The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i originally joined as dogfather and then saw you post and made another account as Mr Rodriguez that same day

those were good times because the bulldogs as a club actually had balls, now the club is a trying to be mainstream and the kennel is full of people wishing we were the west tigers and Mr Mcaxe is in charge explaining to people that the referees are correct and souths are allowed to pass off the ground
WTF? I thought you have always been the Zilla....

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a text book panic attack. What is a spin out is I get them when I think im relaxed and not thinking of shit.
Ain't that the weird part of it.
People with long term chronic medical conditions are prone to these little episodes - that is not to say others are exempt.
For years my wife and middle daughter suffered "panic attacks" I could not understand what the feck they were talking about.
Wife could not drive down the highway but could drive around town no problem - THEN - I wake up one night with a truck parked on my chest, could hardly breathe and PANICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then suddenly realised I had been having Anxiety and Panic attacks for years.
My wife has a little roll on applicator with Lavender oil that works well for her, just rubs it on her wrists and waits a few moments for it to start working - I use Rescue Remedy pastilles or under the tongue spray which is over the counter at the Chemist. Natural and works for me and my daughter
When you get depression along with these episodes the shit can really hit the fan.
Nothing worse than not being able to breathe and thinking, well this is it which only makes things worse.
For depression I have basically got to go to Mind over Matter and it feels like you are dragging yourself out of the dark slimy pit by your finger nails.
Thinking positively when in depression takes a lot out of you but each person can find there own tricks to help themselves.
I used to be able to go out and do "something" to help divert my mind but that has been taken away from me by the cancer. The times I am so deflated and unable to do anything I feel the cancer slowly moving through me, killing me and destroying anything I thought I might ever do again.
Now I know Assassin will agree with me here - sometimes you have simply got to adopt the FUCK YOU ****! attitude and take it all head on.
If you want me then here's the deal you arsehole diseases and depressions - One day I know you will finally beat me - BUT YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!
Each person is different but within the experiences of others you can always find hints to help yourself through.
NEVER admit defeat - Never , ever allow yourself to be defeated.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People with long term chronic medical conditions are prone to these little episodes - that is not to say others are exempt.
For years my wife and middle daughter suffered "panic attacks" I could not understand what the feck they were talking about.
Wife could not drive down the highway but could drive around town no problem - THEN - I wake up one night with a truck parked on my chest, could hardly breathe and PANICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then suddenly realised I had been having Anxiety and Panic attacks for years.
My wife has a little roll on applicator with Lavender oil that works well for her, just rubs it on her wrists and waits a few moments for it to start working - I use Rescue Remedy pastilles or under the tongue spray which is over the counter at the Chemist. Natural and works for me and my daughter
When you get depression along with these episodes the shit can really hit the fan.
Nothing worse than not being able to breathe and thinking, well this is it which only makes things worse.
For depression I have basically got to go to Mind over Matter and it feels like you are dragging yourself out of the dark slimy pit by your finger nails.
Thinking positively when in depression takes a lot out of you but each person can find there own tricks to help themselves.
I used to be able to go out and do "something" to help divert my mind but that has been taken away from me by the cancer. The times I am so deflated and unable to do anything I feel the cancer slowly moving through me, killing me and destroying anything I thought I might ever do again.
Now I know Assassin will agree with me here - sometimes you have simply got to adopt the FUCK YOU ****! attitude and take it all head on.
If you want me then here's the deal you arsehole diseases and depressions - One day I know you will finally beat me - BUT YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!
Each person is different but within the experiences of others you can always find hints to help yourself through.
Great post and some words of wisdom.
I use to take meds year ago (for anxiety and depression). Came a time when I wanted to get off them and I did.
As a result, the panic attacks and insomnia returned a couple of weeks after the meds left my system.
The depression is pretty good now, I can deal with that pretty good for the most part which Im happy about.
My wife sometimes tells me perhaps I need to go back on them. Perhaps shes just giving me the fuckn shits.
Just joking, we drive each other up the wall but I luv her.
My answer up to today has been "fuck that"
I bring it up because you mentioned panic attacks. I too get them driving in places like inner city or built up areas. Not every time, I just get swamped sometimes. Its fucking stupid because I love driving and discovering places I don't know yet my anxiety gets in the way some times.
They say everything comes back to fear in one form or another. Its pushing through that fear as you said thats whats required or it stops us from doing the things we love. The shitty thing is Ive known this for years now and I still get anxiety when driving in the city, lol.
Just gotta ramble on and make the most of it.

