Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Ole doesn’t get enough credit for the stability he has brought to the club. You nailed it there. We weren’t far off where Arsenal is now pre-Ole.

Pogba and Shaw were on the outer and not even playing, now they have become two of our most important. Rashford had stagnated, we had an aging squad and the future looked bleak.

There is genuinely a good feeling around the club now.
I think, from the outside at least, is that Ole seems like a good manager of players. He's done well to get the atmosphere better. But, is he the guy to take you back to the levels you were previously at?

That's the sticking point for me. He's done well, and you're right he hasn't got enough credit for what he's done. But, this is Man United and let's not forget that. You were the best team in ENgland for over a decade, the envy of the world.

Is he the guy to lead you back to that? Got my doubts but ...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which is why I find his critics to be ridiculous.

I also think he is well aware of his shortcomings. These shortcomings can be solved by getting in a technical coach to help him.

We're definitely struggling with playing the ball out from the back, either Fred and mctominay are THAT bad at it or the coaching staff is struggling with it.or somewhere in the middle of both those problems.
Yeah we really struggle with ball retention and build up play but I think thats down to the personnel. Bruno and Pogba are always looking for that final ball, McTominay is physcially impressive but limited on the ball and Fred is just average. Even further forward, Cavani is a goal poacher, Rashfords best playing in behind the defence and Greenwood is still developing. We dont have players that will keep the game ticking over, a link man between defence and attack.

We desperately need someone in the middle to bring it all together.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think, from the outside at least, is that Ole seems like a good manager of players. He's done well to get the atmosphere better. But, is he the guy to take you back to the levels you were previously at?

That's the sticking point for me. He's done well, and you're right he hasn't got enough credit for what he's done. But, this is Man United and let's not forget that. You were the best team in ENgland for over a decade, the envy of the world.

Is he the guy to lead you back to that? Got my doubts but ...
I dont think ive ever seen a manager who the players love more, I think its impressive that even after a bad run of form he never loses the dressing room. However, its Manchester United and you wont get many second chances, this will now be his 3rd full season, so he needs to challenge for the league to the very end and win a cup if he wants to remain in the position.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont think ive ever seen a manager who the players love more, I think its impressive that even after a bad run of form he never loses the dressing room. However, its Manchester United and you wont get many second chances, this will now be his 3rd full season, so he needs to challenge for the league to the very end and win a cup if he wants to remain in the position.
A manager that players love more? Wasn't Pogba pushing to leave?

Look. Either way, I've been impressed by the togetherness of United. Really surprised me. But Ole hasn't shown enough to be able to take you to the heights that perhaps you should be.

Next year is crucial for him imo.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Draws are what killed us last season and not scoring enough goals

GOAL DIFFERENCE

City’s 51
United 29
Bin dippers 26

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jadon Sancho would provide more assists and goals. Hopefully Varane will come too.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Wtf this guy is still at your club?
he will retire there his dad has a restaurant in Manchester he is a club legend

also I’ve decided there is no way varane is coming

as if real maria is letting him go

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he will retire there his dad has a restaurant in Manchester he is a club legend

also I’ve decided there is no way varane is coming

as if real maria is letting him go
He has a year to go on his contract.

Can go for free in a year, or can get a decent free for him now.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also - the signing of Heaton, plus the renewal of Lee Grant spells the end of either Hendo or DDG.

My money is on DDG

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Also - the signing of Heaton, plus the renewal of Lee Grant spells the end of either Hendo or DDG.

My money is on DDG
Heaton is 35 signed for 2 years

and grant is 38 signed for 1 year

We are letting go of 3 keepers

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My money is on DDG

There saying ddg is gone
Shame coz his still our best keeper
Unfortunately his on huge coin, only reason it’s him I’d say

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If we some how managed to get both done, it would probably go down as the potential greatest window we've ever had, obviously depending how they'd perform.
30m€? Too many blow smoke up Fabrizio's arse as he talks some rubbish sometimes. 30€m? No way

BUT ... would be an unbelievable deal for you lot have to say. Those two signings should definitely guarantee you top 4 ;)

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
30m€? Too many blow smoke up Fabrizio's arse as he talks some rubbish sometimes. 30€m? No way

BUT ... would be an unbelievable deal for you lot have to say. Those two signings should definitely guarantee you top 4 ;)
Final year of his contract and he has told Rennes he wants to leave so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are desperate to get anything for him.

Surely he will wanna come in just in time for us to win #21…..

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sold on Varane.

He was at fault for a couple of goals in their round of 16 clash with City.

Maybe they think a French themed team will convince Pogba to play better or re-sign?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sold on Varane.

He was at fault for a couple of goals in their round of 16 clash with City.

Maybe they think a French themed team will convince Pogba to play better or re-sign?
And No point signing a cdm if Pogba leaving
Whole point of signing one so Pogba can do his thing

Last edited: