The "R U OK ?" Thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Woo hoo! (Sorry, i thought I'd make it 3 in a row lol)

Seriously though, the last few weeks I've really been working on myself... meditating twice a day, acupuncture and more cardio at the gym and it has done me a world of good. Even my shitty days arent even that bad anymore.
Lol. My woohoo was because I patched things up with my girlfriend.

I like you though need to work on cardio and getting back to shape and focusing on becoming more clear minded.

Those are my main priorities at this point in time.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Lol. My woohoo was because I patched things up with my girlfriend.

I like you though need to work on cardio and getting back to shape and focusing on becoming more clear minded.

Those are my main priorities at this point in time.
Im no gym junkie, just looking after my general health especially with my family's history of diabetes and cholesterol.

But yes you're right mate, it does clear your mind and helps with sleep also.

Happy to hear you've patched things up with the lady.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im no gym junkie, just looking after my general health especially with my family's history of diabetes and cholesterol.

But yes you're right mate, it does clear your mind and helps with sleep also.

Happy to hear you've patched things up with the lady.
I don't want to be a gym junky just be fit and in good shape.

But at 6"7 tall I could really benefit from doing a good work out.

Doesn't matter too much I dont think?
A relative of mine in Croatia said over 60% of the men from our family are over 6"3 and naturally strong anyway.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Made 40 days, still addicting to those fucking nico tablets but I'll shake the fuckers in time.up and down funny im good at work with the non smoking and i always smoked like a wild pirate at work,mornings still suck ,and before bed ,ill just keep chipping away ,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Made 40 days, still addicting to those fucking nico tablets but I'll shake the fuckers in time.up and down funny im good at work with the non smoking and i always smoked like a wild pirate at work,mornings still suck ,and before bed ,ill just keep chipping away ,
That's awesome ... Just before my uncle died of lung cancer at the age of 36 he was asked "what's your worst regret", and his reply was "not seeing my kids grow up".

That's definitely a huge incentive to stick with it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a negative head space right now. Nothing I can't overcome. But just thinking there's little point to the day to day grind. I don't give a crap about money but I watch people chasing it like crazy and realise that people are somewhat unwitting greyhounds. However much we work the lure we chase will keep moving forward at a faster rate. It's part of societies trap to keep us compliant. Western society tends to be pretty good for keeping people in z state of relative comfort with regards to survival. But it feels like getting ahead and to a point where we don't need to keep working to tread water is beyond the reach of most people.

One of my mates owns and runs a plumbing business. He told me last week he isn't working class because of it. I sadly pointed out the fact that he's paying off a house and 2 car loans, hasn't had time to have three successive days off in more years than I could count and that unless he could retire today and have no financial worries that he's working class. This turned into a bit of an argument which I think might have ended the friendship. But sadly I know I'm correct. People were in a better place 40 years ago when it was possible to sort out things like home ownership by working for 10-15 years and being diligent. Now it requires 30-40 years minimum for the majority of people to hit that point and I don't see it changing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a negative head space right now. Nothing I can't overcome. But just thinking there's little point to the day to day grind. I don't give a crap about money but I watch people chasing it like crazy and realise that people are somewhat unwitting greyhounds. However much we work the lure we chase will keep moving forward at a faster rate. It's part of societies trap to keep us compliant. Western society tends to be pretty good for keeping people in z state of relative comfort with regards to survival. But it feels like getting ahead and to a point where we don't need to keep working to tread water is beyond the reach of most people.

One of my mates owns and runs a plumbing business. He told me last week he isn't working class because of it. I sadly pointed out the fact that he's paying off a house and 2 car loans, hasn't had time to have three successive days off in more years than I could count and that unless he could retire today and have no financial worries that he's working class. This turned into a bit of an argument which I think might have ended the friendship. But sadly I know I'm correct. People were in a better place 40 years ago when it was possible to sort out things like home ownership by working for 10-15 years and being diligent. Now it requires 30-40 years minimum for the majority of people to hit that point and I don't see it changing.
It's a sad fact of life, whether we purposely do it or even know we do it, we're always trying to keep up with the Joneses. We're in a very materialistic world where people are living way above their means to look like they're more successful than they actually are. Social media has a lot to answer for. Everyone has the perfect life on that shit. Everyone's a billionaire model that is on holiday twice a week. It's the equivalent of stuffing a sock down your pants.

People taking loans our for shit they don't need/can't afford. I had a colleague who's paying close to $1,000 a week in rent for a shoebox just to say she lives in the city/has city views. I'm not saying eat white bread and drink water every day but live within your means.

As for your mate, he seems to have this image of himself in his head and reality is a rude shock to him. I wish him well but not every business owner is smart and/or successful.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does life keep testing me with curveballs?

I promise to spoil my girlfriend and have a good time this Friday night and now my dad is calling out for my help.

Well he didn't personally but my mum did tell me he isn't in a good way and needs my help!

Why why why why?
This isn't fair!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Do you know what is the most important thing in life? Life itself..pure and simple..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does life keep testing me with curveballs?

I promise to spoil my girlfriend and have a good time this Friday night and now my dad is calling out for my help.

Well he didn't personally but my mum did tell me he isn't in a good way and needs my help!

Why why why why?
This isn't fair!
Brother in the grand scheme of things that really isn’t a curveball..there are plenty more Friday nights..I’m sure you’ll make the right call and knock it out of the Park..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know what is the most important thing in life? Life itself..pure and simple..
Fair call isn't it, sometimes ya gotta sit back and take it in ,i still think i was born in the wrong era though lol

Reactions: K E

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair call isn't it, sometimes ya gotta sit back and take it in ,i still think i was born in the wrong era though lol
I wish I was born in the not too distant future..when people with spinal injuries walk with their own legs..not pushed around.. So I can enjoy all the hot women walking this earth..lol!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish I was born in the not too distant future..when people with spinal injuries walk with their own legs..not pushed around.. So I can enjoy all the hot women walking this earth..lol!
Japan just days ago approved a stem cell program, I'll tell the ***** to hurry up

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Brother in the grand scheme of things that really isn’t a curveball..there are plenty more Friday nights..I’m sure you’ll make the right call and knock it out of the Park..
You don't understand what I've gone through in The past couple of weeks. One week I was meant to go out with her my mum was having heart trouble. Now my dad is having problems and has lost his self worth.

It's all good, I'm going to work something out so I can make everyone happy.

Trust me if you were in my boat you'd understand it's a curve ball lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't understand what I've gone through in The past couple of weeks. One week I was meant to go out with her my mum was having heart trouble. Now my dad is having problems and has lost his self worth.

It's all good, I'm going to work something out so I can make everyone happy.

Trust me if you were in my boat you'd understand it's a curve ball lol.
Batter up..bases loaded..I’m sure you’ll hit the grand slam!

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep I heard about that Southy! And don’t forget my mate Dr. Jerry Silver!!
If given the choice:
a) Stem Cell and working new body same as before.
b) Kick ass virtual body in mechwarrior style fitout.

What would you choose?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If given the choice:
a) Stem Cell and working new body same as before.
b) Kick ass virtual body in mechwarrior style fitout.

What would you choose?
I’d choose a) any day of the week.. Chicks don’t dig the mech..lol..