Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id imagine if we dont push for the title till the end if not win it then it would see the end of Ole.
Will depend on your next few signings but you know that.

Only issue with Sancho signing are his wages. 250k to 350k. Huge benchmark for a relatively 'unproven' star.

Will this affect pay structure for other players currently at club? Will Pogba ask for more?

Someone like Varane will see Sancho on that much and say he deserves 100k plus more for what he's done at Madrid, and that's fair enough.

Will be interesting now as United seems to be going all out. Good luck with it! Wish Liverpool would go nuts with the money sometimes

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id imagine if we dont push for the title till the end if not win it then it would see the end of Ole.
I think losing the europa final the heat is now on
They won’t give him time like other clubs
I’d say your right. And this is the year to snag something
Hopefully they support him with 1-2 more signings

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sancho was some good business from United. Unfortunately for everyone though, if city sign Grealish and Kane then we can all forget about the league next season hahah

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They grew some balls, never thought I’d see the day
Maybe all that super league shit give em a little wake up call
Maybe the covid stuff opened there eyes
Who knows but hope it continues
Be disappointing if his all we buy
The super league and the protests that happened because of it. They know fans are pissed with them.

Again the money United are spending on sancho, possibly varane, possible upgraded contract for pogba, and another possible centre mid, is not out of the ordinary for United and some of those signings should have happened ages ago. The glazers have riddled the club with debt and taken out dividends that have stopped the club from spending big.

The club finances itself and does it better than any club in the world. It was Sir Alex and David Gill who left the club in that state, Woodward continued on with what was already built, the glazers have not brought any benefits to the club.

The clubs next challenge is the stadium and and training grounds, serious investment is needed there so we can make the most of the talent coming through the juniors.

As far as Ole is concerned, he's an even greater legend for the club now. He steadied a sinking ship (post mourinnho) and no one can ever take that away from him. The first parts of his management career with United were spent cleaning up a lot of deadwood in the club. And year by year hes been developing the squad and probably failed in keeping the squad fresh but that's mainly down to the squad being quite thin outside the starting 11. He's changing that.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sancho is a great signing for United... young, technically strong, dribbling, a goal threat in his own right, great assist numbers, great combination play especially with fullbacks etc.

cannot wait to watch a front three of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sancho is a great signing for United... young, technically strong, dribbling, a goal threat in his own right, great assist numbers, great combination play especially with fullbacks etc.

Personally have been really disappointed by Rashford. He really needs to step up this year imo

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sancho was some good business from United. Unfortunately for everyone though, if city sign Grealish and Kane then we can all forget about the league next season hahah
Have to agree and it looks as tho City will make those signings. All we can do is hope Liverpool keep doing smart business?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they get grealish they will be hard to topple
But sign Kane too, will make them a incredible side

But in saying that sometimes things just don’t click

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Cavani will have his say next year too
Would of loved him in his prime
He changed us, straight up 9 with a smell for a goal

But the youthful front three really excites me for the future of the club

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The super league and the protests that happened because of it. They know fans are pissed with them.

Again the money United are spending on sancho, possibly varane, possible upgraded contract for pogba, and another possible centre mid, is not out of the ordinary for United and some of those signings should have happened ages ago. The glazers have riddled the club with debt and taken out dividends that have stopped the club from spending big.

The club finances itself and does it better than any club in the world. It was Sir Alex and David Gill who left the club in that state, Woodward continued on with what was already built, the glazers have not brought any benefits to the club.

The clubs next challenge is the stadium and and training grounds, serious investment is needed there so we can make the most of the talent coming through the juniors.

