The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
424922982.jpg

For wrestling fans in the Canterbury-Bankstown area, local promotion EWA returns to action of Saturday, April 27, 2024 at the Arena Sports Club (formerly the Greyhound Club), 140 Rookwood Road, Yagoona. Doors open at 6pm and the show starts at 7pm.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Over the years, wrestling fans have given Vince a free pass on some very questionable behaviour because he kept them entertained. When he was running the show, every single story arc was either his brainchild, or was pitched to him for his approval. We had such timeless classics as the Vince McMahon Kiss-My-Arse club, which seemed to be designed to humiliate and embarrass the mid-card talent. Vince was himself the final "victim" of this club, and this led me to wonder what kind of billionaire businessman would submit to this for a cheap laugh. So much so that I wondered at the time if he really was the owner of WWE (he was), or just a proxy for some individual or group who wanted to remain anonymous.
Only billionaire who’s whole life was the carny wrestling business would do it. Bloke is mentally deranged don’t get me wrong but that chick was a prostitute and is only unhappy she didn’t get the full cash.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
626.jpg

The local wrestling scene has lost Andy Harpas, who has sadly passed away. Andy wrestled during the days of World Championship Wrestling in Australia, and at one time wrestled Andre the Giant. In the days following the demise of WCW, Andy played a great part in helping to keep professional wrestling alive during that difficult time - as a promoter and trainer. Many wrestlers and a number of wrestling promoters owe their careers and opportunities to Andy.

I post this, as I know there are quite a number of wrestlers and ex-wrestlers in the Bulldogs family, with a good few in The Kennel. Many, along with fans of local wrestling, will have met, known or worked for Andy over the years. From my experience, he was a terrific guy, and I always enjoyed his company.

My condolences to his family and friends.

May he Rest in Peace.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So... I guess people power does prevail.

WWE received a lot of heat after naming The Rock to face Roman Reigns at WM. Now in my opinion, that would've been great. All they needed to do was get Cody Rhodes to then face The Rock to take the title off him.

Rock turning heel... nope, I don't like it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So... I guess people power does prevail.

WWE received a lot of heat after naming The Rock to face Roman Reigns at WM. Now in my opinion, that would've been great. All they needed to do was get Cody Rhodes to then face The Rock to take the title off him.

Rock turning heel... nope, I don't like it.
RR vs The Rock would've been shit. Rock needs to stay away.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
RR vs The Rock would've been shit. Rock needs to stay away.
RR as champion is getting very very stale. WWE should've given CR the title LAST YEAR - but as usual, they stuffed up.

Having The Rock take the title off Reigns would've been perfect, then have CR take it off The Rock shortly after.

You could even see at The Rock was showing the family tree, that WWE were struggling to sell him as a heel.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RR as champion is getting very very stale. WWE should've given CR the title LAST YEAR - but as usual, they stuffed up.

Having The Rock take the title off Reigns would've been perfect, then have CR take it off The Rock shortly after.

You could even see at The Rock was showing the family tree, that WWE were struggling to sell him as a heel.
The Rock does not deserve the title. He's become boring with the same sayings from 20 years ago. Also he can't wrestle 20-30 minutes at his age. No thanks.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wrestlemania main events are worked out months in advance. The plan for this year was Reigns vs Cody on the Sunday and Rollins vs C M Punk on the Saturday (the lesser belt). Punk stuffed up the Saturday main event plan by getting himself injured. All the teasing about Rock vs Reigns was just that - teasing! Nothing is ever what it seems in what Bret Hart calls "the cartoon world of pro wrestling".

How could they have booked such a match? They couldn't allow Rock to lose, and, if he had won, he would have had to defend the belt, and he has too many other demands on his time to allow for that. Also, he can no longer wrestle a realistic looking match unless his opponent can do all of the work for both of them, which Reigns certainly cannot do.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i honestly can’t stand Cody Rhodes, normally the fans shit on wrestlers who have been given everything like he has but they seem to love this vanilla midget. Can’t stand his promos, his suits, nor his tattoos lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wrestlemania main events are worked out months in advance. The plan for this year was Reigns vs Cody on the Sunday and Rollins vs C M Punk on the Saturday (the lesser belt). Punk stuffed up the Saturday main event plan by getting himself injured. All the teasing about Rock vs Reigns was just that - teasing! Nothing is ever what it seems in what Bret Hart calls "the cartoon world of pro wrestling".

How could they have booked such a match? They couldn't allow Rock to lose, and, if he had won, he would have had to defend the belt, and he has too many other demands on his time to allow for that. Also, he can no longer wrestle a realistic looking match unless his opponent can do all of the work for both of them, which Reigns certainly cannot do.
They 100% changed the matches after Punk got injured. The backlash is why they’re changing it back.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i honestly can’t stand Cody Rhodes, normally the fans shit on wrestlers who have been given everything like he has but they seem to love this vanilla midget. Can’t stand his promos, his suits, nor his tattoos lol
It’s his time!

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They 100% changed the matches after Punk got injured. The backlash is why they’re changing it back.
We'll have to agree to disagree. When I saw the confrontation between Rock and Jinder Mahal that kicked off the story arc, Rock was moving so awkwardly, it was obvious to me that he didn't have a match in him at that stage. Rock will hang around until Mania to cut promos, but I will be amazed if he gets booked to wrestle a match.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree. When I saw the confrontation between Rock and Jinder Mahal that kicked off the story arc, Rock was moving so awkwardly, it was obvious to me that he didn't have a match in him at that stage. Rock will hang around until Mania to cut promos, but I will be amazed if he gets booked to wrestle a match.
Cody Rhodes himself that he will finish the story but not at WM. That was until all the backlash. Cody wasn't going to lie.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cody Rhodes himself that he will finish the story but not at WM. That was until all the backlash. Cody wasn't going to lie.
Cody will follow the script, just like everyone else in the business.

Ask yourself why the Rock is even there. About eighteen months ago, there were persistent rumours of Rock vs Reigns for Wrestlemania 39. Rock himself knocked this on the head, saying that his schedule didn't allow him the time to get into shape for a match.

Q. What has changed?
A. The Vince Scandal.

What better way to deflect than to bring in the most "over" figure in wrestling, put him on the board of directors, and have him on the shows, teasing the idea of wrestling without actually doing any.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cody will follow the script, just like everyone else in the business.

Ask yourself why the Rock is even there. About eighteen months ago, there were persistent rumours of Rock vs Reigns for Wrestlemania 39. Rock himself knocked this on the head, saying that his schedule didn't allow him the time to get into shape for a match.

Q. What has changed?
A. The Vince Scandal.

What better way to deflect than to bring in the most "over" figure in wrestling, put him on the board of directors, and have him on the shows, teasing the idea of wrestling without actually doing any.
Nah has nothing to do with Vince. The new owner of the WWE is The Rock's manager. They are working together to make each other richer.