Text messages reveal curries anguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Todd will have some explaining to do for sure IF this is article can be proven true, a quote from todd earlier in the year when asked about barba suspension "It is not a police matter, this is a matter that the club is dealing with under the club's code of conduct." If events did truly transpire they way the james phelps article has alleged, than that above quote is a complete and utter lie.
he does this sometimes. When it's convenient

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Touche!

So if the Daily Telegraph has had the picture for months and known about it, can that apply to them also? They were more interested in selling papers than reporting it to anyone.
another day, another dollar 20

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touche!

So if the Daily Telegraph has had the picture for months and known about it, can that apply to them also? They were more interested in selling papers than reporting it to anyone.
haha yeah, there is no way todd would get charged with that. Just for the record i ain't a todd hater and if i was personally confronted with the same situation both he and des where reported to have being put in, i honestly don't know what i would have done.

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the bulldogs didnt have the photo or other "evidence" anything they said to the police would be classed as hearsay and can not be used in court

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
So at no stage is it suggested that these text messages reached Greenberg or Hasler. They were confronted with a distraught woman who was asking for their help and gave her their trust. At no point has it been suggested they were the ones who recommended that she go away for days or weeks, I think Orr needs invetigating for that.

The Telegraphs Rothfield and Kent claimed they have only had the photo for six weeks yet their colleague claimed to have had it in May. Either way we are expected to believe that whole time nobody approached an NRL official for comment? BULLSHIT.

So it's clear that Ainslee has been betrayed by her so called friend who passed on the messages when asked not to and even sought financial gain through a third party. The Telegraph are now up in arms when they themselves have kept the story under wraps since May, and it is more than likely the NRL knew.

Cover up? I don't think so, more like we are being made the scapegoats

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Barba has a history of punching on with people

Ben Barba, Jamal Idris in carpark punch-up

BULLDOGS trio Ben Barba, Jamal Idris and Lee Te Maari will this week face the club's disciplinary committee after turning on each other during a night out in Sydney's west over the weekend.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph online, young guns Idris and Barba traded punches after a disagreement in the carpark of the Wentworthville Hotel on Saturday night.

As expected, the tiny Barba came off second best after giving away 13cm in height and 23kg in weight to his dreadlocked sparring partner.

Barba emerged with a bloodied nose but he has since made peace with Idris and Te Maari.

Bulldogs insiders told The Daily Telegraph that a chirpy Barba had been getting under the skin of both players during a get-together at skipper Andrew Ryan's house earlier in the afternoon.

Barba's girlfriend collected the three players in her car and they made a pit stop at the pub to buy some takeaway drinks.

However, the group then decided to stay at the hotel for one drink and it was there tensions mounted.

As they were walking back through the carpark to leave, Barba shoved Te Maari up against a wall.

Idris took exception and stepped in on behalf of the former Dragons second-rower. Unperturbed by Idris's giant presence looming over him, Barba shoved the centre.

Idris then retaliated with a punch that left Barba with a bloodied nose.

Bulldogs officials were unaware of any incident until late on Sunday.

All three players were called in to explain their actions at a meeting yesterday morning, after which CEO Todd Greenberg decided they would all face the club's disciplinary committee this week.

Teenagers Barba and Idris are not expected to face a serious penalty, although a fine and written warning are options. Te Maari, however, is on shakier ground. The 23-year-old already has a number of black marks against his name from previous off-field incidents.

Greenberg last night stressed he and coach Kevin Moore were both "extremely disappointed" the players had brought the club's image into focus as the search continues for a new major sponsor.

"The club is aware of the incident and we are now in the process of getting a better understanding of exactly what happened," Greenberg said. "Rest assured that we are taking this very seriously and all the players concerned will be dealt with accordingly."

Ironically, Barba and Idris are today scheduled to front an Arrive Alive promotion for junior rugby league.

Along with teammate Yileen Gordon, the pair are expected to meet and greet more than 200 of the game's best emerging talent at an oval in Sefton.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/bulldogs-scuffle-the-full-story/story-e6frexni-1225697662771

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I think any domestic dispute is a messy thing. All sorts of factors are mixed up in it. In this case he made the accusation that she was "seeing" another married man. She couldn't have been feeling good about that. We don't know whether he was affected by alcohol at the time but he has a history of that so it could be a factor. Apparently Ben comes from a background without good role models so that will be a factor as well.

Faced with Barba's manager and his distraught wife the club apparently (according to the article) advised her to go to the police. That was the correct advice but they cannot make her go and if she strongly argues that she doesn't want to bring the police into it then what is the club to do?

It does explain why the club hasn't fought too hard financially to keep Barba and it does explain why both Barba and his Barba are looking for a fresh start. As I said above, its a messy business and I believe our club has handled it as well as they could. I hope that the family comes out on top in Brisbane for the sake of the kids and no longer regret that our club let him go. My main focus now is on who we will recruit to replace him.

N

Natboy

if the bulldogs didnt have the photo or other "evidence" anything they said to the police would be classed as hearsay and can not be used in court
But the Police are still forced to send it to court.
Sorry to burst your bubbles but based on the injuries it is not a serious indictable offence so no one will be in trouble for concealing it from the Police. The NRL maybe

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the bulldogs not have a legal department? and if so why wouldnt you bloody consult them about this matter?

Killer_Dogz

Waterboy
Reaction score
But the Police are still forced to send it to court.
Sorry to burst your bubbles but based on the injuries it is not a serious indictable offence so no one will be in trouble for concealing it from the Police. The NRL maybe
Hey mate. From (hazy) memory, a serious indictable offence is one punishable by imprisonment for 5 years or more. Scratching or bruising can amount to assault occasioning actual bodily harm which carries this penalty.

But I agree that the more pressing issue for the Club will be what penalty, if any, the NRL would invoke.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing will happen to us or TG, we asked for the investigation. If we have done something wrong, why would we put our own head in a noose?

Stop worrying people, barba is the dirty prick, not us.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Nothing will happen to the Dogs

Greenburg may get a wrap on the knuckles, but he is not with us anymore so doesnt really matter to us.

Barba, i hope cops a year like Robert Lui and misses his first year with the Bronco's

Status
Not open for further replies.