The "R U OK ?" Thread

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How are you feeling Drop Bear?

do you even know/ remember how to celebrate winning a comp.

lol (sorry cant help myself here.)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Lol it would be like having sex for the first time

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Well at least he's not a Sharkies supporter..they don't have anything to remember!

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol it would be like having sex for the first time
As a matter of fact I do, on both counts:-). I got reminded about winning a comp today. The argument being that the 9's is not real NRL and means nothing. I was told not to hold up any hopes of doing any good this year. Look what happened to the poor bastards that won the 9's last year, finished on a real low:-). I remember being at the bar at Parramatta HQ, the night before the GF and I offered to buy Bob 'The Bear' and Artie a beer. They told me to FarK Off. I was honoured to be told by two such greats of the game. You could also say that the last time parra won a premiership, that I imagine you would have been still swimming around in your dear old dad's jock straps. That shows dedication for you, a fan this long without result. My sign off below said it all. That my friend, is why there is no point throwing a bait to me. I've been around longer than the furniture and seen and heard it all and I just don't bite:-)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I do, on both counts:-). I got reminded about winning a comp today. The argument being that the 9's is not real NRL and means nothing. I was told not to hold up any hopes of doing any good this year. Look what happened to the poor bastards that won the 9's last year, finished on a real low:-). I remember being at the bar at Parramatta HQ, the night before the GF and I offered to buy Bob 'The Bear' and Artie a beer. They told me to FarK Off. I was honoured to be told by two such greats of the game. You could also say that the last time parra won a premiership, that I imagine you would have been still swimming around in your dear old dad's jock straps. That shows dedication for you, a fan this long without result. My sign off below said it all. That my friend, is why there is no point throwing a bait to me. I've been around longer than the furniture and seen and heard it all and I just don't bite:-)
Ahaha that is such a great response ..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

enjoy mate enjoy, there were 16 first grade nrl teams competing for it,

I know I would have enjoyed it . lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am Ok, my wife however is doing it very tough at the moment.

She is a stay at home mum raising 2 boys (who are quite challenging), sadly, living on the central coast she does not have many friends here, and is struggling to find any friends with similar interests.

To make matters worse she is arranging play dates with other mums, and they are simply not showing up, and it is really impacting her.

I do not know what to do, she is so sad about this stuff, and I am at a loss as to how to help her

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

She is a stay at home mum raising 2 boys (who are quite challenging), sadly, living on the central coast she does not have many friends here, and is struggling to find any friends with similar interests.

To make matters worse she is arranging play dates with other mums, and they are simply not showing up, and it is really impacting her.

I do not know what to do, she is so sad about this stuff, and I am at a loss as to how to help her

champ, where your relos, inlaws?

has she been taking the young ones to the kids group? may be she can go and join an indoor sports thingy , takes only hour /hour and a half but you do get to meet few people there.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
champ, where your relos, inlaws?

has she been taking the young ones to the kids group? may be she can go and join an indoor sports thingy , takes only hour /hour and a half but you do get to meet few people there.
We have family to look after the kids (if needed), re sports, she has a degenerative knee issue, and as such, sport is not the best option.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not good to hear bro.. Has she investigated any 'Official' organisations? Groups that organise mums meeting each other (with their kids)..might find a few friends.. I did a little search on the net..here's a few suggestions from around your area..

http://www.meetup.com/topics/mums/au/central_coast/

http://www.whatsoncentralcoast.com.au/sport.html

http://www.4babyandyou.com.au/blog/

Anyway I hope these provide some help..or even food for thought.. We can't have mums struggling..they're the backbone of our society! :-)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have family to look after the kids (if needed), re sports, she has a degenerative knee issue, and as such, sport is not the best option.

swimming? water sports?

with kids specially kids who need care all the time, unfortunately it is very hard to go out and make friends.

these are the sacrifices we make for our kids and i bet our parents made for us.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
swimming? water sports?

with kids specially kids who need care all the time, unfortunately it is very hard to go out and make friends.

these are the sacrifices we make for our kids and i bet our parents made for us.
No doubt, sacrifices are made, but still, I feel for her

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has she got interests? Maybe a special interests group?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Have your children reached school age yet??. Had a similar situation with my wife when the kids were young, interestingly enough, on the central coast as well. She signed up for tuck shop and volunteered time as a vocational aid, helping kids with their reading. Ended up getting in contact with a lot of mums around her age with similar interests.l

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have your children reached school age yet??. Had a similar situation with my wife when the kids were young, interestingly enough, on the central coast as well. She signed up for tuck shop and volunteered time as a vocational aid, helping kids with their reading. Ended up getting in contact with a lot of mums around her age with similar interests.l
Approaching school age, the eldest almost 5 has Autism, so he is a bit of a time vampire too, no doubt once he is at school she will have some breathing space.
It just upsets me to see her struggling

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Approaching school age, the eldest almost 5 has Autism, so he is a bit of a time vampire too, no doubt once he is at school she will have some breathing space.
It just upsets me to see her struggling
Autism? Poor kid..surely there must be an association that helps parents with kids who suffer from Autism..

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Autism? Poor kid..surely there must be an association that helps parents with kids who suffer from Autism..
Hi Mate, we don't see it so much as suffer, and also, get the Non verbal / rocking / screaming / uncontrolable image out of your head.

My little man has more social issues, and LONG........ processing time.

He has meltdowns, and some rather out there ideas, takes him a long time to change his routine etc, don't you dare cut his toast in squares when he want's triangles.

We are in the special needs groups here, but they can be a whingy lot, who claims, My child is worse than yours

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Mate, we don't see it so much as suffer, and also, get the Non verbal / rocking / screaming / uncontrolable image out of your head.

My little man has more social issues, and LONG........ processing time.

He has meltdowns, and some rather out there ideas, takes him a long time to change his routine etc, don't you dare cut his toast in squares when he want's triangles.

We are in the special needs groups here, but they can be a whingy lot, who claims, My child is worse than yours

feel for yor bro and your wife.

i cant even imagine what it is like raising kids with such conditions.

I can only hope good karma comes to you guys and you win a lotto or something.

all the best.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fun times aint it ecca the getting back to school after the break does my head in .I was glad to go back to work after the weekend 3 of them off chops and I had no patience.
Sometimes you just want to smash your own head into a wall over and over again