The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes him three or four games to get into the swing of things, he was crud when he came back from injury then came good, there's a couple of other players knocking on the door.
First game don't expect the world but we gotta get the basics right.
Unfortunately I dont think he ever will get the basics consistanly correct.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are some kids who make it to FG just because they are gifted physically but never had the football skills. He probably sucked at touch footy.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Okunbor was caught out coming in from his wing, leaving his opponent unmarked and an armchair run to the line.
He was caught out doing it a second time.
He was caught out doing it a third time.
He was caught out doing it a fourth time.
He was caught out doing it a fifth time.

If every pass had landed we'd be down by 30 points at half time. To add to our misery, he then drops the ball cold three times near the line.

I don't want to see him in a Bulldogs Jersey again.
Im having to agree with you.....not only does he continue to come in off his wing (he did it a lot last year as well), but when he comes in he just stands there and does not commit in any way. He can be good in the air and occasionally (and only occasionally) he can have a decent run out of our red zone......but he has had plenty of chances....let's see what others can offer...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok I've calmed down from last night so I can give a clear, unemotional view on him....

He isn't a first graders arsehole and should NEVER see FG again.

Not only because he has dicks for fingers, he doesn't even stay in position.

He has shown ZERO improvement from when first playing FG.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I've calmed down from last night so I can give a clear, unemotional view on him....

i'm glad you calmed down first

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he should never ever put on another bulldogs jersey. ship him off to mounties and let his career die and we can never speak of him again. cant catch, cant pass, cant stay on his wing, cant tackle, runs like a cat. after years of this flog taking up a wing position, he should never ever be given another opportunity. i know its a trial and its not about winning, but we literally would have won last night if we had any other winger there instead of this wanker. every time he comes within a 10m radius of the football i cringe

i wrote declan casey off yesterday before the game based on his 21 trial but he made me eat my words, i'd much rather he get a crack instead of knockonbur

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
he should never ever put on another bulldogs jersey. ship him off to mounties and let his career die and we can never speak of him again. cant catch, cant pass, cant stay on his wing, cant tackle, runs like a cat. after years of this flog taking up a wing position, he should never ever be given another opportunity. i know its a trial and its not about winning, but we literally would have won last night if we had any other winger there instead of this wanker. every time he comes within a 10m radius of the football i cringe

i wrote declan casey off yesterday before the game based on his 21 trial but he made me eat my words, i'd much rather he get a crack instead of knockonbur
Id be happy to see Fox and Casey on the wings.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be happy to see Fox and Casey on the wings.
after he folded ponga he got my vote. he was actually really solid in defence and when he did make a break in attack he had a bit of toe about him. i thought he was pretty good actually. not a standout, but solid which is great for someone expected to be a depth player. i also didn't mind toia but think he still has a long way to go before being FG but he did show alot of raw talent and potential. both are seriously so much more developed and capable than knockonbur

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

99% agree with the summations from last night, and with the clarity of the morning after....it's still the right call on OK....you just can't keep picking mistake riddled players who show no improvement. It's bad for team morale constantly putting an already struggling team under even more pressure to get clear air and build a platform to compete...not to mention struggling supporters lol.

These guys need to have their problems sorted in reserves, not FG.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly didn’t have his best game, but some fans are acting like 12year olds by calling him names, relax! He typically needs a handful of games before he comes good but I do agree with many on here in that he’s questionable at NRL level. On a positive note, his carries were strong coming out of trouble. Hope he can bounce back,
When has he come good? Has had enough chances and consistently let's in tries or knocks on, time to be shown the door.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
99% agree with the summations from last night, and with the clarity of the morning after....it's still the right call on OK....you just can't keep picking mistake riddled players who show no improvement. It's bad for team morale constantly putting an already struggling team under even more pressure to get clear air and build a platform to compete...not to mention struggling supporters lol.

These guys need to have their problems sorted in reserves, not FG.
it's not fair on the rest of the team who turned up defensively to have a winger constantly 20m in field, the knights just threw a cut out ball to the unmarked winger and scored twice. the rest of the team is busting a gut to hold them out and he's completely inept positionally and allows his opposition player to jog in. must really hurt team moral when it happens

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
it's not fair on the rest of the team who turned up defensively to have a winger constantly 20m in field, the knights just threw a cut out ball to the unmarked winger and scored twice. the rest of the team is busting a gut to hold them out and he's completely inept positionally and allows his opposition player to jog in. must really hurt team moral when it happens
You'd be dropping your head seeing that constant weak link time after time and/or turnover of precious possession when we get so little of it, ...but these guys, to their credit, keep plugging away but yeah it probably all adds to the mindset they seem to have of being tentative with the ball and unable to execute simple plays.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This! Close thread. He is still as shit as he was years ago in lower grades. He must be deceiving the coaches with his tall, dreadlocked schoolgirl lovin ways.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would apologise, but he wouldn't be able to accept it without fucking it somehow