Opinion The 'Rebuild' Is A Disaster

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We cant even sign available players.
In regards to coachs, theres a whole planet. Surley there is somone. Broncos and Souths got it done. It was a shit storm but they got it done and a year earlier( i could be wrong on that ). I hear Belemy wants out but didnt he sit down with the Broncs at one stage to have a chat 2 years ago. I have little faith at the moment and Im sick of living on hopes and salary cap dreams.
Seibold and Bennett are top coaches (even tho Bennett is fading). There is no way either of those two coaches would coach us in our current state. It would ruin their reputation and it'd be their last gig. If it's the same come 2021 when we know our roster I'm 100% with you (as in bad to little recruitment). What we don't want to do is get rid of Pay for another coach that's going to be exactly the same or worse UNLESS Pay has lost the dressing room. I really do think it's best we stick with Pay until we get the roster and are in a position to attract a top coach (if we could attract a top coach now he'd be gone tomorrow). If Pay fails when the expectations are higher (he hasn't failed yet and statistics actually say he over performed last year, imo all he has to do is finish 14th to meet expectations this year) next year then we can try someone else even if it isn't a top coach.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seibold and Bennett are top coaches (even tho Bennett is fading). There is no way either of those two coaches would coach us in our current state. It would ruin their reputation and it'd be their last gig. If it's the same come 2021 when we know our roster I'm 100% with you (as in bad to little recruitment). What we don't want to do is get rid of Pay for another coach that's going to be exactly the same or worse UNLESS Pay has lost the dressing room. I really do think it's best we stick with Pay until we get the roster and are in a position to attract a top coach. If Pay fails when the expectations are higher (he hasn't failed yet and statistics actually say he's performed) next year then we can try someone else even if it isn't a top coach.
As bad as it is I think getting rid of pay now and not the end of the season would be a mistake. I dont want him at the club next year.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're still carrying players on back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere and we're going to get rid of deadwood. I believe that's two to three million. Why do you think we have money for 2021? If you don't think our salary cap has been scuffed for multiple years you've been living under a rock. This is going over your head, it isn't comparable to the Panthers because they didn't try and play to a ~11m salary cap which didn't exist. I really don't want to repeat myself, but like I said we will have enough salary cap to sign three to four more top players which if we recruit the right ones will make us a top eight team. Re-read my posts if you want to know the rest... (If we F up recruitment everything is delayed three years...). I'm serious and you're out of touch with the situation we're in.
Please advise how you know the inner workings of our cap situation? Most people on here at least are honest with their position as fans. Stop acting like your guessing is a matter of a fact

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please advise how you know the inner workings of our cap situation? Most people on here at least are honest with their position as fans. Stop acting like your guessing is a matter of a fact
We're still carrying players on back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere and we're going to get rid of deadwood. It is a fact. We're just going to go around in* circles, I'll be right so it's whatever to me.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're still carrying players on back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere and we're going to get rid of deadwood. It is a fact. We're just going to go around in* circles, I'll be right so it's whatever to me.
So when you’re asked to backup your claims it’s whatever? If you want throwing around numbers as fact be able to actually back them up. You’re just talking nonsense from that perspective.
Every club will have some dead cap money but for ours to be 2 to 3 million is insane.please expla Your range just shows you have no clue and you look like your backtracking by now adding ‘getting rid of deadwood’
I agree that there are a number of players off contract this year which should help our recruitment efforts.
Unless I’m missing something you can’t backup your claims this current team is two to three million under the cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So when you’re asked to backup your claims it’s whatever? If you want throwing around numbers as fact be able to actually back them up. You’re just talking nonsense from that perspective.
Every club will have some dead cap money but for ours to be 2 to 3 million is insane.please expla Your range just shows you have no clue and you look like your backtracking by now adding ‘getting rid of deadwood’
I agree that there are a number of players off contract this year which should help our recruitment efforts.
Unless I’m missing something you can’t backup your claims this current team is two to three million under the cap.
I didn't add deadwood. That was in my original post. We'll have 1.2m from Foran alone. Tolman ("the best prop in the NRL" rumoured to be on ~800k this year) and Hopoate were also both on back ended deals. There were probably others too. We're still paying Mbye and other players to play at other clubs too.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...ase-big-names-until-2021-20180517-p4zfz3.html

"The situation has arisen because their predecessors worked towards an estimated salary cap figure north of $10 million for the current season"

"The result is that between seven and ten players are on heavily back-ended contracts for next season, while five players - including James Graham and Sam Kasiano - are currently being paid to play for rivals."

"The problem is compounded by the fact half a dozen players have ratchet clauses in their contracts, meaning their wages will increase by the same percentage as rises in the salary cap."

Do you want more, sir? Please don't comment on things that you have no idea about.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't add deadwood. That was in my original post. We'll have 1.2m from Foran alone. Tolman ("the best prop in the NRL" rumoured to be on ~800k this year) and Hopoate were also both on back ended deals. There were probably others too. We're still paying Mbye and other players to play at other clubs too.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...ase-big-names-until-2021-20180517-p4zfz3.html

"The situation has arisen because their predecessors worked towards an estimated salary cap figure north of $10 million for the current season"

"The result is that between seven and ten players are on heavily back-ended contracts for next season, while five players - including James Graham and Sam Kasiano - are currently being paid to play for rivals."

"The problem is compounded by the fact half a dozen players have ratchet clauses in their contracts, meaning their wages will increase by the same percentage as rises in the salary cap."

Do you want more, sir? Please don't comment on things that you have no idea about.
The only figures in that article is the reported $600k difference in the expected salary cap number. I stand by what I’m saying that you assigning a cap number to a player is bullshit.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only figures in that article is the reported $600k difference in the expected salary cap number. I stand by what I’m saying that you assigning a cap number to a player is bullshit.
ROFL. Goodnight.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest we aren’t a realistic threat. With roosters coming up soon, we could be 4 losses in the first 5 weeks.

I feel for Averillo because in all honesty what can you do in 10 mins? He deserves a proper crack in 1 position for a few weeks. We aren’t moving too far up the ladder so it shouldn’t be an issue how we performs.

Cogger has been harshly dropped again. The only reason he should have been dropped would have been for Wakeman. Lewis has shown time and time again he lacks talent, lacks direction, lacks skill, lacks pace. He gave himself leadership without earning it. And plays some stupid hero ball/grubbed to himself crap that is flat out retarded to watch.

Right now I’d rather jo Williams (was that his name?) and yileen Gordon to be given shots before Lewis.

He is a fail as a half. Especially a dominant half. The guy couldn’t lead a blind person through a supermarket.
Yileen Gordon had multiple line breaks for us which is more than anything Lewis has done

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
E.g. (before you say anything, who the player is doesn't matter, it's what we're paying them)
1. Munster ~1.1m
2. DWZ ~500k
3. Averillo ~200k
4. Hopoate ~500k
5. Reimis ~200k
6. Keary ~1m
7. Wakeham ~200k
8. Thompson ~800k
9. B. Smith ~700k
10. Napa ~600k
11. RFM ~200k
12. Jackson ~600k
13. Elliott ~400k

14. JMK ~200k
15. To'omaga ~200k
16. Britt ~200k
17. C. Smith ~200k

Salary cap ~7.8m/9.9m
18-30 ~162k (minimum wage 115k)

How can we add Munster, Keary, Thompson and B. Smith (~3.6m) to our team if we're not 2-3m "under the salary cap"? These are what I believe players will be on (not 100% obviously, but it's thereabouts and it's enough to prove my point that we'll have 2-3m to spend for 2021).

If you want to disregard this (because you're oblivious to the situation we're in) please tell me where the salary cap is then if it isn't currently tied up in back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere or deadwood. Maybe it isn't "facts" but it's the best educated guess you'll ever get.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
E.g. (before you say anything, who the player is doesn't matter, it's what we're paying them)
1. Munster ~1.1m
2. DWZ ~500k
3. Averillo ~200k
4. Hopoate ~500k
5. Reimis ~200k
6. Keary ~1m
7. Wakeham ~200k
8. Thompson ~800k
9. B. Smith ~700k
10. Napa ~600k
11. RFM ~200k
12. Jackson ~600k
13. Elliott ~400k

14. JMK ~200k
15. To'omaga ~200k
16. Britt ~200k
17. C. Smith ~200k

Salary cap ~7.8m/9.9m
18-30 ~162k (minimum wage 115k)

How can we add Munster, Keary, Thompson and B. Smith (~3.6m) to our team if we're not 2-3m "under the salary cap"? These are what I believe players will be on (not 100% obviously, but it's thereabouts and it's enough to prove my point that we'll have 2-3m to spend for 2021).

If you want to disregard this (because you're oblivious to the situation we're in) please tell me where the salary cap is then if it isn't currently tied up in back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere or deadwood. Maybe it isn't "facts" but it's the best educated guess you'll ever get.
Lol goodnight this is rubbish. At least I know where your mind is at thank you

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol goodnight this is rubbish. At least I know where your mind is at thank you
Idiot. Thanks for providing dogshit for your own thoughts. I can't dumb it down anymore for you. Just don't comment on things you have no idea about and we have no issue in the future, thanks.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idiot. Thanks for providing dogshit for your own thoughts. I can't dumb it down anymore for you. Just don't comment on things you have no idea about and we have no issue in the future, thanks.
You’re a fukn idiot trying to act like you’re in the know you just proved how clueless you really are. Please continue to act like you’re an insider with knowledge when you’re just talking shit

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How many players do we have on the books that other clubs might want to pinch?? None!

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only players that come to mind are the ones getting no game time... go figure
How many players do we have on the books that other clubs might want to pinch?? None!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only players that come to mind are the ones getting no game time... go figure
What? You don’t think Tolman, Lewis, Holland, Crichton, JMK, Napa, RFM, Elliot, Montoya, Hoppa would all be prime targets for other clubs? :p

Honestly though, if Tolman is re-signed it could be the death sentence of the board. Hope they are awake enough to see when players still have something to offer and when players are on their last legs. That final play on Sunday was enough for me to say, thanks for your service Tolman but to build and move forward there isn’t a playing position for you anymore.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious question here because I’m at a loss...
Which former players are we STILL paying for??
Klemmer was the last of the big names gone and he wanted the release so I pray to god our board didn’t decide to chip in there.

I just don’t get how we are still this far out of pocket.

DWZ was never a FB. He had shit hands at Penrith. All heart, love that, but offers nothing and is a worry at FB.

napa I said at the time and still agree was a massive panic buy. 1 in 5 decent games.

I agree with Okunbor getting the sack but if CHN didn’t groom anyone at school and just met her out and it was consensual then sorry, that is NOT sackable. I don’t know what the truth is though...

Ive been saying for a while to give Harper a go. What’s there to lose now?

Lewis? He could be a 14 if taught how to pass off the ground. Covers centre halves and with work back row and hooker. Super reliable defence. Not many better in our squad. Can kick in general play. Not the best kicker but certainly not the worst.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would have been easier to cop if we had saved cap space for exceptional players who became available and used the remaining spots with juniors. Would we really be worse off by promoting Doorey, Topine, Gray, Kalache, Harper & Katoa?
is Isiah Tass any good? Potential?
Heard him mentioned a few times before

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question here because I’m at a loss...
Which former players are we STILL paying for??
I don’t think it’s the case any longer (paying others to play elsewhere - that was all taken care of in 2018/19). What remains are the back ended contracts (some of them in their most expensive year) and ratchet clauses which upped the salary costs in line with cap rises. It all ends at the end of this season.