The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bray Wyatt's real name was Windham Rotunda - a fact I only learned this week! My immediate thought was "what kind of parent lumbers an innocent child with a first name like "Windham?" The parent in this case was (probably still is) Mike Rotunda, a wrestler from the eighties whose best known incarnation was IRS, the evil taxman. He was previously half of a babyface tag team with Barry Windham, who evolved into the Widowmaker.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Bray Wyatt's real name was Windham Rotunda - a fact I only learned this week! My immediate thought was "what kind of parent lumbers an innocent child with a first name like "Windham?" The parent in this case was (probably still is) Mike Rotunda, a wrestler from the eighties whose best known incarnation was IRS, the evil taxman. He was previously half of a babyface tag team with Barry Windham, who evolved into the Widowmaker.
I know I'm late replying to this but the name Windham is pretty much what cemented his place in wrestling.
He was the grandson of the famous Blackjack Mulligan!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seth Rollins went ballistic during the return throwing up his middle finger (most likely a work)
I don’t think it was part of the script… you can see Rollins cursing big time which isn’t part of the new PG era the WWE is about

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think it was part of the script… you can see Rollins cursing big time which isn’t part of the new PG era the WWE is about
Apparently Drew stormed out too, but strange considering they were nobodies when Punk was around

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Drew stormed out too, but strange considering they were nobodies when Punk was around
None of them knew Punk was showing up. Drew was told to leave by the camerman right before Punk showed up.

Seth made his onscreen debut as Punk's bodyguard with the Shield. Seth has for years said that he doesn't like Punk or want him back in the WWE.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
None of them knew Punk was showing up. Drew was told to leave by the camerman right before Punk showed up.

Seth made his onscreen debut as Punk's bodyguard with the Shield. Seth has for years said that he doesn't like Punk or want him back in the WWE.
Seth knew. It's true he doesn't like Punk, but he is also a professional who will work a program with anyone, if it will make money. He was the one guy who was told in advance so he could really play it up and start the build for a title match at Mania next year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Long as you can't hear the audio, it's fine.... 100 percent a work.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was twenty-four years ago today, in WCW Starrcade 1999, that the thrust kick felt around the World was delivered by Bill Goldberg to Bret “The Hitman” Hart (suddenly I feel old). According to legend, the kick was badly executed by a stiff and unsafe worker, Goldberg, and caused a concussion that prematurely ended Hart’s career. Hart was a magnificent in-ring performer – possibly the best ever – and his career was tragically cut short, giving rise to all kinds of speculation about what might have been. Goldberg, for his part, has never stopped apologising for his role, while pointing out, with some justification, that accidents happen in the ring, and he never set out to injure Hart. Bill could have added that Hart not only finished the match, but was able to wrestle eight more times in the following days – including another match against the supposedly unsafe Goldberg - before deciding he was too badly hurt to continue his career.

Retired wrestler, Stevie Richards, is carving out a new career making thoughtful and analytical YouTube wrestling videos, and I strongly recommend that TK wrestling fans follow the above link to see a different perspective on the thrust kick incident.

Richards, who has a great deal of respect for both men, suggests that Hart had already suffered his concussion well before the infamous kick. This might have been due to prior incidents in the match, or he might even have gone into the match concussed. His behaviour was erratic, and Goldberg was clearly bewildered by it. Hart admits that Goldberg called the kick, and the video footage shows he kept his eye on the target area until the moment the kick landed. The point of contact was supposed to be just below the jaw, and Hart had his hands up to cushion the impact, but he was struck higher - around the unprotected temple! Either Bill got his foot up too high, which is unlikely with two wrestlers of roughly similar height, or Bret made a mistake and came on to the kick too low, which could easily be explained if he was already concussed.

Goldberg has had to carry around the “unsafe” tag for most of his career, yet this is the only verifiable incident in which an opponent was hurt by him, and I remain unconvinced that the accident was Bill’s fault. The naysayers might argue that The Undertaker could have been seriously hurt in a match in Saudi Arabia in 2019, when a badly concussed Goldberg was unable to execute his signature jackhammer slam correctly – but he wasn’t! This match took place in hundred degree heat and both wrestlers were many years past their best. If the WWE had considered their duty of care, they would have stopped the match, or possibly not booked it in the first place, but concepts like “duty of care” tend to take a back seat when oil kingdom petrodollars are on the table. Even so, being involved in two dodgy incidents in 25 years hardly justifies the “unsafe” tag.

In Goldberg’s salad days of WCW and early WWE, wrestlers were queuing up to work with him, and why wouldn’t they? Nobody put bums on seats quite like Goldberg in his pomp, and a match with him was typically a 90 second squash, followed by a satisfyingly fat pay cheque for the squashee.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Vince McMahon the Jeffery Epstein of the sports entertainment world!

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Over the years, wrestling fans have given Vince a free pass on some very questionable behaviour because he kept them entertained. When he was running the show, every single story arc was either his brainchild, or was pitched to him for his approval. We had such timeless classics as the Vince McMahon Kiss-My-Arse club, which seemed to be designed to humiliate and embarrass the mid-card talent. Vince was himself the final "victim" of this club, and this led me to wonder what kind of billionaire businessman would submit to this for a cheap laugh. So much so that I wondered at the time if he really was the owner of WWE (he was), or just a proxy for some individual or group who wanted to remain anonymous.