The "R U OK ?" Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I kind of remember that I argued with a guy called "Pattenator" a lot back then. Didn't realise that Pattenator was Dawgfather. Good to see things don't change.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I kind of remember that I argued with a guy called "Pattenator" a lot back then. Didn't realise that Pattenator was Dawgfather. Good to see things don't change.
You can smell 'em a mile away Hacky lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I'm still not sure I'm wrong. I can't remember having this argument but it looks like my point was that I didn't agree with the ref's decision but can see why they made that decision based on their interpretation of the rules.

But I'm not a ref so I couldn't tell you if the interpretation is right or wrong.
I'm sure you are wrong, this is easy like a knock on and then someone coming in and saying that a player needs to be already lying down for it to be a knock on

so now i require 2 apologies, one for 6.5 years ago and for now

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The point is "Lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him". Not hitting the ground with a hand on him. It's lying on the ground already then a hand is placed on him.
so you didnt know that if a player hits the ground with a hand on him then he is held and cant pass the ball, this is basic rugby league 101 and its a real turn off for me that you didnt know that but needed to explain to me why the referee made the decision, pattenator in that thread was 1000% correct and needs to be unbanned because of it

in this very game, the souths player dropped a bulldog on his head in a spear tackle and the commentators said it was because ennis was aggravating him, then NRL CEO greenberg blamed the bulldogs captain for gaining an unfair advantage because the referee stopped the game to talk to him

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Before that he was StevieJ.

PS I've been living in his head rent free since 2003. He must of developed Stockholm syndrome as he even changed his username to a lame spelling of my original username lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Before that he was StevieJ.

PS I've been living in his head rent free since 2003. He must of developed Stockholm syndrome as he even changed his username to a lame spelling of my original username lol
i originally joined as dogfather and then saw you post and made another account as Mr Rodriguez that same day

those were good times because the bulldogs as a club actually had balls, now the club is a trying to be mainstream and the kennel is full of people wishing we were the west tigers and Mr Mcaxe is in charge explaining to people that the referees are correct and souths are allowed to pass off the ground

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so you didnt know that if a player hits the ground with a hand on him then he is held and cant pass the ball, this is basic rugby league 101 and its a real turn off for me that you didnt know that but needed to explain to me why the referee made the decision, pattenator in that thread was 1000% correct and needs to be unbanned because of it

in this very game, the souths player dropped a bulldog on his head in a spear tackle and the commentators said it was because ennis was aggravating him, then NRL CEO greenberg blamed the bulldogs captain for gaining an unfair advantage because the referee stopped the game to talk to him
I'm still not sure. Was there momentum?

If a player hits the ground and the player has a hand on him, and he's still moving, and he crosses the line and the ball touches the ground, is it a double movement?

I'm still thinking it was an illegal pass off the ground. But I still think there's enough grey area for there to be an interpretation.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i originally joined as dogfather and then saw you post and made another account as Mr Rodriguez that same day

those were good times because the bulldogs as a club actually had balls, now the club is a trying to be mainstream and the kennel is full of people wishing we were the west tigers and Mr Mcaxe is in charge explaining to people that the referees are correct and souths are allowed to pass off the ground
Two problems with your point:

1) I'm not saying the ref's are correct

2) I'm not in charge of anything. I'm not an admin, just a mod. And a shit mod at that.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If a player hits the ground and the player has a hand on him, and he's still moving, and he crosses the line and the ball touches the ground, is it a double movement?
only if its a bulldogs player like Thompson last year

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Two problems with your point:

1) I'm not saying the ref's are correct

2) I'm not in charge of anything. I'm not an admin, just a mod. And a shit mod at that.
then say that they were wrong and you were wrong

for example sorry i was wrong it doesnt matter if there was momentum as soon as it touches the ground its over

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the club used to be backs to the wall now we are face to the wall getting fucked up the ass

trent barrett is going to call up the nrl to get clarity on some decisions by the referees

Barrett: i need some clarity, why was it not ruled a slap out?

NRL: that was a mistake

Barrett: you dont have an anti bulldogs agenda?

