News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree.

We are a work in progress and in 2025 our team will bear little resemblance to the one taking the field now.

TPJ (when fit) is a game changer. FIT being the operative word. This year will determine his future at the club. We should not have let Vaughn leave but that was because of $$$, not his performances. King and Sutton have roles to play but both are being played out of position because of injuries and I think only King has a long term future at the club. I agree with Patolo and with his history of HIAs I can't really see a future for him, and you would hope that Pele will only improve given his age and potential.

There will be better forwards joining us in the coming years, plus the improvement of young guys like Preston.

Our biggest issue is Flanagan. He is a stumbling block that we can't get over. KO and Rajab aren't ready, Reynolds isn't a 7 (but would still be better than Flanagan in my opinion). We need to bide our time.

We are playing the long game for prolonged success but it sucks at the moment because we can see it but just can't quite reach it. YET.
Accurate assessment.

Let's all just settle down. This team. This year ain't going nowhere near Top 8 bc they aren't ready.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People saying KO and Grub aren't halfbacks.. we don't need a fucking halfback. We just need someone who's a threat with the ball on both sides of the ruck. Modern game can have 2 5/8s as a halves pairing.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can always tell when a half needs to go. It’s when you barely notice or remember them being on the field. We severely lacked direction today. Burton touched the ball a lot but he’s not the director type. Not sure if KO is either tbh. Dare I say Grub may be our only sensible choice right now? I haven’t seen enough from Karl yet.

Further to that, at least Grub has a crack and put on a good kick for a try today. Honestly what do we have to lose? He has to be better than flange.
I really think Grub can do a job, there's an x factor to his game, yes it can scramble and seem desperate but he has a go and handles pressure and criticism. He has a game winning mentality too, tries to win in many departments

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People saying KO and Grub aren't halfbacks.. we don't need a fucking halfback. We just need someone who's a threat with the ball on both sides of the ruck. Modern game can have 2 5/8s as a halves pairing.
I don't know, you're probably right, lots of forwards these days are ex halves and backs lol that hit growth spurts. Some have decent passing and offload games to compensate the halves.
Warriors defence was great, was hard for offloads but we really need Max King to not just focus on the standard props game and be given a licence to promote the ball like in his previous games. Clearly, his game plan has changed to be a meter eater but his strength is promoting the ball, offloads

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan lol 2 runs for 8m

If Burton has an off game we got nothing.

I know it's a results driven business but it's also about entertainment, the Gun is painful to watch. I feel like we are going to die wondering the longer he stays at 7.
Calling him “the Gun” is giving him a huge wrap. He doesn’t deserve that title.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To save his rep, CC has no option but to drop the dud.
CC senor :laughing:
I believe the decision not to drop Flopagan will be the result of loosing 6 forwards to injuries who indirectly influenced the delay to call up Oloapu, we wouldn't want to see an 18 year old struggle behind our weakened pack, therefore Reynold will have to be the immediate answer at 7 or off the bench at 14, we have no other options.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
CC senor :laughing:
I believe the decision not to drop Flopagan will be the result of loosing 6 forwards to injuries who indirectly influenced the delay to call up Oloapu, we wouldn't want to see an 18 year old struggle behind our weakened pack, therefore Reynold will have to be the immediate answer at 7 or off the bench at 14, we have no other options.
Bro JR is really bad, can't even handle reserves. It's like having an kid suffering ADHD running amok and I mean no offence to the kids that suffer it.

He doesn't know what he will do so obviously the team wouldn't know either.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah we need a halfback. Warriors kept getting good field position because all our 5th tackle kicks were shit. Hardly turned Klokstad and co around.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes bring in KO it’s fukn time
So your another that didn't watch today's Reggies. KO played very ordinary. An organising half that can tackle he is not. K Flanagan is the best 7 at the Club. PERIOD.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah we need a halfback. Warriors kept getting good field position because all our 5th tackle kicks were shit. Hardly turned Klokstad and co around.
Isn't that what we're paying Burton for?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rajab and KO yes, Grub can't even handle reserves.
Bro JR is really bad, can't even handle reserves. It's like having an kid suffering ADHD running amok and I mean no offence to the kids that suffer it.

He doesn't know what he will do so obviously the team wouldn't know either.
I hate to see us destroy any of the youngsters future, but I also have had enough of Flapagan's lack of input.
Something has to happen.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate to see us destroy any of the youngsters future, but I also have had enough of Flapagan's lack of input.
Something has to happen.
If we can get him to just take a bit of pressure off the centre, then I would have him on the bench. He is to erratic and causes more confusion for our already dumb players.

For me, JR and flamingo are the same level of shit.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Put KO with burton or rajab instead of Kyle and have josh Reynolds in for famanu brown

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t Paul Crawley the same news corp scum muppet journalist who blasted our club last year for demoting Flanagan.
He attacked our handling of his demotion to reserve grade and then complained again when he got picked vs Penrith.
The pig gutter journalist moron complained when he was dropped and then complained when he got selected to first grade because we brang him back against Penrith lol

he said picking him in fg vs Penrith isn’t fair but our club paying
450k a year to him is fair.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put KO with burton or rajab instead of Kyle and have josh Reynolds in for famanu brown
Dont think rajab in top 30, i dont think he is ready for nrl, a good player but not a game changing player atm