Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares. There were no allegations that Barba did anything wrong. It's not our club's role to be a fact finder. If there was an official complaint through the appropriate channels then it would have been dealt with by the relevant authorities.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Requires that the accused knew or believed that there had been an indictable offense. I submit there is nothing in this story that will convince a court beyond reasonable doubt that Todd reasonably must have known or believed an accusation that was immediately recanted.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting that the grub and his manager have kept a low profile. Neither have come out to make any statement or refute the allegations.

Is his twitter account still active?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting that the grub and his manager have kept a low profile. Neither have come out to make any statement or refute the allegations.

https://twitter.com/BenBarba03

Yep, I can read his feed but he blocked me from following him (saved me the effort of unfollowing him!)

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ye, I sent him a "how disappointed" I am message to him

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah i agree with others, nothing will happen to ben, todd or the club.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ye, I sent him a "how disappointed" I am message to him
I just sent you a PM. I mentioned yesterday (before the telecrap article was released) that Ben's manager has a lot to answer for.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
not saying that domestic violence shouldn't be taken seriously...

but is it a "Serious Indictable offence"?

this link suggest not http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s4.html

scroll down until you find the meaning of Serious indictable offence
Assault occasioning actual bodily harm carries a penalty of up to 7 years, and to the best of my knowledge, is classified as a serious indictable offense.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s59.html

But, to be found guilty of that, first Barba would need to be found guilty of the offense, I believe, which I doubt is likely. Todd getting charged under concealing an indictable offence? Incredibly unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is. 2 pages exactly. See you on page #9.
Yeah I think u need to get over it champ. Sitting there monitoring wen bluenwhite posts looks pretty pathetic champ. He's one of a few that actually does have decent Info on here n most ppl here would vouch for that

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Assault doesn't mean what you probably think it does. It relates to someone feeling threatened by the actions of another. Assault occasioning actual bodily harm is where you need to look. Or, if we're being serious, probably both.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I were Greenburg, at the conclusion of all the investigations I would be doing everything in my power to have that grub deregistered. For all the crap the has done and the problems he has caused he deserves nothing less.
Leave the Broncos with egg on their face

Last edited by a moderator:

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's right, cover up, no cover up at the end of the day the true crime has been committed by the coward who punched a women in the face.

N

Natboy

Hey mate. From (hazy) memory, a serious indictable offence is one punishable by imprisonment for 5 years or more. Scratching or bruising can amount to assault occasioning actual bodily harm which carries this penalty.

But I agree that the more pressing issue for the Club will be what penalty, if any, the NRL would invoke.
Assault occasioning actual bodily harm when dealt with in the local court as this would carries a maximum sentence of 2 years. Maliciously inflict grievous bodily harm is a lot more serious but she does not have permanent or disfiguring injuries but yeah I agree, all of this doesn't matter.
The bulldogs haven't done anything illegal & I hope this is dealt with quickly!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/BenBarba03

Yep, I can read his feed but he blocked me from following him (saved me the effort of unfollowing him!)
Ha! I know what it feels like to be blocked..I got blocked by Russell Crowe. A lady sent him a tweet to complain about how rude he was when he declined a photo with her son. She wasn't upset about not getting a photo it was the fact that he was so abusive to her! I tweeted to him that if it wasn't for his fans he'd be earning 20 bucks a night down at The Enmore Theatre..so he blocked me.. Ha!! Shows they care!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
BEN Barba's estranged partner Ainslie Currie has rejected an approach from the NRL integrity unit to respond to allegations she was punched in the face by the Canterbury fullback and reigning Dally M Medal winner.
In what shapes as a big setback to the probe, Currie told the NRL through her lawyer, Campbell MacCallum, that she had nothing to add to her original story.
Currie has consistently denied claims she was the victim of domestic violence, although questions have again been raised over those comments following the weekend publication of a picture of a woman with a bleeding mouth. The woman is alleged to be Currie.
"(The NRL integrity unit) have made contact with me to see if there is any information she wants to add," MacCallum said. "At this stage she has nothing to add."
MacCallum said Barba and Currie, who have two children together, had improved their relationship in recent weeks. He also revealed the media attention had begun to affect Currie's health.

The NRL integrity unit began a probe into claims of assault against Barba at the weekend at the request of Canterbury chief executive Raelene Castle.
Aside from the veracity of the assault claim, the probe will seek to determine whether the Bulldogs - and then-chief executive Todd Greenberg - erred in failing to inform the NRL of the claims made against one of the game's biggest names.
Aware of the potential for accusations of a conflict of interest, the NRL last night announced Sydney barrister Tony Bannon SC had been appointed to carry out a review of Canterbury's actions.
The Bulldogs have been asked to supply all records of the events leading up to their decision in February this year.
"Tony Bannon is perfectly qualified to deliver that outcome," NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said. "It is our intention that the review will be completed as soon as possible but it is ultimately up to Mr Bannon to determine the final timeframe."
The fallout could be significant, particularly for Greenberg. Since leaving the Bulldogs, he has taken over as the NRL head of football after being hand-picked by chief executive Dave Smith.
Smith met with Greenberg in February, shortly before Barba's problems were made public, to check there was nothing more sinister behind the decision to stand him down. Currie had already gone public by that stage to deny claims of domestic abuse and the NRL was about to use Barba as the face of its $1 million advertising campaign.
Smith was wary as the game faced a similar situation in 2009 when Brett Stewart was dropped from its advertising campaign after the Manly fullback was charged with sexual assault. Stewart was later cleared in court.
"I think any decision not to include Ben Barba would have brought more profile than less so I think leaving Ben Barba in based on what we know ... is the right thing to do, " NRL commercial manager Paul Kind said at the time.
The NRL responded by reducing Barba's role in the advertisements primarily over concerns about the state of his mental health.
Barba continues to recover from an ankle problem and is tipped to have a fitness test tomorrow to determine if he is any chance of playing against Brisbane - the club he will join next season - on Thursday night.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Assault occasioning actual bodily harm when dealt with in the local court as this would carries a maximum sentence of 2 years. Maliciously inflict grievous bodily harm is a lot more serious but she does not have permanent or disfiguring injuries but yeah I agree, all of this doesn't matter.
The bulldogs haven't done anything illegal & I hope this is dealt with quickly!
I defer to my learned colleague!

Status
Not open for further replies.