Oh and I in no way think meds are bad or good for anyone that may read this.
Everyone's circumstances are different. They were beneficial for a period of time that I took them and Im glad I was able to access them with the guidance of professional health care workers.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see you pop in and say hello. Did you manage to get away to see your daughter or have border closures held that off?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, reach out to someone today. I know of a guy who basically disappeared about 6 months ago. Many people sort of disappeared through covid. Noone heard from him. I said to another friend we should call him or touch base just last week, see how he's going. but as life does we all get busy..

I found out today he took his own life a few days ago on Easter. Sad that he felt he couldn't speak up, that noone reached out and offered enough support or even a distraction from what he was going through.

You just don't know what is going through people's heads. If people fall off the radar, isolate themselves, reach out.

Anyone wanna talk reach out, one thing I can help with is a sense of perspective, maybe a few fun stories to give you a chuckle.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go to a funeral for a guy who committed suicide. Do you go or is it a really selfish act to committ suicide and he don't deserve respect paid. Bloke had bad depression

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go to a funeral for a guy who committed suicide. Do you go or is it a really selfish act to committ suicide and he don't deserve respect paid. Bloke had bad depression
Go to the funeral..suicide is not a selfish act. To take one’s own life, it is the last act of desperate person who can no longer handle life. They deserve compassion not contempt or the stigma of selfishness because it is not.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Go to the funeral..suicide is not a selfish act. To take one’s own life, it is the last act of desperate person who can no longer handle life. They deserve compassion not contempt or the stigma of selfishness because it is not.
Not only that, they feel such a burden on their loved ones that by taking their own life they feel they’re helping them and they will be better off without them. They have some distinct challenges with thought patterns, which makes rational decision making very challenging.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did not know where best to post this -
So guess what?
YES I am as OK as I can get and looking for mischief to get myself into.
This is a copy / paste from 1EE but who cares.
I think I am sufficiently set up to annoy my fair share of you guys - let's just have a ball - AY?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I did not know where best to post this -
So guess what?
YES I am as OK as I can get and looking for mischief to get myself into.
This is a copy / paste from 1EE but who cares.
I think I am sufficiently set up to annoy my fair share of you guys - let's just have a ball - AY?

You fkn better raise hell, soldier!

Wouldn't want you any other way.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crazy couple of weeks. Our little boy was born on the 1st, back in hospital on Sunday with an infection, out of hospital today to our relief only to realise our 12 year old Shar Pei, Frankie, is on death's door. Getting him put down tomorrow due to a tumour in his throat.

Emotionally exhausted.

Attachments

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crazy couple of weeks. Our little boy was born on the 1st, back in hospital on Sunday with an infection, out of hospital today to our relief only to realise our 12 year old Shar Pei, Frankie, is on death's door. Getting him put down tomorrow due to a tumour in his throat.

Emotionally exhausted.
Glad your little one is ok ,sorry bout the dog no fun as pets are part of the family

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Emotionally exhausted.
Hang in there tomorrow mate, we had our 17yo border collie put down a few years ago and it’s such a tough process.

You’ll get some comfort knowing he’s not going to be in any pain mate but like Southey said it’s like losing a rock-solid/loyal family member.

Hope you and your wife are ok man...

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang in there tomorrow mate, we had our 17yo border collie put down a few years ago and it’s such a tough process.

You’ll get some comfort knowing he’s not going to be in any pain mate but like Southey said it’s like losing a rock-solid/loyal family member.

Hope you and your wife are ok man...
Thanks man. Fuckin whirlwind

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Emotionally exhausted.
Talk about a fucking rollercoaster my bro. Happy your boy is home.

We are here if you need to chat or vent or just swear at random shit.

PS loving the beard my bro!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Emotionally exhausted.
Congratulations on the new minion mate. Very sorry to hear about Frankie. Never good to lose a furr family member.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Emotionally exhausted.
Hopes your doing alright today