The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching the recent AEW All Out Pay-Per-View. What an banger of a show. Was invested from start to finish. The high light matches for me were Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks, Kenny Omega vs Christian Cage and CM Punk vs Darby Allen. Pentagon doing a Canadian Destroyer from the top rope and Kenny Omega doing his One Winged Angel from the top rope were awesome to see.

I am enjoying AEW so much more than WWE. AEW just feels so fresh right now with a lot going on, especially with all the new arrivals of late. WWE is just so stale with no direct at the moment. Just my opinion.
Watch Danielson / Omega if you get a chance

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well... WWE screw up yet again!

So... yes I tuned into the Royal Rumble, and this is pretty much the only WWE show I'll actually watch annually, and they screwed up in a way that does not leave me surprised at all. It was SO BAD that Shane McMahon (who both produced and participated in it), was FIRED after it happened (yes you read that right). How on Earth he got fired is beyond me. Maybe it was WWE trying to save face.

My Review:

WWE Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Bobby Lashley: So the ever boring Brock Lesnar goes up against Lashley in a match that many people wanted to see. It was a pretty tough tug-of-war match to start with and was looking pretty good, until the Lesnar German Suplex snorefest started. Then came the F5 which also knocked out the ref. With the ref out, Roman Reigns comes in and gets the belt of the Walrus Man, Paul Heyman, knocks Lesnar out, and Lashley pins him and wins. Walrus Man leaves with Reigns. At least Brock didn't retain - however Lashley winning the way he did was a huge anti climax. As boring as Lesnar is, at least if he won, the feud would've ended legitimately.

Universal Championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins: Reigns got disqualified for not breaking a hold. It was a pretty good match until that point. Pathetic way to end what was an otherwise good match.

Miz & Maryse vs. Edge & Beth Phoenix: So Miz and Maryse made Edge and Beth humiliated on WWE for weeks/months until this match took place. Of course Miz and Maryse were going to lose.

Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Doudrop: Doudrop is like a fatter, uglier version of Nia Jax FFS. As if she was going to lose to Becky Lynch. Everyone saw this outcome a mile away.

Women's Royal Rumble match: I've always been critical of the Women's Royal Rumble simply because there is not enough female talent in WWE for it to take place. This year proved me right yet again. I lost count of how many retired or unsigned female participants took place in this years rumble. And as predictable as Brock is, Charlotte Flair came in and dominated (snorefest). She finished runner-up to Ronda Rousey, but FFS why was she even in it? WWE should either cut the Women's Royal Rumble down to 20, add NXT females in it, or cut it altogether. It actually got to the point where it wasn't say "Which wrestler is coming out next?" but rather saying "Which retired wrestler is coming out next?" - and the fact that Mickie James, who is SIGNED TO TNA participated left my gobsmacked.

Men's Royal Rumble match: There were so many wrestlers who could've won. The fact that Brock Lesnar come out #30 and won it in about 2 minutes left me shaking my head in unsurprised disappointment.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not WWE, but local wrestling fans might enjoy this event, this weekend, in Campsie. Locally based and run by some Doggies fans.

271751512a.jpg

Including: Niki Nitro (a.k.a Hayley Rock from Housos), Tyson Gibbs, Ninja Kasai, Robbie Zucco, Vinnie Vain, Osama Hussain, Matt Bailey, Mikey Lord, DJaySonic, "The Grubb" Otis, Scottie Paulo and others to be announced. Details can be found on their Facebook page.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not WWE, but local wrestling fans might enjoy this event, this weekend, in Campsie. Locally based and run by some Doggies fans.

View attachment 40585

Including: Niki Nitro (a.k.a Hayley Rock from Housos), Tyson Gibbs, Ninja Kasai, Robbie Zucco, Vinnie Vain, Osama Hussain, Matt Bailey, Mikey Lord, DJaySonic, "The Grubb" Otis, Scottie Paulo and others to be announced. Details can be found on their Facebook page.
Gee's bro, I thought Campsie would be the last suburb in Sydney to host wrestling lol. Hopefully it was a good night :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I am told it was highly successful, to the point that they had to turn people away on the night that couldn't get in.
That's awesome. I know the Orion centre can hold about 700 people if it's in a table seating capacity. You would think for a wrestling event it would just be rowed seats, so well over 1000.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big E broke his neck during a botched belly to belly suplex on Smackdown this week. His C1 and C6 vertebraes are fractured but in good news he suffered no spinal or ligament damage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sad that Scott Hall passed away. I didn't really know much of him growing up as I started following WWF back in late 98, and he was in WCW. Then I kind of drifted away from wrestling by the time he returned after WWE bought WCW, so I didn't see much of him, but he was a big name and an original member of The Kliq. No doubt Triple H, Kevin Nash, X-Pac and Shawn Michaels will all be upset by this.

R.I.P. Razor Ramon :(

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Scott Hall was a favourite of mine in the 90's. He's arguably the best ever to not be WWE/WWF/WCW World Champion. Deserved a reign.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrestlemania night 1 was probably there best ppv there had in along time so good to see Stone cold in a no hold barred match did well considering hasn't wrestled in 19 years be interesting to see if night 2 can match night 1

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wrestlemania night 1 was probably there best ppv there had in along time so good to see Stone cold in a no hold barred match did well considering hasn't wrestled in 19 years be interesting to see if night 2 can match night 1
I just saw the results from night 2 and I don't think it was any good.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For wrestling fans in the Canterbury-Bankstown area, and nearby, EWA returns to Campsie on Saturday, June 11 - The Orion Centre (155 Beamish Street). Doors open at 6pm and the show start at 7pm.

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/ewa-redemption-tickets-341702410107?keep_tld=1

Some of the announced talent:

Osama Hussein
Mick Farook
Mikey Lord
Otis
Nikki Nitro (a.k.a. Hayley Rock, from the TV show Housos)
Catherine Nixon
Tyson Gibbs
Ryan Eagles
Scottie Paulo
Vinnie Vain
The Misfit
DJaySonic
Ben Braxton
Chris Abbott
Kasai
Robbie Zucco
The Deadly Sins

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Foxtel will have a 24 hour WWE channel starting in December.