The Ashes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 days rain, that's a lot of dancing, but the poms will only need 1 dry session to finish this one off.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel confident if we were chasing 100 tbh... A chase of around 350 is vaguely possible.... I think it would take a big captain's knock. Sadly this Aussie top order is woeful in terms of discipline and application.... They had a few line ball decisions go against them, but they can't use that as an excuse for appalling shot (and referral) selection. 2 nil seams the only realistic result.... Hope I'm wrong.

PS...Can somebody please strip Watson of his power to refer. He should be told if he refers again without consensus from his batting partner he will be dropped. He has ability but wow.... Mind boggling selfishness!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Rodgers told him to refer, and ****ed it for himself later by not referring the most ridiculous dismissal I have seen in years, but Watson is a selfish ****

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Apparently Rodgers told him to refer, and ****ed it for himself later by not referring the most ridiculous dismissal I have seen in years, but Watson is a selfish ****
Really? He told him to? Wow considering that... and the way he got out himself, maybe Rogers' contact lenses aren't working for him!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really? He told him to? Wow considering that... and the way he got out himself, maybe Rogers' contact lenses aren't working for him!
Yes, that's what was reported, bet he felt like real dick walking back past all those old faggots in the long room

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Watson has just walked to start with and not used Rogers it wouldn't of happened.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T 20 cricket has stuffed test cricket, we can play good for more than 2 hours

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant the openers get through the new ball & make it easier for the rest.

Scoring boundaries is not a priority as such early on. Singles & rotating the strike is the way to not let the bowlers get into a groove.

Isn't that how your suppose to bat?

Twenty 20 players are forgetting how to bat in tests.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our batsmen should watch Francois "Faf" du Plessis from South Africa again to learn how to bat.

This guy could bat for a very long time with very little risk.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And to make it worse a pom is about to win the TDF

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Scoring boundaries is not a priority as such early on. Singles & rotating the strike is the way to not let the bowlers get into a groove.

Yeah ideally our openers should be setting a better foundation. Engalnd's openers have failed thus far too. I guess the difference is their middle order seems to be better at putting their heads down, being patient and batting them out of dangerous situations.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah ideally our openers should be setting a better foundation. Engalnd's openers have failed thus far too. I guess the difference is their middle order seems to be better at putting their heads down, being patient and batting them out of dangerous situations.
So it has become a battle to see who the worst batsmen. The way they are going I dont think the test will get to day 5.

Imagine if these guys played in the old days when the pitches were not as true or even protected from the weather.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Totally agree about the Twenty 20 batting mentality being a big problem

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So it has become a battle to see who the worst batsmen. The way they are going I dont think the test will get to day 5.

Imagine if these guys played in the old days when the pitches were not as true or even protected from the weather.
Totally agreed. Proper test match batting is a dying art form.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What really shitz me is waiting 4 years and seeing this happen

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree about the Twenty 20 batting mentality being a big problem
I remember watching Geoff Marsh batting when I was a kid on TV. He used to block everything & drive me nuts. You would walk away from the TV for an hour & he would still be on the same score. I just didn't understand what he was doing & would hope he get out. I just wanted to see a boundary be hit.

Now we really need a player like that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I remember watching Geoff Marsh batting when I was a kid on TV. He used to block everything & drive me nuts. You would walk away from the TV for an hour & he would still be on the same score. I just didn't understand what he was doing & would hope he get out. I just wanted to see a boundary be hit.

Now we really need a player like that.
We need another David Boon. Could play some magnificent strokes but knew when to put them away for a while. Or a player with S Waugh's grit and determination. That would serve us well too

Status
Not open for further replies.