News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe we have at least one future FG half in Oloapu and Rajab but they are not ready yet... Unless Ciraldo wants to rely on Josh Reynolds at halfback as a stopgap, we are stuck with Flanagan

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is ready lol

ahhh another season of the Gun, our curse is really the halfbacks we've had after Hodkinson, none of them have been competent enough to do the basics right.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a halfback + was terrible in reserves today.
Not much Oloapu could do with the team only completing about 55% of sets in the first half and then some of the dumbest plays from the team I have seen in the second half --> for example, the Warriors score in the corner with two attackers and we having three defenders but our winger being drawn in

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan
Cameron Ciraldo is just four games into his coaching role at the Canterbury Bulldogs but already he needs to axe a key player.

Can someone please post the rest of the article.

Shaun Johnson’s show-and-go try to steal victory for the Warriors showed the Bulldogs exactly what they are missing – a halfback who is prepared to take on the line.
Johnson is playing his best footy in years.
But is it time for Cameron Ciraldo to make the tough call on Kyle Flanagan? And if Josh Reynolds is not the answer then maybe it’s time to give the young kid Karl Oloapu a go.

Everyone knows what a wonderful attacking player Matt Burton is but he just needs to take on the line more and not leave it until the death to try and make his impact. Burton ended up with eight runs for 54m.
Meanwhile, Flanagan finished with two runs for eight metres and never looked a threat.
Greg Alexander said post match on Fox: “On the Dogs attack it was Matt Burton and not much else … they’ve got a seven that doesn’t run the ball, they’ve got a one (Hayze Perham) that doesn’t pass”.
And it can’t be left to Reed Mahoney to try and barge over from dummy half to win the game.

The Dogs deserve credit for the way they played to beat Melbourne and the Tigers in recent weeks.
But this showed why they are not yet in the conversation to be realistic top eight challengers.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Time for him to go

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan lol 2 runs for 8m

If Burton has an off game we got nothing.

I know it's a results driven business but it's also about entertainment, the Gun is painful to watch. I feel like we are going to die wondering the longer he stays at 7.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 metres??? I thought he was a changed player??? What happened Kyle??