NRL: no

Barrett: ok thats good, now i can back to looking at myself in the mirror

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
then say that they were wrong and you were wrong

for example sorry i was wrong it doesnt matter if there was momentum as soon as it touches the ground its over
I can't say that I was wrong, or that the call was wrong. That was my point. I believe there's enough nuance for an interpretation to go that way.

Could the ref's have made the wrong call? Certainly. Decent chance it was the wrong call

Could I say that it was definitely the wrong call? Definitely not. If I ever become an NRL ref then I could probably tell you for sure. But right now the rules are too vague and too much is open for interpretation.

But they were probably wrong.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I can't say that I was wrong, or that the call was wrong. That was my point. I believe there's enough nuance for an interpretation to go that way.

Could the ref's have made the wrong call? Certainly. Decent chance it was the wrong call

Could I say that it was definitely the wrong call? Definitely not. If I ever become an NRL ref then I could probably tell you for sure. But right now the rules are too vague and too much is open for interpretation.

But they were probably wrong.
there is not enough nuance for an interpretation, the referees are just bending over backwards to find an interpretation and you are advocating them

like that time they ruled on the kasiano forward pass, funniest thing in the world and i still have that youtube video up of it

forward pass is an open and shut decision, it is meant to be ruled on as it leaves the hands and it doesnt matter if it floats forward or whatever

but now when it comes to the bulldogs the referees have gone mentally insane trying to find an interpretation to save parramatta because the referee made a mistake not ruling it forward immediately and they fucked it up lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i think my youtube video is a very influencial video, its one of the main videos that comes up when searching for NRL bunker, the referee in question has talked about this incident in a news article talking about how depressed referees get and now the nrl switched it so that the bunker reviews a decision off screen and away from scrutiny

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
there is not enough nuance for an interpretation, the referees are just bending over backwards to find an interpretation and you are advocating them

like that time they ruled on the kasiano forward pass, funniest thing in the world and i still have that youtube video up of it

forward pass is an open and shut decision, it is meant to be ruled on as it leaves the hands and it doesnt matter if it floats forward or whatever

but now when it comes to the bulldogs the referees have gone mentally insane trying to find an interpretation to save parramatta because the referee made a mistake not ruling it forward immediately and they fucked it up lol

I forgot all about that one. That's a complete screw up and definitely the wrong decision. Unlike the South decision which had some nuance to it.

This is like anything in life. We mainly think that the Bulldogs are screwed over more than any other team because we watch more Bulldogs than any other team. It's a basic psychological effect... In part. But we do get screwed over a lot so it's possibly also true.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
btw i think my youtube video is a very influencial video, its one of the main videos that comes up when searching for NRL bunker, the referee in question has talked about this incident in a news article talking about how depressed referees get and now the nrl switched it so that the bunker reviews a decision off screen and away from scrutiny
Haha. Yep. 3rd on the list when you search it, and the first two are just talking about the bunker. Made me laugh.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I forgot all about that one. That's a complete screw up and definitely the wrong decision. Unlike the South decision which had some nuance to it.

This is like anything in life. We mainly think that the Bulldogs are screwed over more than any other team because we watch more Bulldogs than any other team. It's a basic psychological effect... In part. But we do get screwed over a lot so it's possibly also true.
the souths decision has no nuance to it, in rugby league as soon as your hand carrying the ball touches the ground then you cant pass the ball

trust me when me and pattenator agree on something 100% then it is guaranteed to be true

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Haha. Yep. 3rd on the list when you search it, and the first two are just talking about the bunker. Made me laugh.
yeah and here is Cecchin talking about it a year later, but of course he can't be honest about it and say the reason for the fuck up was that he let the bulldogs back into the game and needed to undo it and he is depressed because he has to do the nrl dirty work each week

'I was going to fake an injury': NRL referee Matt Cecchin opens up about mental health (smh.com.au)

now even if you torture me you cant convince me that the nrl making the quick rulings and set restarts is not an attempt to hide away referee decisions

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i have mixed feelings towards matt cecchin because i feel that i contributed to his depression by posting that video and commenting on the kennel many times including during that incident that he cant referee effectively because he is gay and distracted by all the men in the game, im sure that some of my comments found its way to him so i apologise to him for that but i was just trying to be as hurtful as possible out of frustration