The "R U OK ?" Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I got a bit of good news, instead of dropping to 80 kgs, after more "research" on me, I only have to drop to 97kgs to join the list. I've dropped 16.5 kgs so far and I have 16.5 kgs to go to hit 97.

They would "like me to ultimately be 80 kgs"
Well that is good and makes a bit more sense to me. Having seen you in person, dropping to 80kg would have made you look anorexic. Is everything on target for the go ahead ( except for the weight) for becoming an active list member?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well that is good and makes a bit more sense to me. Having seen you in person, dropping to 80kg would have made you look anorexic. Is everything on target for the go ahead ( except for the weight) for becoming an active list member?
Well thank the good Lord I passed all the other test and now it's the old keg holding me back lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So roughly I have to go from a Kasiano to a Jackson lol
This is great... Gee I never realised Michael Jackson was such a big guy..interesting.. Do you have to do anything to your nose?

Lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well I got a bit of good news, instead of dropping to 80 kgs, after more "research" on me, I only have to drop to 97kgs to join the list. I've dropped 16.5 kgs so far and I have 16.5 kgs to go to hit 97.

They would "like me to ultimately be 80 kgs"
Ahh that's awesome news... on the home stretch hopefully towards running around the backyard after the kids!

16.5 kgs, or using the Mr Invisible Measurement System (TM) (C) .... about 27% of Mr I..

New place wouldn't be far from handover now too would it? Or are they still rooting you around with a Feb date?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ahh that's awesome news... on the home stretch hopefully towards running around the backyard after the kids!

16.5 kgs, or using the Mr Invisible Measurement System (TM) (C) .... about 27% of Mr I..

New place wouldn't be far from handover now too would it? Or are they still rooting you around with a Feb date?
Well if there are no more fuk ups should be end of Feb/early March.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you're a believer or not but I'm guessing that "strange feeling" is God telling you its all good.

I wish you all the best and will keep praying for you.
It blows me away, what a great mob you all are and I am so grateful for the kind thoughts. I know there are a number of beliefs and faiths, in the Bulldogs supporters group, so I'd like to answer this one Eddie. I'm always normally careful with this topic as I have no intention of offending anyone, but yes, I believe in God. What I don't believe in is religion. I am over the moon that you are getting to your weight goal and at some point, I'll meet up with you, post transplants and we can take the piss out of each other over who has the best team:-).

I also think I figured out that strange feeling. It's change. I have, over the years, changed the way I live ever so slowly, just to survive. I think you know what I mean, the routine's you have to go through and the wind down from what most people consider 'normal' activities. In my case, it will take six weeks, all going well post transplant, to get back to 'normal'. I guess I'll just have to retrain myself, as you will also have to do. I just hope they find something for Mr 95% as well. That would make my day.

Jacobshade, I love the play on words.

If all goes to plan, they will tell me to pack that bag on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It blows me away, what a great mob you all are and I am so grateful for the kind thoughts. I know there are a number of beliefs and faiths, in the Bulldogs supporters group, so I'd like to answer this one Eddie. I'm always normally careful with this topic as I have no intention of offending anyone, but yes, I believe in God. What I don't believe in is religion. I am over the moon that you are getting to your weight goal and at some point, I'll meet up with you, post transplants and we can take the piss out of each other over who has the best team:-).

I also think I figured out that strange feeling. It's change. I have, over the years, changed the way I live ever so slowly, just to survive. I think you know what I mean, the routine's you have to go through and the wind down from what most people consider 'normal' activities. In my case, it will take six weeks, all going well post transplant, to get back to 'normal'. I guess I'll just have to retrain myself, as you will also have to do. I just hope they find something for Mr 95% as well. That would make my day.

Jacobshade, I love the play on words.

If all goes to plan, they will tell me to pack that bag on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.
Would you believe I'm exactly the same? I believe and follow Christianity but don't follow any religion.

Christianity is my faith, even though I was baptised Orthodox and went to a Catholic school all my life, I don't really follow any religion because religion is man made and everything man made is corruptible.

Plus I see them as middle men, if I need something I ask the Big Man upstairs directly.

PS pack that bag now brother, got a feeling it's your time.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you believe I'm exactly the same? I believe and follow Christianity but don't follow any religion.

Christianity is my faith, even though I was baptised Orthodox and went to a Catholic school all my life, I don't really follow any religion because religion is man made and everything man made is corruptible.

Plus I see them as middle men, if I need something I ask the Big Man upstairs directly.

PS pack that bag now brother, got a feeling it's your time.
Funny you should say pack your bag. Saw the Big Man today, I have to go off for an endoscopy, but he said the same thing to me. I'm on top of the transplant list for my blood group and it could be a matter of weeks, not months before this is done. Looks like I could well be on the road to recovery before the season starts. My family are delighted and I'm shitting myself LOL. Five days in ward, then testing everyday for six weeks, then I have to get used to having a normal life again. These doctors really can make miracles happen. Your turn Eddie, can't wait to hear you made the list. One thing I do have to do like you. I currently weigh in at 88kgs, down from 95kgs, but need to look at getting to 82Kgs. Salads and salad it is LOL.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny you should say pack your bag. Saw the Big Man today, I have to go off for an endoscopy, but he said the same thing to me. I'm on top of the transplant list for my blood group and it could be a matter of weeks, not months before this is done. Looks like I could well be on the road to recovery before the season starts. My family are delighted and I'm shitting myself LOL. Five days in ward, then testing everyday for six weeks, then I have to get used to having a normal life again. These doctors really can make miracles happen. Your turn Eddie, can't wait to hear you made the list. One thing I do have to do like you. I currently weigh in at 88kgs, down from 95kgs, but need to look at getting to 82Kgs. Salads and salad it is LOL.

hey good news DB, all the best!

if you need anything , let me know, i lives just down the road from you anyway.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like the wheels are in motion.

Lets hope your beloved Eels don't put too much strain on the blood pressure after they fix you up for this season :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome..I'm so happy for you...and yes Mr95% will rise again..l'll never be the same..mentally..not physically..I'll be better.. :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I told ya pack you bags, never doubt me again! Lol

I am honestly over the fuking moon bro. Good things can happen to good people.

PS I'm down to 110.5kg this morning, 13.5kg to go.