The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is only there for his carries out of D , but he cant read defence , he has terrible hands and he isnt quick.
Hate to say it but burns or allen are safer options

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clearly didn’t have his best game, but some fans are acting like 12year olds by calling him names, relax! He typically needs a handful of games before he comes good but I do agree with many on here in that he’s questionable at NRL level. On a positive note, his carries were strong coming out of trouble. Hope he can bounce back,

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not up to first grade football. Simple as that.
He played the full 80 if I'm not mistaken and he did stuff all good, but heaps of very poor things. He's 10 ft tall and never takes advantage of bombs. All he's good for is a few mistakes each match.

It's mind-boggling the way the club has bent over backwards since he won the appeal on his deregistration. Wtf do they see in him?!? I feel like I've taken crazy pills!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you reckon he smokes about 8 bongs before each match so he sees everything in kaleidoscope vision? Dumb fucker looks bewildered whenever he drops it or runs off his wing, thinking "this time it's gotta shut down the try". FFS Baz, bring back Allan or Naden wing, Burns centre.
Sadly that look is the same one a few of our players have. Avo is another. Hetheington et al. Just clueless, but Jayden is the worst.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s a thought…. Let’s all chip in a few dollars each, hire a couple of prozzies to dress up a schoolgirls & send em Caribbean Cruisers way which should hopefully see him sacked & that awful hideous front of jersey sponsor Laundy Hotels quit too hopefully! Win Win

Who’s in?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see the trial. But Okunbor always takes a few games to get his shit together. I guess if he was awful he's pushing himself out of any potential run on spot for round 1. But I'm not convinced that he won't work his way back into the side at some stage.
He made a few shocking decision Al and his handling is no better than last year Unfortunately for him I think he will see a lot of reggies this year. Baz now needs to be brutal.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor was caught out coming in from his wing, leaving his opponent unmarked and an armchair run to the line.
He was caught out doing it a second time.
He was caught out doing it a third time.
He was caught out doing it a fourth time.
He was caught out doing it a fifth time.

If every pass had landed we'd be down by 30 points at half time. To add to our misery, he then drops the ball cold three times near the line.

I don't want to see him in a Bulldogs Jersey again.
Its sad to say but I agree with every word you wrote. Even Reggies shouldnt tolerate his mistake count.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember people arguing that Okunbor killed Meaney [emoji23][emoji23]
Has always come in, he’s so terrible. I doubt he’ll be playing first grade round one.
All of the kennels knows I hope Baz sees what we see. He needs to be Brutal and drop him for ever.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why he keeps getting so many chances. Who cares if he can make metres out of dummy half when he can't catch the ball and runs off his wing to centre field any time they go near his side defensively..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It takes him three or four games to get into the swing of things, he was crud when he came back from injury then came good, there's a couple of other players knocking on the door.
First game don't expect the world but we gotta get the basics right.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is only there for his carries out of D , but he cant read defence , he has terrible hands and he isnt quick.
Hate to say it but burns or allen are safer options
Only options Steve. Id even put Naden on the wing and burns at centre.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly didn’t have his best game, but some fans are acting like 12year olds by calling him names, relax! He typically needs a handful of games before he comes good but I do agree with many on here in that he’s questionable at NRL level. On a positive note, his carries were strong coming out of trouble. Hope he can bounce back,
He needs to hsve those hand full of games in reserve grade

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why should anyone apologise to Knockonbur? He should be apologising to us for having to continually watch him drop the ball and run in off his wing for no reason on defence..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a thought…. Let’s all chip in a few dollars each, hire a couple of prozzies to dress up a schoolgirls & send em Caribbean Cruisers way which should hopefully see him sacked & that awful hideous front of jersey sponsor Laundy Hotels quit too hopefully! Win Win

Who’s in?
A better way is to drop him.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a perfect thread to be dug up on this site for every situation lol