NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think the Bucks can go back to back? What you guys think?
Depends on teams keeping their rosters injury free.

On paper

Brooklyn Nets and the Bucks are the favourites to take out the Eastern Conference.

Lakers got a super team happening with Lebron AD and Westbrook.

But I think Warriors will be strong and hard to beat with Klay coming back. Warriors got a strong well balanced team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel is suing Rich Paul and Klutch Sports for $58 million because they advised him to turn down an $80 million deal and he ended up settling for a 1 year $5 million deal with the Mavs.

I doubt he's got much chance of winning that one. At the end of the day the final decision is down to the player. Dennis Schroeder will be praying he somehow wins.

CalvinGordon

Waterboy
Reaction score
I haven't been really updated about the NBA. What is the latest news? All I knew is that there was a heated discussion about whether to continue the playoffs or not because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Who are the top players and teams as of the moment? It seems like there are a lot of youngsters in the league.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been really updated about the NBA. What is the latest news? All I knew is that there was a heated discussion about whether to continue the playoffs or not because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Who are the top players and teams as of the moment? It seems like there are a lot of youngsters in the league.
They played a shortened season last season, Bucks took out the championship.

I don’t think the conferences have been as strong in a very long time. You’ve got at least 12 teams in each conference that should be aiming for the playoffs.

A few of the younger guys have made the step up into that next level. Booker, Mitchell, Tatum, Doncic, Young, Morant, Lamelo and Zion look like the next superstars in the league, a lot of them are carrying small franchises as well which makes for good watching.

Lebron, AD and Westbrook on the Lakers will be interesting this upcoming season. And in the East, KD, Harden and Kyrie will be the favourites pending injuries.

Really hope my Suns can put together another good season after a heartbreaking loss to finish last season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Simmons said he's done with the Sixers, where does everyone think he'll end up?

I used to love Simmons when he came out of LSU and his first few years at Philly. But I can't stand him now with how arrogant he's become, how little he works on his game, how weak he is mentally and the fact that he never plays for Australia. Plus he's hooked up with a Jennerdashian.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They get swept against a fully fit Nets team.
Surprise, surprise.. Kyrie isn't vaccinated which means he'll miss a tonne of games as NY law determines that everyone needs to be vaccinated to attend indoor events.

Andrew Wiggins also refuses to take it and rumours are LeBron hasn't which is surprising. California has the same laws as NY. Supposedly 90% of the league is full vaccinated but it will be interesting to see how things affect those that aren't.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simmons' inability to shoot wrecks him in today's NBA... it ruins a team's spacing, he is ineffectual in the half court game, you cannot play him in the 4th quarter or in clutch moments because he will simply get 'hack-a-Shaq'ed and sent to the line

and it is a pity because he is 6'10"-6'11", strong, fast, good in transition, great defender, great finisher at the rim etc... if he could shoot, he would rule the NBA

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Simmons said he's done with the Sixers, where does everyone think he'll end up?

I used to love Simmons when he came out of LSU and his first few years at Philly. But I can't stand him now with how arrogant he's become, how little he works on his game, how weak he is mentally and the fact that he never plays for Australia. Plus he's hooked up with a Jennerdashian.
I can’t really say? I reckon he’d fit well at Golden State cause they won’t really need him for 3pt shots

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think the problem with Simmons is he is not a PG.

He needs to play SF. Needs a talented Guard to take the pressure off him.

Warriors would be perfect for him, or even the Hawks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the problem with Simmons is he is not a PG.

He needs to play SF. Needs a talented Guard to take the pressure off him.

Warriors would be perfect for him, or even the Hawks.
I agree he's not a PG. I actually think he should be a PF or a small ball C like Draymond but with more skill and athleticism.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree he's not a PG. I actually think he should be a PF or a small ball C like Draymond but with more skill and athleticism.
Not sure about a C but definitely a PF. Didn't realise he was 6" 11.

The Bucks tried playing Giannis as a PG early in his career because of his skill but that didn't work either.

I think Simmons would excel in that type of Power / Passing role.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whichever team Simmons is on needs to set up the team with Simmons in a Giannis style role of a point forward 4 at the top of the key with shooters around him

I'm not sure the Warriors are a good fit for him with Wiseman there

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
whichever team Simmons is on needs to set up the team with Simmons in a Giannis style role of a point forward 4 at the top of the key with shooters around him

Plus like Giannis, Simmons needs to shoot jumpers even if he shoots a bad percentage like Giannis does. It keeps the defence honest and if you turn down those shots it hurts the spacing.. Giannis works on his shooting and still struggles with it but shooting them is very important and I give Giannis a tonne of credit for stepping into shots.

It shows how weak Simmons is mentally that he won't even take pull up mid rangers.. He doesn't even need to hit 3's. Just shoot mid rangers consistently..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The way the Warriors like to play Wiseman would be a perfect C to balance with Simmons.

Not sure how Wiggins would fit in to the rotaion though

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
these are worth a watch for those that like NBA history... 8 players that according to the content creator have a case in being the Greatest of All Time

Making the Case - I of II