The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol! Man that is fantastic about your weight loss!
Yeah the exercise is draining especially in this heat but the not eating is easy. Have an extra mouthful of food or drink and I'm instantly throwing it up. Biggest meal I had had been half a chicken thigh (for protein)

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should say pack your bag. Saw the Big Man today, I have to go off for an endoscopy, but he said the same thing to me. I'm on top of the transplant list for my blood group and it could be a matter of weeks, not months before this is done. Looks like I could well be on the road to recovery before the season starts. My family are delighted and I'm shitting myself LOL. Five days in ward, then testing everyday for six weeks, then I have to get used to having a normal life again. These doctors really can make miracles happen. Your turn Eddie, can't wait to hear you made the list. One thing I do have to do like you. I currently weigh in at 88kgs, down from 95kgs, but need to look at getting to 82Kgs. Salads and salad it is LOL.

Great news mate :grinning: hope it all comes through and u'll be fighting fit in no time.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Funny you should say pack your bag. Saw the Big Man today, I have to go off for an endoscopy, but he said the same thing to me. I'm on top of the transplant list for my blood group and it could be a matter of weeks, not months before this is done. Looks like I could well be on the road to recovery before the season starts. My family are delighted and I'm shitting myself LOL. Five days in ward, then testing everyday for six weeks, then I have to get used to having a normal life again. These doctors really can make miracles happen. Your turn Eddie, can't wait to hear you made the list. One thing I do have to do like you. I currently weigh in at 88kgs, down from 95kgs, but need to look at getting to 82Kgs. Salads and salad it is LOL.
Great to hear bro always have faith and those last 6 kg you should demolishe it lol get well soon and stop going for parra it's not go for your health lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Woah that's awesome news mate. You're dropping the weight pretty fast :grinning:

13.5 kgs, thats like .. what ... 54 x 250g shits...

Time to start the countdown!!
I gotta eat 250g first ffs lol

Once I get back on in the gym I'll probably do it in a conservative 4-6 months.

One of the best feelings is changing holes in your belt. The right way not the other way lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I told ya pack you bags, never doubt me again! Lol

I am honestly over the fuking moon bro. Good things can happen to good people.

PS I'm down to 110.5kg this morning, 13.5kg to go.
So happy for you. Keep it up my friend and you too will get the call to pack your bags!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, I am so happy for you. Such positive news and before you know it you will be living that normal life. Tell me, what is wrong with salads? lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow, I am so happy for you. Such positive news and before you know it you will be living that normal life. Tell me, what is wrong with salads? lol.
I actually miss salad, especially Tabouleh and Fatoosh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One of the best feelings is changing holes in your belt. The right way not the other way lol
I am ... SO ... glad that you clarified "in your belt" else your post would have had a slightly more worrying tone to it.

:roflol:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would the fried leb bread be the problem with the Fattoush? Other than that all nice healthy salad vegetables.
It would be now, I can't handle any type of carbs anymore. Don't know if it's permanent or because I'm still recovering.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm looking forward to the day I can fly down, blow the froth off a few coldies with Ed and take the piss without having to worry about him blowing a gasket. Indiandog, that is a kind offer, I have everything under control, but by all means, you are most welcome to pay a visit at the PAH. It would be great to meet you. Nothing wrong with salads at all Dogluva, parked beside a T Bone medium rare and lashings of mushies:-). Mr 110%, I don't know how, but I feel good things may be around the corner for you. Maybe you are going to hit gold with your writing. Best of all, for me, the Eels may get a few wins this year. After the last 30 years, you can't begrude me that :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am ... SO ... glad that you clarified "in your belt" else your post would have had a slightly more worrying tone to it.

:roflol:
Fkn lol now that I read it again you are so right lol

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not OK. I'm going nuts without a game. Even the Nines are starting to look good to me. Is it just me, or is this the longest bloody off season on record!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not OK. I'm going nuts without a game. Even the Nines are starting to look good to me. Is it just me, or is this the longest bloody off season on record!!!
Im thinking it was the shortest lol I don't have the excitement yet so maybe that helps

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with ya Southy, feels short because I'm not looking forward to the season.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with ya Southy, feels short because I'm not looking forward to the season.
Thinking about it, you both make a good point there. Every year for ages, I've looked forward to the coming games, but at the same time, waited for the 'fall over', which in the Eels case is week 2!!. This year is looking very different and maybe, what's got me so excited is hope. As for the Doggies, I wouldn't write them off. It may not be the roster you want, but you still have some very good players and a smart coach.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, you both make a good point there. Every year for ages, I've looked forward to the coming games, but at the same time, waited for the 'fall over', which in the Eels case is week 2!!. This year is looking very different and maybe, what's got me so excited is hope. As for the Doggies, I wouldn't write them off. It may not be the roster you want, but you still have some very good players and a smart coach.
I think we have a sqaud that could possibly go all the way , im just starting to realize that life without nrl is pretty sweet dont hsve to get worked up every weekend over inconsistent refs and shitty rule changes