The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange, as soon as I opened this thread I heard banjo music playing...

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mandy Rose has been fired. And with her gone, so is my WWE viewership.

Laters WWE :kissingheart:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok time for my Royal Rumble summary.

Men's Royal Rumble: while the rumble itself was good an entertaining, I was absolutely gob-smacked that it was first event of the night. I mean, the whole night leads to the main event which SHOULD be the men's Royal Rumble - heck that's the name of the event. I was really annoyed in the 2013 Royal Rumble when The Rock (my all-time favorite wrestler) was in the main event against CM Punk, and the Rumble match itself was the match that took place before this. So to have it now moved as a warm-up event was very disappointing. Also, I did not like how (again) the ramp was long and had a turn. Have we seen the last of the Royal Rumble when the ramps where a straight line and the superstars can run down and slide into the ring at full speed? I hope not.

Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight: Whichever idiot thought have a match under black lights was a good idea is, as aforementioned, an idiot.

Bianca Belair vs Alexa Bliss: I can't even remember what happened in that match, it was rather boring as you'd expect and didn't last very long. I'm sure everyone knew that Bianca would win.

Women's Royal Rumble: Last year, we saw so many women who were not even contracted to WWE competing in the event, and after seeing this years event, it appears that WWE has signed a lot more women as there were only a few who weren't contracted. It definitely was not as brutal or as entertaining as the men's event, and I think I counted less than half a dozen women who had their natural hair colour. Also, I'm glad Nia Jax (#30) didn't win the damn thing, and while I think Rhea Ripley looks hideously ugly, she is very talented and deserved to win - so putting us Aussies on the map was a good thing.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens: we all knew how this was going to play out. The only good thing that appeared to take place is that it looks like it's the beginning of the end of the boring Bloodline story - and hopefully the end of Reigns as the most boring champion in WWE history.

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fox and Kayo are showing a weekly AEW segment starting tomorrow. I've never seen AEW as a promotion, but I have seen some of their wrestlers in their WWE days. I hope it turns out to be good, because WWE has gone to the pack since Vince stepped down.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fox and Kayo are showing a weekly AEW segment starting tomorrow. I've never seen AEW as a promotion, but I have seen some of their wrestlers in their WWE days. I hope it turns out to be good, because WWE has gone to the pack since Vince stepped down.
They're showing both AEW shows in full on ESPN. One on Thursday & one on Saturday. WWE is way better than AEW though MJF who is the champ is probably the best talker in any company.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
AEW does have some excellent wrestlers… but the storyline sometimes lets it down

MJF plays a great heel.. Kenny Omega & the Young Bucks bring the action

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only ten more days to Wrestlemania. It can't come soon enough for me - and not just because I'm a wrestling junkie (which I am)!

Raw and Smackdown have just about hit rock bottom (!!!!), mainly due to the proximity of Wrestlemania. Once a wrestler has been announced on the Mania card, he (or she) cannot be allowed to suffer a "clean" loss in the run-up. The heels have all been winning against jobbers, and the babyfaces either defeat their jobber opponents or get dudded out of the win by chicanery. In consequence, every match has been totally predictable (and boring).

Come back Vince, all is forgiven.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Think WWE, but with better wrestling and lots of blood.

Storyline can sometimes be a bit lacking, but then again, have you seen the WWE stories

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AEW is difficult to watch, giving away bloody cage match this past week for free between Omega and that dumbass

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
93836274_2851641214890415_1364100030029365248_n.jpg

Does anyone remember Three Minute Warning - two giant fat Samoans called Rosey and Jamal, and a much smaller white guy with the most ghastly set of mutton chop sideburns? Last night I came across a Youtube video from 2003 of the three of them being cleaned up by Bill Goldberg. Rosey, the 400 lb one, was actually Roman Reigns brother (Roman must have struggled to get a feed when he was growing up), and Jamal, the 350 lb one who later morphed into Umaga, was Reigns uncle.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 71852
Does anyone remember Three Minute Warning - two giant fat Samoans called Rosey and Jamal, and a much smaller white guy with the most ghastly set of mutton chop sideburns? Last night I came across a Youtube video from 2003 of the three of them being cleaned up by Bill Goldberg. Rosey, the 400 lb one, was actually Roman Reigns brother (Roman must have struggled to get a feed when he was growing up), and Jamal, the 350 lb one who later morphed into Umaga, was Reigns uncle.
The two fat boys are dead, Rico debut with Lita.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 71852
They had a great tables match a royal
Rumble vs spike and Bubba dudley during the brand split. D-von ran out despite being on the other show and they Dudley Death Dropped Rico for the win

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember the Iron Sheik appearing at Flemington Market (optimistically billed as "Flemington Market Pavilion") in about 1977. He was going under the name of Ali Vizari and he was a skinny (believe it or not) babyface, who, it was claimed, had won a medal at the Montreal Olympics! Even in those pre-internet days, I had no difficulty checking this out and finding it was rubbish. It caused me to question whether or not this wrestling caper was totally fair dinkum! :laughing:

Edit. It was Vaziri not Vizari (I looked it up) and he called himself that because it was his real name. He became the Iron Sheik when he went to WWF because the wrestling promoters like to copyright wrestlers names, and they cannot legally claim ownership of someone's real name. This is why (in case anybody was wondering) Walter became Gunther and Raquel Gonzalez became Raquel Rodriguez just before they were pushed to the moon recently.

Last edited: