NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way Simmons gets paid is weird. It's not like any other player. His pay gets released in 25% increments. Why he wants it that way I'm not sure. But that's why it has been withheld
Kobe Bryant used to get his yearly salary paid to him in 2 installments only

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but it makes the whole holdout thing ridiculous from Klutch. Because if he never turned up, he never gets that money back. And if he was always going to turn up, it's a bad bluff that they got called on which makes Simmons look worse, his value drops (which makes a trade harder for Philly to do) and Klutch look worse..

He should have just turned up and done the bare minimum and waited for a trade. This whole thing has been handled horribly by both sides.
could have turned up and played the injured card and sit out like Kawhi with the Spurs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
could have turned up and played the injured card and sit out like Kawhi with the Spurs
Exactly. Or do a Kyrie.. Turn up but be out for mental health reasons. Or fake a strained calf.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah but it makes the whole holdout thing ridiculous from Klutch. Because if he never turned up, he never gets that money back. And if he was always going to turn up, it's a bad bluff that they got called on which makes Simmons look worse, his value drops (which makes a trade harder for Philly to do) and Klutch look worse..

He should have just turned up and done the bare minimum and waited for a trade. This whole thing has been handled horribly by both sides.
Yeah both sides have really handled this poorly

End of the day Doc fked up. You should always back your player publicly. Behind closed doors different thing. But yeah how this gets resolved I have no idea. Simmons will get paid his contract one way or another. Philli I feel are going to get diddly squat

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Are any of the preseason games shown on streams anywhere? I want to watch the bulls v pelicans at 11am haha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Miami bout to be a problem:smirk:
Lowry is perfect for them. Jimmy Buckets will do his thing. Bam will improve again. And Herro looks much better this season. I think they'll be a top 2 or 3 team in the East and win 60 games. I still think they can beat anyone (even the Nets) in a playoff series as they have 3 great defenders, multiple scorers and a good coach.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowry is perfect for them. Jimmy Buckets will do his thing. Bam will improve again. And Herro looks much better this season. I think they'll be a top 2 or 3 team in the East and win 60 games. I still think they can beat anyone (even the Nets) in a playoff series as they have 3 great defenders, multiple scorers and a good coach.
i think also when Dipo comes back FULLY healthy (touch wood) our bench will be Great.
Dipo
Herro
Strus
Morris
dedmon
All can shoot lights out ( Except Dedmon). In a 7 game series they’ll be so tough. Lowry been forcing Bam to be more aggressive and take it to the rim. He needed someon besides Jimmy to push him. I’m so excited for week 1. First game out the blocks will be Bucks. Good test. Nets will disappoint this year. With Irving thinking the world is flat and not wanting to be vaccinated he’ll miss a lot of games. NYC requires vaccination for indoor events. I know they have Harden and KD but if one is out for a length they’ll be fucked. What a season it’s gonna be. Fire up fellas!!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Nice start to preseason by the Bulls. 2 comfy wins. Can't really gauge anything. We've taken on teams not playing their best players. But it's positive regardless

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice start to preseason by the Bulls. 2 comfy wins. Can't really gauge anything. We've taken on teams not playing their best players. But it's positive regardless
LaVine looks like he's taken his game to another level and now he has the perfect support cast around him with Lonzo, Vooch, DeRozan and the Bald Eagle etc. I think they could win 48-50 games if everyone is healthy.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
LaVine looks like he's taken his game to another level and now he has the perfect support cast around him with Lonzo, Vooch, DeRozan and the Bald Eagle etc. I think they could win 48-50 games if everyone is healthy.
I'll take 50. If they stay healthy they'll be a nuisance for a lot of teams

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
And if Patrick Williams becomes our next Jimmy butler then this team can be lethal

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And if Patrick Williams becomes our next Jimmy butler then this team can be lethal
Defensively Williams looks good. Offensively he can't create much for himself like Butler can. Williams will be a key guy in playoff series to get hustle plays and big defensive stops.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Defensively Williams looks good. Offensively he can't create much for himself like Butler can. Williams will be a key guy in playoff series to get hustle plays and big defensive stops.
Butler was like that too when he started. Williams in the summer league (I know it's not much to go by) was aving like 25 ppg and was creating for others too. He looked a lot better offensively than his rookie summer league. His ceiling is very high. I think next few years he will develop well

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We probably won't see his offense shine anytime soon anyways. The players we've signed will be taking up most of the offense anyways. But when they leave eventually hopefully by then he can show what he can do

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We probably won't see his offense shine anytime soon anyways. The players we've signed will be taking up most of the offense anyways. But when they leave eventually hopefully by then he can show what he can do
That's what I mean. Most of these guys are capable if given a big enough role. But right now on that team he'll be the glue guy that can chip in 10-15 points and get some blocks and steals and run in transition. I think Lonzo being there will help him a lot.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lonzo was the game changer!

Last edited:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
That's what I mean. Most of these guys are capable if given a big enough role. But right now on that team he'll be the glue guy that can chip in 10-15 points and get some blocks and steals and run in transition. I think Lonzo being there will help him a lot.
Yep for sure!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How retarded is Kyrie Irving. He isn't anti Vax but is standing up for the people that have lost their jobs due to not getting the vax. Really doesn't make sense. The team has invested a lot of money into building a team to win a title and you not wanting to get the vax for something that you can't control is just stupid. Just retire if you don't want to get vaxxed