwards was throwing faints then kicks through the fight). Only needed to slip the jab, even then it was a feeler, no need to block it and then the hand is available to block the kick.

Think your right - Usman doesn't make mistakes like that. Over confidence gets you talking to fairies...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It was the most devastating head kick I’ve ever seen in a UFC title fight maybe fight in general.. They fight 10 times Marty wins 9. Think the trilogy is definitely on the cards. They’ll have to find another opponent for Khamzat now as he was next in line.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was the most devastating head kick I’ve ever seen in a UFC title fight maybe fight in general.. They fight 10 times Marty wins 9. Think the trilogy is definitely on the cards. They’ll have to find another opponent for Khamzat now as he was next in line.
Have you not seen Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you not seen Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort?
Of course. Todays was way much more devastating in my opinion.. 1 because Usman was well and truely in control not like the Andersen and Belfort fight when there was not much doing prior. And 2 because Victor looked up after he hit the ground and Anderson had to come in and finish him. Today Usman was straight flat lined. And that’s taking nothing away from Anderson I just think what I saw today was the most devastating I can remember.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Whittaker up shortly - then Bam Bam. All free on Fox.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Imavov - great fighter. On his way to top 5.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Proper mixed martial arts skills on display in my opinion.
Yeah - although think Vettori thought he wasn't far off Israel - levels - that was basically a clinic for Bobby.

How tough is Tui. In the end he just walked into shots. Still took half a dozen to drop him. Just needed one more shot on Gane when he rocked him but couldn't get it.

Two big boys - full respect between them - either could end it any second - got it for free but would happily pay to watch that.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah - although think Vettori thought he wasn't far off Israel - levels - that was basically a clinic for Bobby.

How tough is Tui. In the end he just walked into shots. Still took half a dozen to drop him. Just needed one more shot on Gane when he rocked him but couldn't get it.

Two big boys - full respect between them - either could end it any second - got it for free but would happily pay to watch that.
Rob is still getting better. The guy they watched and prepared for is evolving so he’s a bit different when they get in front of him. So is Israel that’s why hes at the top.
How good was round 2 in the Gane Tuivasa fight… could have gone either way. Those body kicks would have folded almost anyone.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Great card coming up boys - who u got?
Yan/O Malley (on Yan but O'Malley just throws some heat going back - serious punchers chance)
Sterling/Dillashaw (never really rated Sterling but TJ doped - maybe Sterling but not sure he can stand with TJ and not sure he can keep TJ down)

Charles/Islam

TBH, NFI on this one. Cannot see this going the distance but am leaning towards Islam. Only way I can see Charles winning is on the feet (if he can stay there) or if Islam makes a mistake and gets subb'd - which he doesn't. Should be a cracker of a fight.

Thoughts?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah you could make a case for either fighter in all the main card fights. Even some of the prelims can go either way.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sterling wins again by bullshit. This time dillshaws shoulder popped out pretty much at the start of the fight and still managed to survive almost 2 rounds.