The "R U OK ?" Thread

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I got some relatively good news. I got my job back working at the Bakery. It's not as many hours as before but that my increase down the line. I get Monday to Friday and work from mid afternoon to about 10pm. So no more graveyard shifts. I may still need to find a little extra work of a morning but at least for now I am back working again. At least too I'll be making enough money to keep me above water which was all I was worried about. As long as i can pay bills and buy food, then I'm happy. If I manage to save some money then that's just a bonus.
Nice one man! I used to work in a bakery... didn't mind it, on the days that I decided to show up!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I got some relatively good news. I got my job back working at the Bakery. It's not as many hours as before but that my increase down the line. I get Monday to Friday and work from mid afternoon to about 10pm. So no more graveyard shifts. I may still need to find a little extra work of a morning but at least for now I am back working again. At least too I'll be making enough money to keep me above water which was all I was worried about. As long as i can pay bills and buy food, then I'm happy. If I manage to save some money then that's just a bonus.
Well done bro, I'm happy for you :grinning: It's great to hear some good news on this thread every now and then.

God Bless.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I ended up spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in hospital. I was at a Christmas Eve function talking to a friend when all of a sudden out of nowhere I just blacked out and smashed my head really hard, including splitting it open a little bit. My friend said supposedly my eyes just rolled backwards while talking and I fell and had a bit of a shaking fit before I quickly come back to. I had had a few drinks but was relatively sober at the time of the incident.

Anyway ended up in hospital getting checked out as they thought I'd have a concussion, plus when they tested my heart i had a little irregularity in it at one point. So I had to be transferred to another hospital 2 hrs away so they could run more tests on me.

At the end of it all, they still don't know why I blacked out just that they assume my blood pressure dropped all of a sudden. All my tests came back good, my heart was fine and they said I am pretty healthy. So yeah, it was just a weird little incident. What a way to spend Christmas!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So I ended up spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in hospital. I was at a Christmas Eve function talking to a friend when all of a sudden out of nowhere I just blacked out and smashed my head really hard, including splitting it open a little bit. My friend said supposedly my eyes just rolled backwards while talking and I fell and had a bit of a shaking fit before I quickly come back to. I had had a few drinks but was relatively sober at the time of the incident.

Anyway ended up in hospital getting checked out as they thought I'd have a concussion, plus when they tested my heart i had a little irregularity in it at one point. So I had to be transferred to another hospital 2 hrs away so they could run more tests on me.

At the end of it all, they still don't know why I blacked out just that they assume my blood pressure dropped all of a sudden. All my tests came back good, my heart was fine and they said I am pretty healthy. So yeah, it was just a weird little incident. What a way to spend Christmas!!
Oh yeah alcohol will do that to ya.
Its poison.

I too have blacked out from drinking alcohol.
On more than one occasion.
One time I wasn't drunk either.

But its all good Matsta D.
I know you're going to tell me I'm wrong and give your expert advice why that is?

Fucking alcohol drinkers, you're no different to meth addicts when it comes to defending your drug of choice!

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah alcohol will do that to ya.
Its poison.

I too have blacked out from drinking alcohol.
On more than one occasion.
One time I wasn't drunk either.

But its all good Matsta D.
I know you're going to tell me I'm wrong and give your expert advice why that is?

Fucking alcohol drinkers, you're no different to meth addicts when it comes to defending your drug of choice!
Mate, it had nothing to do with alcohol why I fainted even the doctor told me that. No need to go on a damn tangent about.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hope all good now.. Did they give you an MRI..or a brain scan?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hey brother, glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better, bummer about being there for Xmas mate, but also best to be safe...

Could be a multitude of things and don’t rule out stress as well mate, you’ve clearly had a bit going on and combine that with a few beers, maybe a bit of tiredness etc mate and it could’ve just been one of those things...

Happened to a mate of mine about 6 months again, exactly the same thing and all was good, just a weird occurrence.

Rest up and enjoy some downtime bud.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Glad you are OK

Probably all the things that have happened to you lately, it may have been stress etc.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey brother, glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better, bummer about being there for Xmas mate, but also best to be safe...

Could be a multitude of things and don’t rule out stress as well mate, you’ve clearly had a bit going on and combine that with a few beers, maybe a bit of tiredness etc mate and it could’ve just been one of those things...

Happened to a mate of mine about 6 months again, exactly the same thing and all was good, just a weird occurrence.

100% its a combination of stress and alcohol.

I blacked out 6 months ago too from stress and drinking.
I was 120kg at the time.
Glad I was out cold before I hit the ground, I reckon the fall would of hurt?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope all good now.. Did they give you an MRI..or a brain scan?

