MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was clear cut 48-47 Izzy for me. Rob fought scared though and didn't deserve the title.
Thing I thought was strange on the scorecards is the 1 judge that had Whittaker winning the 2nd round was also the only judge that had Izzy winning the 5th.
The right decision was made in the end with Izzy winning a close fight.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thing I thought was strange on the scorecards is the 1 judge that had Whittaker winning the 2nd round was also the only judge that had Izzy winning the 5th.
The right decision was made in the end with Izzy winning a close fight.
Yep, better showing by Rob but he was still beaten.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was clear cut 48-47 Izzy for me. Rob fought scared though and didn't deserve the title.
Wouldn’t say scared just cautious he took the less aggressive approach this time cos he knew he would get caught like this first one disappointed for him though

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only one I can see coming close is Usman
That fight might never happen either. Usman still has a few challengers he needs to deal with. I’m looking forward to seeing Usman V Khamzat if it ever happens

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That fight might never happen either. Usman still has a few challengers he needs to deal with. I’m looking forward to seeing Usman V Khamzat if it ever happens
Khamzat needs to fight in the top 15 then top 10 then in the top 5 before he gets to Usman. The welterweight is dominated by Colby and Usman same way the middleweights are dominated by Israel and Rob.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Khamzat needs to fight in the top 15 then top 10 then in the top 5 before he gets to Usman. The welterweight is dominated by Colby and Usman same way the middleweights are dominated by Israel and Rob.
He smashed a guy ranked 11 last fight. I think top 5 next anything else probably won’t be competitive.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He smashed a guy ranked 11 last fight. I think top 5 next anything else probably won’t be competitive.
Oh was that guy 11? Yeah I don’t know that. Well if he goes into top 5 I think he loses. Only so much of being a hard **** you can do before you step to the wrong one

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh was that guy 11? Yeah I don’t know that. Well if he goes into top 5 I think he loses. Only so much of being a hard **** you can do before you step to the wrong one
He was ranked 11 at the time yeah. There is talk he could be fighting Gilbert next who’s ranked #3. If I had to bet I’d throw money on Khamzet. If you can be bothered YouTube some of his fights in other promotions and also his recent grappling match with Jack Hermansen who is a top 10 middle weight. I think Khamzet is a problem for any welterweight personally but time will tell.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was ranked 11 at the time yeah. There is talk he could be fighting Gilbert next who’s ranked #3. If I had to bet I’d throw money on Khamzet. If you can be bothered YouTube some of his fights in other promotions and also his recent grappling match with Jack Hermansen who is a top 10 middle weight. I think Khamzet is a problem for any welterweight personally but time will tell.
The guy has a great skill set, I'm yet to see him overcome adversity yet but it's not his fault that no one has been able to put him in that situation..... I seen some clips of him training at tiger muay Thai recently and he's looking sharp. I can see why fighters don't like sparring with him because he doesn't take it easy in training.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy has a great skill set, I'm yet to see him overcome adversity yet but it's not his fault that no one has been able to put him in that situation..... I seen some clips of him training at tiger muay Thai recently and he's looking sharp. I can see why fighters don't like sparring with him because he doesn't take it easy in training.
Yeah it’s a crazy pace he sets so would be good to see him do that against a top 5 guy. Until then we won’t really know.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surprised there wasn’t more talk of Khamzat and Burns fight?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If u got Fox - Culibao - Choi on now and absolute banger. 3rd round and they both should have knocked each other out. Mad fight...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If u got Fox - Culibao - Choi on now and absolute banger. 3rd round and they both should have knocked each other out. Mad fight...
Culibao for mine.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Culibao for mine.
Yeah - maybe third to Choi for the takedown but kudos to both boys. Both boys have some heavy hands....

Split decision? Someone is on cones....