The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who was running backwards looking in and out then?

LOL Speaking of evasiveness, do you only categorise errors as handling errors?
What was he supposed to do? Commit to one attacker and give the other a saloon passage to the try line. Pretty difficult position for a defender to be in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I categorise errors the same way as the NRL stats department does, and seeing as I was responding to a comment specifically talking about handling errors, I think it's pretty reasonable I chose to focus on handling errors in my reply, don't you?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was he supposed to do? Commit to one attacker and give the other a saloon passage to the try line. Pretty difficult position for a defender to be in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I categorise errors the same way as the NRL stats department does, and seeing as I was responding to a comment specifically talking about handling errors, I think it's pretty reasonable I chose to focus on handling errors in my reply, don't you?
I honestly think you're cooked lol
At least if he committed that would be better. Its not his fault really, hes not a winger or an NRL footballer.
Oko could lose us a GF and you would still defend him. I'm all for banter and stirring the pot but engaging with you is exhausting lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I honestly think you're cooked lol
At least if he committed that would be better. Its not his fault really, hes not a winger or an NRL footballer.
Oko could lose us a GF and you would still defend him. I'm all for banter and stirring the pot but engaging with you is exhausting lol
Yet you continue to do it.....lol. Ok could WIN us a grand final scoring the match winning try and you would still blame him for something that was somebody else's fault.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet you continue to do it.....lol. Ok could WIN us a grand final scoring the match winning try and you would still blame him for something that was somebody else's fault.
I keep at it cause i love seeing you coming in and replying to 1000 posts defending whoever lol

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor still doing dumb stuff in NSW Cup. Break made by Kiraz, throws inside ball to Okunbor, who is about to get tackled and throws a loose ball to nobody.

Luckily Stuckey came through and toed it on for a try, but it could easily have killed momentum.

He's a confidence based player, but I still think that he's having trouble trusting his body after long injury layoffs.
I tend to agree about Okunbor - since his previous leg issue - wasn’t it his knee?, he is not the same player. I’m the first to say he has been not great lately but before his injury he was pretty good. Hope he gets himself sorted out (if it’s confidence). He scored a sensational try last year off a bomb, but can’t see him doing that type of play this year. He needs to get his groove back, we need all hands on deck.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Okunbor still doing dumb stuff in NSW Cup. Break made by Kiraz, throws inside ball to Okunbor, who is about to get tackled and throws a loose ball to nobody.

Luckily Stuckey came through and toed it on for a try, but it could easily have killed momentum.

He's a confidence based player, but I still think that he's having trouble trusting his body after long injury layoffs.
Saw that. Great bit of vision, tbh

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I tend to agree about Okunbor - since his previous leg issue - wasn’t it his knee?, he is not the same player. I’m the first to say he has been not great lately but before his injury he was pretty good. Hope he gets himself sorted out (if it’s confidence). He scored a sensational try last year off a bomb, but can’t see him doing that type of play this year. He needs to get his groove back, we need all hands on deck.
He is a good player and has not measured up to past performance, that much is true, ACL's take a while. But to give the guy and Averillo just 2 games and then get dumped is a stupid/foolish way to treat players. It's just desperate stuff from a dumb coach.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott, Okunbor and Flange are your choice of favourite players to talk about and defend..? C’mon @Flanagun stop taking the piss.

Namnasty…