NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
these are worth a watch for those that like NBA history... 8 players that according to the content creator have a case in being the Greatest of All Time

Making the Case - I of II

They’re stupid because it’s Jordan and not even close.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Quietly confident my bulls are finally going to make the playoffs this coming season.

A starting 5 of Ball, Vucevic, Lavine, Williams and Derozan is going to be a handful.

I hate the derozan deal. Giving uo a first rd pick for him as well as 85 million over 3 yrs for someone probably past his prime is so risky but it is what it is. The worry for that starting 5 is going to be the D. Ball and Williams can defend. The other 3 not so much.

We've got depth on the bench also with White and Caruso, Derrick Jones Jr and the rookies dosunmu and simonovic. Dosunmu was a steal going where he went in the draft. A lot of people had him going late in the first rd or at least early 2nd round. To get him at pick 38 was a bargain.

Lessssgooo

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DeRozan is a 32 year old, 28% career from 3 points, isolation scorer... he just doesn't suit the current NBA

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Quietly confident my bulls are finally going to make the playoffs this coming season.

A starting 5 of Ball, Vucevic, Lavine, Williams and Derozan is going to be a handful.

I hate the derozan deal. Giving uo a first rd pick for him as well as 85 million over 3 yrs for someone probably past his prime is so risky but it is what it is. The worry for that starting 5 is going to be the D. Ball and Williams can defend. The other 3 not so much.

We've got depth on the bench also with White and Caruso, Derrick Jones Jr and the rookies dosunmu and simonovic. Dosunmu was a steal going where he went in the draft. A lot of people had him going late in the first rd or at least early 2nd round. To get him at pick 38 was a bargain.

Lessssgooo
The Bulls should definitely make the playoffs. Donovan is a good coach.. If LaVine didn't get Covid last season, they probably would have made it.. Their starting 5 is good and White and Caruso will provide a lot of impact off the bench.. I agree the DeRozan deal was dicey but short term he'll be fine. Even though he doesn't shoot 3's, he's still an effective mid range scorer that doesn't need a tonne of shots.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Sixers have withheld 25% of Simmons salary which is over $8 million. They can withhold another 25%. Supposedly Simmons and dumb **** Rich Paul are fine with losing this much money to try and force a move and will sit out as long as it takes.

Just turn up, play and force a trade that way. I know these guys are loaded but $8-$16 million is a lot of money to lose..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who is trading for Ben Simmons on a max contract now? he needs to play and play well... otherwise, the lasting image of Simmons is that of a 4th quarter liability who passed up on a dunk for fear of being fouled and sent to the line... and in truth, who wants the petulance, the drama, the over entitled Simmons in their locker room and the connivance of Klutch Sports and Rich Paul managing him

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score

Lessssgooo
Im hoping the Bulls can surprise a few people with that new line up, their window is 2-3 years to make an impact.

When you look at that lineup on paper you picture a 4-8 seed team in the East, but I think that there is good synergy between those players, they each have different strengths, none of them are complete players but they compliment each other well.

Its either the Bulls go in now and try to make some noise or continue to rebuild for another few years through the draft, i think Bulls fans including myself want to see a competitive basketball team. So i support their moves.

At worst it puts the Bulls in the picture as a more enticing location for a marquee player. If the team is competitive someone to the likes of Anthony Davis might end up moving across, then you are talking championship contenders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
who is trading for Ben Simmons on a max contract now? he needs to play and play well... otherwise, the lasting image of Simmons is that of a 4th quarter liability who passed up on a dunk for fear of being fouled and sent to the line... and in truth, who wants the petulance, the drama, the over entitled Simmons in their locker room and the connivance of Klutch Sports and Rich Paul managing him
Once again terrible management by Clutch. Just do what Harden did. Still turn up and play but just completely coast and be a distraction til they have to trade you.

Morey is to blame as well as Doc for mishandling this so badly though. Morey should have traded him already instead of holding out for a kings ransom when he's nowhere near worth three 1st round picks and an All-Star calibre player. Doc made everything worse with his comments after the Conference Finals.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again terrible management by Clutch. Just do what Harden did. Still turn up and play but just completely coast and be a distraction til they have to trade you.

Morey is to blame as well as Doc for mishandling this so badly though. Morey should have traded him already instead of holding out for a kings ransom when he's nowhere near worth three 1st round picks and an All-Star calibre player. Doc made everything worse with his comments after the Conference Finals.
the 76ers should have given the Rockets whatever they wanted for James Harden

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the 76ers should have given the Rockets whatever they wanted for James Harden
Yep. They could have pretty much done it straight up at the time. Instead Houston gave away Harden for nothing. They should have kept Allen and LeVert at least..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. They could have pretty much done it straight up at the time. Instead Houston gave away Harden for nothing. They should have kept Allen and LeVert at least..
Harden and Embiid with some good wing shooters and defenders and you have as good a team in the East as the Bucks and Nets

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Giddey looked pretty good yesterday. He started and had 18 points in 29 minutes against the Hornets best players. Even hit 2 threes. He looked really comfortable.

Jock Londale was solid for the Spurs. 8 points, 6 boards in 15 minutes with 2 threes. I doubt he gets minutes during the season though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simmons reportedly is considering turning up because they didn't realise the fines would be so big. They're still working on a trade. Everyone knew what the fines would be.

Rich Paul is the worst agent... Costs Nerlens $70 million and is fucking up this Simmons situation badly. He's lucky he's LeBron's boi.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Simmons reportedly is considering turning up because they didn't realise the fines would be so big. They're still working on a trade. Everyone knew what the fines would be.

Rich Paul is the worst agent... Costs Nerlens $70 million and is fucking up this Simmons situation badly. He's lucky he's LeBron's boi.
As soon as he turns up they'll release the money withheld. He can just turn up and do nothing if he really wanted to and they'll have to release it minus any fines for missing camp

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The way Simmons gets paid is weird. It's not like any other player. His pay gets released in 25% increments. Why he wants it that way I'm not sure. But that's why it has been withheld

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

surprisingly, Simmons & co. were given a perfect example last season as to how to force a move with James Harden... turn up overweight and disinterested... but you have to abide by your contractual obligations and turn up... idiot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As soon as he turns up they'll release the money withheld. He can just turn up and do nothing if he really wanted to and they'll have to release it minus any fines for missing camp
Yeah but it makes the whole holdout thing ridiculous from Klutch. Because if he never turned up, he never gets that money back. And if he was always going to turn up, it's a bad bluff that they got called on which makes Simmons look worse, his value drops (which makes a trade harder for Philly to do) and Klutch look worse..

He should have just turned up and done the bare minimum and waited for a trade. This whole thing has been handled horribly by both sides.