The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It does make sense - thanks mate. I think it's pretty poor form for WWE to own their actual name. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. They should be able to own character names, but not their actual names.
They don't own actual names....only names/ gimmicks the wwe gave them....no way wwe can trademark someone's given or family names....Adam Cole is another one who owns the right to his ring name, even though it isn't his real name.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They don't own actual names....only names/ gimmicks the wwe gave them....no way wwe can trademark someone's given or family names....Adam Cole is another one who owns the right to his ring name, even though it isn't his real name.
It all comes down to who owns the intellectual property.

If WWE create and trademark a character, it's theirs.
If the wrestler does, then it's theirs.

WWE, have a habit of signing wrestlers and giving them a new persona to wrestle under so it can't be used elsewhere

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It all comes down to who owns the intellectual property.

If WWE create and trademark a character, it's theirs.
If the wrestler does, then it's theirs.

WWE, have a habit of signing wrestlers and giving them a new persona to wrestle under so it can't be used elsewhere
Yes, that's what I'm saying...they don't own trademarks on peoples given names, or of performers like Punk and Cole whose names weren't changed after arrival in WWE. Punk and Cole had both worked under the same ring names in ROH. I guess it all depends on how badly they want the talent as to whether they allow them to keep their old names.....and also how over they got using those names, whether the gimmick works etc..

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm saying...they don't own trademarks on peoples given names, or of performers like Punk and Cole whose names weren't changed after arrival in WWE. Punk and Cole had both worked under the same ring names in ROH. I guess it all depends on how badly they want the talent as to whether they allow them to keep their old names.....and also how over they got using those names, whether the gimmick works etc..
Yup, WWE are now actively looking for non wrestling athletes who they can train and develop as opposed to independent wrestlers with talent because they know they are able to chew them up give them shitty gimmicks and use them up and most will have nowhere else to go

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yup, WWE are now actively looking for non wrestling athletes who they can train and develop as opposed to independent wrestlers with talent because they know they are able to chew them up give them shitty gimmicks and use them up and most will have nowhere else to go
I used to love WWF/E..... it was always about the characters, more than the wrestling, but the characters used to be compelling and they still had some incredible in ring talent.....characters are mostly stale and uninteresting these days and those with the most talent are wasted more often than not. The only good things about WWE programming these days are Roman Reigns and RKBro

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to love WWF/E..... it was always about the characters, more than the wrestling, but the characters used to be compelling and they still had some incredible in ring talent.....characters are mostly stale and uninteresting these days and those with the most talent are wasted more often than not. The only good things about WWE programming these days are Roman Reigns and RKBro
Roman is just pretending to be Brock.
This touches on what you mentioned about staleness. It also shows how lazy the script writers are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Roman is just pretending to be Brock.
This touches on what you mentioned about staleness. It also shows how lazy the script writers are.
Roman is no brock knock off. he's a better wrestler than Brock has been for many years and is a better complete package than Brock has every been. Brock can't cut a promo - Roman's mic work since going heel has been top tier. Brock's matches have been lazy and uninteresting for years - Reigns has four star or above matches consistently. Not to mention they are both very different characters. The whole tribal chief thing is the most interesting gimmick WWE has come up with for years, IMO....Even known WWE hater CM Punk said it was quality. I don't see the comparison, tbh. Roman has been fire ever since he turned heel.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most stories on AEW have a good long story Arc on them, with a good blow off match.

The promos whilst they are given a purpose, they aren't scripted like WWE, the wrestlers have the freedom to have some fun and tell their own story

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got round to watching the recent AEW All Out Pay-Per-View. What an banger of a show. Was invested from start to finish. The high light matches for me were Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks, Kenny Omega vs Christian Cage and CM Punk vs Darby Allen. Pentagon doing a Canadian Destroyer from the top rope and Kenny Omega doing his One Winged Angel from the top rope were awesome to see.

I am enjoying AEW so much more than WWE. AEW just feels so fresh right now with a lot going on, especially with all the new arrivals of late. WWE is just so stale with no direct at the moment. Just my opinion.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon they're trying to make up for stuffing them both up as champions. They're far more deserving than Flair!
Realistically, Charlotte is the best all round female performer, by a long way, and has genuine star power. A rare commodity. But Rhea is a phenomenal talent and worker, in the true sense of in ring work. She should be the top female moving forward, for the next 10-15 years. In the meantime, they have truly stuffed up her momentum, and run the risk of burying her in the mid-card, when she too has more genuine star power than most of their women. Some of the recent draft movements, leave me thinking she's about to be buried even further, as they push overly green workers and those who need to start stepping aside.

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon they're trying to make up for stuffing them both up as champions. They're far more deserving than Flair!
Another massive talent that seems to be wasted and looks like being buried, is Toni Storm. I rate her, along with Rhea, as the two main stars to carry things forward. But, again, WWE is already showing signs of stuffing it up.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I can't believe this was close to 23 years ago now. Main event that happened when The Rock turned face and the Union was being formed. The Corporate Ministry interfere in the main event (Stone Cold and The Rock vs Triple H and Undertaker). The Union come out and totally lay waste to them lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Another Classic. Vince McMahon, The Rock and Stone Cold vs Shane McMahon, Triple H and Undertaker. This was meant to be tag-team match but ended up more like a Tornado match. I love the way it ended lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe this was close to 23 years ago now. Main event that happened when The Rock turned face and the Union was being formed. The Corporate Ministry interfere in the main event (Stone Cold and The Rock vs Triple H and Undertaker). The Union come out and totally lay waste to them lol.

Wrestling was a million times better in those days.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wrestling was a million times better in those days.
100% mate. No doubt that change comes with time but anyone could've created a better path for them to go down than the crap they're dishing out today.