Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck we diddle diddle with signings of late
It’s a joke
Need a cb and a cdm just to keep us in top 4 but these glazer clowns will give us sancho and expect us to win the title

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck we diddle diddle with signings of late
It’s a joke
Need a cb and a cdm just to keep us in top 4 but these glazer clowns will give us sancho and expect us to win the title
What's the latest on Raphael Varane, are we still chasing him as well?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Between him and Torres. Varane is not returning Madrid's calls for a new contract, Madrid are being forced to sell him
Cheers for the update. Varane would be the better fit you would think between him, Torres and Ramos.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sancho looks a matter of hours away now. 75m plus 5m add ons seems like the final fee, significantly less than the 120m they wanted last season.

We appear to be favourites for Varane but I still wouldnt be surprised if he re-signs with Madrid. I've seen Varane play over 40-50 times, and ive always thought of him as one of the best in the world, he is the complete centre back. Very quick and is good on the ball and in the air. I think the biggest risk however is at times he can be a confidence player, he also isnt much of a leader and so Maguire will need to continue being the loudest player from the back. Deal for him would be around 45m.

120m for Varane and Sancho is actually really good. But unless Fred or McTominay have amazing seasons we will still be hampered by our midfield.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So pogba absolutely killing it at the euros. Man U need to buy a player to compliment pogba the way kante does
I've always regarded Pogba as the most technically gifted player in the premier league. Not even KdB can produce some of the passes Pogba can. But I think Pogba is only functional in a midfield three and he needs two players that are quality in possession as well as being defensively solid to really get the best out of him.

Kante has been amazing for Pogba in the Euros but the third midfielder whether its Rabiot or Tolisso also are great at keeping the game ticking over and let Pogba pick his spots.

At Juve, he had Vidal doing the dirty work and Pirlo keeping the ball moving around. In the last World Cup it was Kante being the defensive mid and Matuidi helping recycle the ball.

Playing Pogba in a three with Fred and Bruno leaves us exposed to the counter. If you play McTominay instead of Fred then you have almost no ball retention.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always regarded Pogba as the most technically gifted player in the premier league. Not even KdB can produce some of the passes Pogba can. But I think Pogba is only functional in a midfield three and he needs two players that are quality in possession as well as being defensively solid to really get the best out of him.

Kante has been amazing for Pogba in the Euros but the third midfielder whether its Rabiot or Tolisso also are great at keeping the game ticking over and let Pogba pick his spots.

At Juve, he had Vidal doing the dirty work and Pirlo keeping the ball moving around. In the last World Cup it was Kante being the defensive mid and Matuidi helping recycle the ball.

Playing Pogba in a three with Fred and Bruno leaves us exposed to the counter. If you play McTominay instead of Fred then you have almost no ball retention.
Pogba is a baller for France. If only he displayed that form for you.

Personally I'd sell him this summer to get more money. But, you're not Liverpool so you don't need to sell to buy!

Sancho. Top signing. Really like him as a player and wished he were coming to Liverpool. But, as we've spoken about a few times, more pressing areas of the pitch you need strengthening. Varane would be a decent pick up. Still not sold that he'll be leaving though and think it'd be crazy for Madrid to let both CBs leave.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Putting his wages to the side, this Sancho transfer fee is some piece of work by United. Done well there.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have saved £35 million signing him a year later. I’d say that’s pretty decent
I don't know the numbers, no how much his wages were going to be or are but ...

On paper a very decent bit of work by your boys have to admit. Credit where credit is due.

Read somewhere that United now hold the record for signing the most expensive

center back in the league.
midfielder in the league.
striker in the league.
winger in the league.

Hate the Glazers as much as you want ... I'd fucken love that kind of backing at Liverpool! We're here scratching our arses trying to sell players so we can buy, and you lot are smashing it with massive signings. Expect a few more also!

Comes with big pressure though and surely NOT winning a trophy this year would mean the end of Ole?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dortmund basically bent over and accepted our demands. We bid 67 million at the start of the window, they wanted 90 + 5 million add ons. We wanted to spread the fee over 5 years, they wanted it in 4. And the final deal is 72.9 million over 5 years.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know the numbers, no how much his wages were going to be or are but ...

On paper a very decent bit of work by your boys have to admit. Credit where credit is due.

Read somewhere that United now hold the record for signing the most expensive

center back in the league.
midfielder in the league.
striker in the league.
winger in the league.

Hate the Glazers as much as you want ... I'd fucken love that kind of backing at Liverpool! We're here scratching our arses trying to sell players so we can buy, and you lot are smashing it with massive signings. Expect a few more also!

Comes with big pressure though and surely NOT winning a trophy this year would mean the end of Ole?
Id imagine if we dont push for the title till the end if not win it then it would see the end of Ole.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dortmund basically bent over and accepted our demands. We bid 67 million at the start of the window, they wanted 90 + 5 million add ons. We wanted to spread the fee over 5 years, they wanted it in 4. And the final deal is 72.9 million over 5 years.
Brilliant business in regard to Dortmund. Your owners have copped plenty of grief but hit it out of the park with Sancho. Top player and only going to get better. Livid you ***** have got him

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They grew some balls, never thought I’d see the day
Maybe all that super league shit give em a little wake up call
Maybe the covid stuff opened there eyes
Who knows but hope it continues
Be disappointing if his all we buy