The "R U OK ?" Thread

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hola Bitches,

I hope everyone is doing well?

In true style I have read most of the last page of this thread, and MAN Bulldogs included, we got some tough times.

In the words of homer simpson... If i could just say a few words...... I'd be a better public speaker..... so, sorry, but nothing inspirational here. Just know that we have to keep plugging away

COVENS... glad to hear your little one is doing ok... they thought our oldest had some infection when born, it was horrifc... i can only imagine, and I have a Shar-Pei too.... beautiful dogs, I am sorry that you have to put him down... I hope it isn't too traumatic for everyone... just think of all the good times.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Crazy couple of weeks. Our little boy was born on the 1st, back in hospital on Sunday with an infection, out of hospital today to our relief only to realise our 12 year old Shar Pei, Frankie, is on death's door. Getting him put down tomorrow due to a tumour in his throat.

Emotionally exhausted.
How you travelling my bearded brother?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crazy couple of weeks. Our little boy was born on the 1st, back in hospital on Sunday with an infection, out of hospital today to our relief only to realise our 12 year old Shar Pei, Frankie, is on death's door. Getting him put down tomorrow due to a tumour in his throat.

Emotionally exhausted.
All the best with everything Covens.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Shit house tbh. Buried him in the garden, moving his body was torture. Thanks for asking mate, appreciate it.
Sorry to hear about it mate. A lot of people are closer with dogs because of how loyal they are to their owners. Perhaps buy another one, a pup, and call him Franky II or something along those lives to carry on his legacy.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit house tbh. Buried him in the garden, moving his body was torture. Thanks for asking mate, appreciate it.
First of all I'm glad your little fellow is out of hospital. And sorry to hear that your four legged friend is no longer with you.

There are many dogs in the world that are mistreated and have shit lives. I know it is hard to say goodbye to a loved pet. But remember that you and your family made life special for Frankie, just as Frankie made life a bit more special for you. This may seem a bit insensitive. But when you've had a bit of time to grieve, think about getting another dog. It's never a replacement for a pet that has passed on, but it's a chance to give another lucky pooch a chance to have love and a happy life.

Your little fellow will benefit from having a canine friend to grow up with too. I grew up with dogs because my dad is a massive softie and couldn't go more than a year without one around. I've had to say goodbye to 5 of them and while I miss all of their quirks and personalities I still think it's a privilege to give them a good home.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm alright thanks mate
Albeit late, I would like to say that I am happy your little one is doing well and I would like to extend condolences on the loss of your beloved fur baby. Animals are certainly a big influence in our lives from the time you first bring them home, the trials and tribulations of their existence touch us in so many ways. We feel their loss keenly because they are a constant in our lives, so giving of their love and trust. They are a comfort to us in times of need and a friendly nudge or playful paw tap can do wonders to lift our spirits. Individuals in their own rights who give more than they ask.

I have a little man who is now 14 years of age, a cross pug bulldog, as deaf as a post and grey around the whiskers and I dread the day that he is no longer part of our family. I remember so well the day he came home to us, so tiny and cute with a curious and bold nature. Called him Grissom for exactly that reason....he wanted an answer to every little mystery in life and he has never ceased to amaze us with his gloriously happy disposition even in his advancing years.

Your little furry friend is at peace now looking down at you and your family...

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Albeit late, I would like to say that I am happy your little one is doing well and I would like to extend condolences on the loss of your beloved fur baby. Animals are certainly a big influence in our lives from the time you first bring them home, the trials and tribulations of their existence touch us in so many ways. We feel their loss keenly because they are a constant in our lives, so giving of their love and trust. They are a comfort to us in times of need and a friendly nudge or playful paw tap can do wonders to lift our spirits. Individuals in their own rights who give more than they ask.

I have a little man who is now 14 years of age, a cross pug bulldog, as deaf as a post and grey around the whiskers and I dread the day that he is no longer part of our family. I remember so well the day he came home to us, so tiny and cute with a curious and bold nature. Called him Grissom for exactly that reason....he wanted an answer to every little mystery in life and he has never ceased to amaze us with his gloriously happy disposition even in his advancing years.

He is at peace looking now looking down at you and your family...
Thanks for the message dogluva

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the message dogluva
Hey man know that feeling I’ve got two kelpies who I treat like humans . I take them to work every day but I share them like custody with my ex, we bought a house snd all that guy luckily we are on good terms but for 3 months I didn’t see mine and it made me extremely depressed .. Just remember you’ve given your pup a good life and it shows you’re a good person to feel that way. I hope your kicking on well ! I’m probably the most hated person here next to nasheed but time heals all wounds ! My uncle always said when you have a dog you love towards the end get a puppy so it learns off the older dog and his traits are still there. Chin up bro you got this !

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Quote of the day from my sister’s school..

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.

Christopher Reeve

Ps..funny thing is I was talking about him to my carer this morning before I saw a text from my legendary, one of a kind sister :kissingheart:.. I said it was wrong how he died.. it should never have happened..I also said the cure for paralysis would have come a lot quicker.. :blush:

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Even though they are your blood, is having them in your life doing you more harm than good"
Someone put this consideration to me about 25 years ago, it was to be a revelation for me.
Sounds melodramatic but that's not my intention, it really helped me at the time and maybe it might help someone else.
Sometimes some hard decisions need to be made after careful consideration, a bit of time and a need to do whats best for oneself in the grand scheme of things.
If Im clear and my motives are right, how can I go wrong?
Doesnt mean some decisions come without distress or whatever.
Anyways, dont mean to talk in riddles, just sharing something that was profound and probably shaped the way things turned out all these years later.
Life is so much better than way back then.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a break down the other day, dealing with ptsd - put fists through walls and windows in front of my family.

Hardest thing I've had to do for a while is sit down with my kids and explain why that sort of behaviour is not OK.

Heading back into mental hospital tomorrow for a few weeks.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had a break down the other day, dealing with ptsd - put fists through walls and windows in front of my family.

Hardest thing I've had to do for a while is sit down with my kids and explain why that sort of behaviour is not OK.

Heading back into mental hospital tomorrow for a few weeks.
Good that you're getting treatment for it Caveman. Far better than trying to deal with it and letting things get beyond where you can cope. I hope you didn't daage yourself with the wall and window punching. And if you're explaining to your kids that it's ok to not be ok it's robably something that can help them later in life if they have issues of their own. Far too many people try to convey an image of infallibility to their kids and family and it might just mean that those kids try to live up to unrealistic standards.