Text messages reveal curries anguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
A lot of media and people here saying TG gone and they should of confessed

Way I see it, what if they did confess, they tried to get her to talk to the cops, she refused, so if Todd took it further, the club would of been in danger of being sued by her and the grub for releasing false information, damned if you do, damned if you don't situation
.... rewind back to February.

He's the Dally M player of the year, and about to launch the season opener as the 'face of the game'. Sh*t hits the fan, and this unfolds. What do we do ?

(a) Do we sack him ?

Say we do. We throw him under a bus by releasing the details of his recent behaviours. We let the media do the rest in whipping up the fury and put the pressure on Police to do something because the partner wont.

What happens next ?

- Outrage that we only look after a players welfare so long as he was winning us games ?
- Outrage from supporters because we're letting him to go, and based on other NRL precedents, he'll simply arrive at another club and carve us up ?
- Outrage that we didn't do enough in our "duty of care" ?

(b) Do we deal with him ourselves ?

Say we do. We stand him down from all committments, citing a recent pattern of self-destructive behaviours inconsistant with several values we expect ALL of our players to uphold. We enter him into a rehabilitation facility, provide the best psychological treatments so he can address the blatantly apparent issues he has, and do so for the greater good of all concerned, not just the club's on field results.

What happens next ?

- Outrage that we're protecting our star player and turn a blind eye to the serious issue of alcohol fuelled violence ?
- Outrage that by entering him in counselling/rehabilitation we're simply trying to minimise the legal ramifications as an ulterior motive to get him back on the field to win games ?
- Outrage that we have a greater social responsibility to our stakeholders and the game in general, and by not expelling him immediately, we're seen to be forgiving it or allowing his behaviour to go unchecked ?

Oh how good it must be to hate the Bulldogs.
F*cking morons.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
IM wondering when the mods will think its time for a barba saga mega thread. There are now 9 barba threads on the main/1st page of the forum. Am i the only one who is sick to death of talking about this guy. TBH i couldnt give a toss if he chopped up ppl in his garage. 1 week till finals time and nobody is talking about it. Just about this wingnut.

Over it.
Good point. Worth addressing.

Over the last 3-4 years we've tested two methods of diseminating 'player information'. One is we create a 'Josh Reynolds - Player Thread" where everything is funneled. The other is we allow unfiltered news to arrive as it occurs and leave threads as individual catch-ups on certain topics (ie: Reynolds re-signs for 3 years is 'newsorthy' and deserves a thread outside of merged discussion).

The problem's are ... if we want to simply catch up on latest developments, and you haven't been on here for a while, often the story is buried under pages of comment within the "Player Thread".

On the flipside of that coin, by allowing unfiltered threads (except for duplicates of course) we see the proliferation of many thread s on one player, when there is peak interest or something very newsworthy.

The reality is, by allowing unfiltered threads, we cater to a greater crowd of site users better. Admins reckon 80% of our traffic is non-account based. It was their call to go back to unfiltered, away from merged player discussions.

Clearly this Barba-saga is emerging daily, and due to the incredible public interest, we're just gonna have to tolerate a few weeks of many Barba threads.

My advice : Read. Don't comment. Let them die off the front page from neglect. Start a new thread to bump it down if you want. :thumb:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"Barba is understood to have had an issue with the man he suspected had become close with his former partner."

Could the other guy have been a team mate??? Just throwing it out there....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow after seeing that Barba HAS to be stood down for 12 months same as Lui.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of media and people here saying TG gone and they should of confessed

Way I see it, what if they did confess, they tried to get her to talk to the cops, she refused, so if Todd took it further, the club would of been in danger of being sued by her and the grub for releasing false information, damned if you do, damned if you don't situation
Hate to say it, but it looks like The Baiter @ Brookvale was right all along, when he screamed 'wife beater' at the grub after the R14 match

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Todd, he was begged by Ainslie not to make it a police matter or take it to the NRL, and now he could be shafted for it.

Also, how long do you give it before the Daily Telegraph starts pushing for us to have our points stripped?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Ainslie Currie... What a dope, protecting Ben Barba. If Ben was to beat her again I'd lol. It'd be a dose of karma.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true Barba should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, boot him now!!! Let's not award wankers like this with hefty contracts.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really really wish we just went public with this as soon as we knew about it. We get rid of the fkn grub and now this will follow us around like a fart.

D

DoggyStylz

Ben Teo would be thanking his lucky stars right about now

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is any of this a surprise? not reallty, women being hit by their partner and not wanting to go the police or tell people, obviously domestic violence is very wrong but statistics show the reported levels are likley much below actual levels ask a women, or a man, that has been the victim of domestic violence how hard it is to leave walk away and confront it, i bet its damn damn hard.

So are we surprised she didnt wanna go the cops no, if she didn't and todd n des walked in to belmore police station and said this is what we beleive the situation to be would much of been done? i doubt it very much

if ben is guilty he should be banned like LUi

N

Natboy

So are we surprised she didnt wanna go the cops no, if she didn't and todd n des walked in to belmore police station and said this is what we beleive the situation to be would much of been done? i doubt it very much
Police would be compelled to apply for an AVO at very least and possible charge the scumbag as there was visible injuries. She wouldn't have turned up to court anyway though as I've said

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont mind james phelps's articles as he is usually straight forward and honest. It does help that his brother was an ex bulldog first grader an that he is a bulldog tragic lol. Im so happy he pointed out two important facts re. Not the club releasing story an aunslie following barba up!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
if it was Greenbergs daughter who came to him but didn't want to go to the cops he would go to the station anyway and tell them himself.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We as a club need to concentrate on the Semi finals, we can't keep squabbling over this guy, he is leaving and the Bronco's must be overjoyed with their new signing.
The writing will be on the wall when BB is not named this afternoon.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Who cares about this shit..It baffles me why people are so interested

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd will have some explaining to do for sure IF this is article can be proven true, a quote from todd earlier in the year when asked about barba suspension "It is not a police matter, this is a matter that the club is dealing with under the club's code of conduct." If events did truly transpire they way the james phelps article has alleged, than that above quote is a complete and utter lie.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll be furious if this affects Todd, he is a good man.

Barba is an absolute cancer to the Dogs and society in general, I can't believe I ever thought this guy was a good person.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Todd will have some explaining to do for sure IF this is article can be proven true, a quote from todd earlier in the year when asked about barba suspension "It is not a police matter, this is a matter that the club is dealing with under the club's code of conduct." If events did truly transpire they way the james phelps article has alleged, than that above quote is a complete and utter lie.
Technically because she didnt want the police involved, it never became a police matter

Status
Not open for further replies.