Glad you are OK

Probably all the things that have happened to you lately, it may have been stress etc.
Yeah Mr 95% they did a brain scan on me. It come back all clear. They were more interested with my heart as they think it went out of rhythm for a moment, which then caused my blood pressure to drop making me faint. I'm all good now, just a little sore in places but all tests came back good. They just keep me in for a while to keep a check of things but released later Xmas day.

I'm already back at work right now lol. No rest for the wicked right.

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Mr 95% they did a brain scan on me. It come back all clear. They were more interested with my heart as they think it went out of rhythm for a moment, which then caused my blood pressure to drop making me faint. I'm all good now, just a little sore in places but all tests came back good. They just keep me in for a while to keep a check of things but released later Xmas day.

Excellent mate..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You been going through stress and anxiety, I hit the deck a while back out of nowhere also ended up on the kitchen floor having some kind of seizure ,bloods heart ,head tests came back fine

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To those doing it tough..these are some good words to keep in mind..

69DE79DE-DFD9-4764-B296-8A56E65E548C.jpeg

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You been going through stress and anxiety, I hit the deck a while back out of nowhere also ended up on the kitchen floor having some kind of seizure ,bloods heart ,head tests came back fine
Yeah they hinted at it may have been stress related along with just me being burnt out. A snowball effect I guess you could say. It was just weird as i have never had anything like that happen before.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This will probably be my last post here for a while?
Im not well liked by some people here so I'll save you all the hassle and not contribute anymore.

I hate myself, I feel like life doesn't make much sense a lot of the time.

Maybe 2020 will be my last year?
Who knows?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not well liked by some people here so I'll save you all the hassle and not contribute anymore.

Who knows?
Look my Man..Who cares about the haters because the haters are gonna hate… No matter what..Keep posting because this is what this forum is about.. Expressing yourself and your problems.. And by doing so realise you are not alone.. And other Kennelers who have or had the same problem..and those who haven’t..understand how you feel and will try to work together to find a solution ..That is why the magnificent @ASSASSIN created this forum for.. So hang tough and stay on..as we are all here to listen and help if we can..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Who knows?
@Memberberries mate seek some assistance.
I’ve been down in the dumps before and I deliberately overdosed on prescription medication many years ago. I posted in this very forum my episode just to vent. You could probably find my post somewhere here, I ended up seeking help and now I appreciate life I don’t live for myself anymore I live for my family. I found my purpose. You just need to find yours.

Difficult to change over night, just 1% at a time.

Edit: found the post if it helps you see there is a positive back in 2015, makes me happy reading were I am today after reading what i went through and all the support i got from this community

Hey everyone, thought I'd share. Long story short I tired to end my life on Saturday I overdosed on Xanax took 17 to be exact. Wasn't feeling it with life and what not relationships, stress work etc. Everything compounded and I was selfish to have chosen to do what I did. With that said I was lucky someone was home to call the ambos I have no recollection or memory of what happened from the point of me swollen in them pills.

Point is I survived, got sent to hospital ICU then mental health clinic at concord hospital. After speaking with the psychiatrist they let me go.

Got home family cried and I felt guilt. Not so much hurting myself but hurting the ppl I love. Never again its not worth it. I would of case more pain towards ppl I love.

Anyways, I was going to share this as this is very personal but hey its the kennel we all share a lot of things on here.

I'm better now it's opened my eyes and my out look on life and the ppl that care.

Point is, if you're depressed speak to someone I'd recommend a psychiatrist, at first I was sceptical about them but fk me all my emotions came out and I felt better.

Not expecting the sorry to hear or glad you're okay just wanted to share and tell y'all there are ppl out there to help and support you professionally.

I think I'm a pretty healthy smart man, but fk you know what saying depression is a silent killer.

Wrote this raw unedited and on my phone

The kennel is the best and I'm happy to still be modding

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Who knows?
Bro, you are well liked and appreciated on here (plus you're a funny **** lol)

Life doesn't make sense but fuck making sense of it and try to enjoy as much as you can.

Never forget we are here for you brother.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

For what's it worth, I like you.

You make me laugh.

Try not to worry if some people don't like you, fuck em I say. (not literally)

Have you been to the Dr's to get a referral to a psychologist/psychiatrist.

I sometimes come here to get a laugh, as life sometimes sucks.

There are arseholes here, but you can't stop them. I am not going to be bullied by them.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Who knows?
Hang in there brother, lots of good people on here that care and give a fuck, far outweigh the small proportion of dickheads that bait people all the time on the TK.

Be kind to yourself mate and keep checking in with the crew in this thread, lots of people on here who have been through something similar and this place really does help.

Take care mate.