1.A Border
2.M Taylor
3.R Ponting
4.D Boon
5.M Clarke
6.S Waugh
7.A Gilchrist

I wish!

Although if I was picking on favourite players, I'd have to include M Waugh too. Man he was good to watch. Hayden.... Langer.... Hussey....

So many more who could go on the list.... and that's not even including the Bradman era cause I never experienced it.

We've produced such great batsmen.... You have to wonder what has happened. Twenty 20 explains a bit, but still our batting order is lacking compared to other sides who also play the shortest form

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw my first test in 1974-5 and RL in 1976
How about you guys?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I believe Micky Arthur just has sour grapes, at times ya can't help but wonder if some of what he said is partly true. I've noticed a couple times Watson just doesn't seem interested in being out there.

I don't know what happen to the Clarke of last year, he was one of the top batsmen going, continually scoring 100's 200's etc. Now he can't bat to save himself. We may be missing two big names in Ponting and Hussey, but the top and middle order are sh*t.

As it's been mentioned, the Twenty20, Big Bash League, IPL is definetly hurting batsmen in terms of Test Cricket. It's no excuse for their poor performances, but more players are focusing on the short form, slogging it around. If what's happening currently is anything to go by, we're gonna get a 10-0 white wash.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How about you guys?
I was born in 1981.... the decade of the bulldog hehe. Many memories of sitting around with the family watching grand finals and big matches.

Got into cricket early 90s.... Not long after Border's heroes won back the Ashes...

Haha sorry. I guess I just induced more tears. I'm cryin' with ya bro

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never really followed Rugby League or Cricket that closely until 9 years ago. Going out was top priority.

Guess what, my daughter is just about to turn 9.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How about you guys?
Would have been great watching Dougie Walters and the Chappells as well.... So much greatness I have missed...

And I'm only talking batting!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad luck on missing out on the 1980 GF and Lillie and Thomo

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have been great watching Dougie Walters and the Chappells as well.... So much greatness I have missed...

And I'm only talking batting!
An unbelievable time to watch cricket, Kim Hughes, Doug, etc a true golden period, much the same as our team 10 years ago, it's impossible to maintain a team like those all the time.
Some great stuff on YouTube, take a look at viv Richards far ken awsome

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bad luck on missing out on the 1980 GF and Lillie and Thomo
Haha yeah I know it!

Not to mention awesome music and politically justified hoboism.... I wish I was born in the mid 40s and could have been a teen in the 60s tbh :p

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha yeah I know it!

Not to mention awesome music and politically justified hoboism.... I wish I was born in the mid 40s and could have been a teen in the 60s tbh :p
Of course if that were the case, I'd probably be dead by now haha.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep, I have blast from the past sessions on YouTube regularly, sport, music etc
Haha we have somehow turned this into a good old days thread... Then a good old days we never quite experienced thread.... fair effort!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Another wicket less session.... The past is looking more attractive all the time haha

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just wait till we bat, then you will see some wickets

Status
Not open for further replies.