As far as Ole is concerned, he's an even greater legend for the club now. He steadied a sinking ship (post mourinnho) and no one can ever take that away from him. The first parts of his management career with United were spent cleaning up a lot of deadwood in the club. And year by year hes been developing the squad and probably failed in keeping the squad fresh but that's mainly down to the squad being quite thin outside the starting 11. He's changing that.
Nailed it there mate
He had a hell of a clean up job to do

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Carried a lot of injury’s on and off this year
Shouldn’t of gone to euros, but that’s coming from a untied fan and being selfish
Will have surgery at the start of the year and we've got sancho to take his place. Might be the only saving grace for martial's career at United too (I hope not, want him gone)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will have surgery at the start of the year and we've got sancho to take his place. Might be the only saving grace for martial's career at United too (I hope not, want him gone)
Yup, his conversation rate from good positions ain’t real good

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they get grealish they will be hard to topple
But sign Kane too, will make them a incredible side

But in saying that sometimes things just don’t click
I'm hoping they don't click but their depth is incredible

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will depend on your next few signings but you know that.

Only issue with Sancho signing are his wages. 250k to 350k. Huge benchmark for a relatively 'unproven' star.

Will this affect pay structure for other players currently at club? Will Pogba ask for more?

Someone like Varane will see Sancho on that much and say he deserves 100k plus more for what he's done at Madrid, and that's fair enough.

Will be interesting now as United seems to be going all out. Good luck with it! Wish Liverpool would go nuts with the money sometimes
Wage structure was a big issue for us under Van Gaal and Mourinho, most of our overpaid have left under Ole. Sanchez, Valencia and Young were on almost 700k/week between them. Smalling was on 100k per week too. Mata’s contract has expired and even if they extend him he will be on less than the 150k he is on now.

The high wages come with the price tag. As long as De Gea and Pogba are at the club and on 350k+ we won’t be able to create a proper well balanced wage structure.

I’m not too fussed with the top end players earning the amounts they do but it’s our mid-level players like Lindelof and Jones that are on too much.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think losing the europa final the heat is now on
They won’t give him time like other clubs
I’d say your right. And this is the year to snag something
Hopefully they support him with 1-2 more signings
We could sign Ronaldo but it won’t make a difference if we go into the new season without a new midfielder. I’m hoping with further player development and the addition of Sancho we can gain a few more points but with Fred and Mctom starting in the middle we won’t win anything.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think Ole doesn’t get enough credit for the stability he has brought to the club. You nailed it there. We weren’t far off where Arsenal is now pre-Ole.

Pogba and Shaw were on the outer and not even playing, now they have become two of our most important. Rashford had stagnated, we had an aging squad and the future looked bleak.

There is genuinely a good feeling around the club now.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Ole doesn’t get enough credit for the stability he has brought to the club. You nailed it there. We weren’t far off where Arsenal is now pre-Ole.

Pogba and Shaw were on the outer and not even playing, now they have become two of our most important. Rashford had stagnated, we had an aging squad and the future looked bleak.

There is genuinely a good feeling around the club now.
Which is why I find his critics to be ridiculous.

I also think he is well aware of his shortcomings. These shortcomings can be solved by getting in a technical coach to help him.

We're definitely struggling with playing the ball out from the back, either Fred and mctominay are THAT bad at it or the coaching staff is struggling with it.or somewhere in the middle of both those problems.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Cavani will have his say next year too
Would of loved him in his prime
I wish we got ibra a few years earlier as well.

sancho Is a good deal. Fucking BVB have some financial problems so they had to sell
Him cheaper

if we grab varane for that 35 we saved that woild
Be massive. But I allways think Madrid players use United to get upgraded contracts

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wish we got ibra a few years earlier as well.

sancho Is a good deal. Fucking BVB have some financial problems so they had to sell
Him cheaper

if we grab varane for that 35 we saved that woild
Be massive. But I allways think Madrid players use United to get upgraded contracts
I'd be careful with the whole 'wonderful deal' stuff as the more I read the more it sounds like his wage demands this year are quite a bit higher than they were last year. So, in the long run there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in reality?

Top player though and well done to your lot in getting him. Sign Varane and ... 4th will definitely be yours ;)