News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Playing Reynolds would give Rajab more game time in the halves, so it could actually be a good thing for both sides. People will bag Reynolds, but he wouldn't be worse then Flange.
that’s the problem renoylds most likely will be worse then Flanagan.

he is too eratic, will miss more tackles, will get in the way of Burton more then Flanagan does,

I think we have no choice but to throw the young kid in the deep end.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on Hayze @ 7, Averillo to fb and Skelton to centre?

(Already suggested by Wendog lol)
Only issue is with Skeltons defence at centre - in opposed sessions i watched he struggles in reading the defence - tackles ok but just the decision making.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CC senor :laughing:
I believe the decision not to drop Flopagan will be the result of loosing 6 forwards to injuries who indirectly influenced the delay to call up Oloapu, we wouldn't want to see an 18 year old struggle behind our weakened pack, therefore Reynold will have to be the immediate answer at 7 or off the bench at 14, we have no other options.
ideally KO comes onto the bench for Nu Brown and we have to put up with Flanno for another 3-4 weeks. Easy KO into it while Flanno makes his tackles in the early parts of each half.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the talk in preseason about trust and connection yet the club cant trust a player selected on the bench to actually take the field - also deep down i would suggest that the players, in particular those that have come from quality teams, would have very little in trust and confidence in Flanagan making the right decisions - who would the others in the squad want as their half.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
When you look at the draw. You have to think that it would be stupid to throw Karl in now. Next 4 games are Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels and Sharks. After that the decision gets a little easier with Dragons, Raiders, Warriors and Titans. That seems like the right block of games to use him.

Maybe a bench spot so he can see some field time in the top grade in the next 4 games at best. Though I'd argue it's best he plays full games in reserves till that Dragons game comes up.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you look at the draw. You have to think that it would be stupid to throw Karl in now. Next 4 games are Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels and Sharks. After that the decision gets a little easier with Dragons, Raiders, Warriors and Titans. That seems like the right block of games to use him.

Maybe a bench spot so he can see some field time in the top grade in the next 4 games at best. Though I'd argue it's best he plays full games in reserves till that Dragons game comes up.
Well said - i also hope that if he is playing reggies he doesnt play second fiddle to who ever is the halves partner - get him to own reserve grade asap - for good or bad

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Well said - i also hope that if he is playing reggies he doesnt play second fiddle to who ever is the halves partner - get him to own reserve grade asap - for good or bad
He hasn't been in what I've watched. More time to learn how to play a 7 role is required. But he does love to run first before passing, which the better halves in the game do. So he has got that going for him. Especially compared to Flanno who only runs when whom he is going to pass to is covered.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CC senor :laughing:
I believe the decision not to drop Flopagan will be the result of loosing 6 forwards to injuries who indirectly influenced the delay to call up Oloapu, we wouldn't want to see an 18 year old struggle behind our weakened pack, therefore Reynold will have to be the immediate answer at 7 or off the bench at 14, we have no other options.
Yeah I can’t see them throwing KO to the wolves. Get past the hard run of fixtures and get a few boppers back then give him a go

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t see them throwing KO to the wolves. Get past the hard run of fixtures and get a few boppers back then give him a go
Most importantly is the long term solutions...
There is a chance I could could be wrong but Flopagan will not be there next week, losing BBO is costly also JR's groin injury is a problem,
What are the chances of signing a temporary halfback from the lower grades for a year who has the ambition to prove himself, probably zero !
CC Gus and the rest of the coaching team know if KO is ready !!!
Highlighting Johnson being the difference was an indication that CC has had enough.
Come Tuesday 4.00 pm it will be interesting time, time to move on !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's an easy call. Drop Flanagan already
Replace him with who exactly? And dont say Karl. He can do with some more reggies time, hes fresh out of juniors. Needs more time tackling adults.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree.

We are a work in progress and in 2025 our team will bear little resemblance to the one taking the field now.

TPJ (when fit) is a game changer. FIT being the operative word. This year will determine his future at the club. We should not have let Vaughn leave but that was because of $$$, not his performances. King and Sutton have roles to play but both are being played out of position because of injuries and I think only King has a long term future at the club. I agree with Patolo and with his history of HIAs I can't really see a future for him, and you would hope that Pele will only improve given his age and potential.

There will be better forwards joining us in the coming years, plus the improvement of young guys like Preston.

Our biggest issue is Flanagan. He is a stumbling block that we can't get over. KO and Rajab aren't ready, Reynolds isn't a 7 (but would still be better than Flanagan in my opinion). We need to bide our time.

We are playing the long game for prolonged success but it sucks at the moment because we can see it but just can't quite reach it. YET.
by the time 2025 comes around 2016 would have been 9 years ago that’s crazy it’s taken that long.

Pangai junior should never ever have been aloud to box by the club, it all comes down to kissing sbw ass

fuck him and fuck Pangai getting ready for fights… if he has an ongoing niggiling calf injury he should be resting during the off-season not for us between round 1 and 8.
The club need to grow a pair and say No to him and sbw.

your right about Vaughn we should have resigned him but I think he wasn’t playing great until he signed on with super league then his game lifted.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I been preaching this, the stats say it all …

Disgraceful is the right word .. @Flanagun is in lala land.

Pity because he try’s hard he obviously just doesn’t have it.
Stats don’t tell the whole picture. I’ll bet the ‘gun has more lbas and try involvements than Burton this year. Burton has been much worse, but escapes scrutiny because the ‘gun is the kennel whipping boy. Both halves are also playing behind alphad forward packs each week.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Replace him with who exactly? And dont say Karl. He can do with some more reggies time, hes fresh out of juniors. Needs more time tackling adults.
Reynolds or Averillo would be better. Also KO & Rajab would be better than Flanagan.