Text messages reveal curries anguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ainslie Currie's texts to a friend detail injuries after allegedly being punched by Ben Barba
James Phelps
The Daily Telegraph
September 02, 2013 11:00PM
THESE are some of the text messages Ainslie Currie sent to a friend after fronting the Bulldogs and alleging her former partner Ben Barba punched her in the face.

As the NRL continues its investigation into claims the star fullback was the subject of a domestic violence complaint, The Daily Telegraph can reveal a partial transcript of the explosive text messages Ms Currie sent to a friend detailing the injuries she is alleged to have sustained following an altercation with Barba on February 24.

Please install the latest Flash player

Ms Currie sent a friend a series of text messages describing her injuries before reluctantly sending a picture that showed the lower section of her face covered in blood.

"Nothings funny, you should see my face," Ms Currie wrote.

"It is not good ey (sic). Because it is ugly."

The friend urged Ms Currie to provide more details.

"I just have a busted lip," Ms Currie continued.

"I have to go away for a few days maybe weeks".

Ms Currie was asked by the concerned friend to send a picture so they could see the extent of the alleged injuries to face of Barba’s former partner.

“Ok do u (sic) want blood or the aftermath?" Ms Currie wrote.

"Blerh (sic)."

Ms Currie then set the photograph that was exclusively published in The Sunday Telegraph when the revelations of the assault allegations were revealed.

The picture is now in the hands of the NRL Integrity Unit, which is investigating the alleged assault as well as the possibility the incident was covered up by the club.

“I have the bigggggest bruised jaw ever," Ms Currie said after the friend asked when “he" did this.

“This morning. I can’t even remember how it all came about. I was lying dwn (sic) goin (sic) back to sleep."

The friend asked where "he" was, with Ms Currie stating “he" was at Belmore.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal further details of the alleged incident that saw Barba sent to rehabilitation after being stood down by the club.

Ms Currie told Bulldogs officials Barba confronted her in her Caringbah apartment on the morning of February 24 and asked her whether or not she was having a relationship with another man.

Ms Currie was estranged from Barba at the time and the footballer was in a relationship with another woman.

Barba is understood to have had an issue with the man he suspected had become close with his former partner.

Ms Currie is alleged to have fled over a balcony from the ground floor apartment she formerly shared with Barba before calling the footballer’s manager, Gavin Orr.

Mr Orr took Ms Currie to Belmore where the assault claims were made to Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and former CEO Todd Greenberg.

Both Greenberg and Hasler directed Ms Currie to go to police.

Ms Currie has resumed a relationship with Barba. Contrary to reports, Ms Currie is not living in Brisbane, but plans to move to Queensland with Barba when he begins his new contract with the Broncos.

Barba has admitted to having gambling and alcohol problems, which the Bulldogs have tried to address. The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs pay a percentage of Barba’s wage directly into Ms Currie’s account.

The Bulldogs are co-operating fully with the NRL’s investigation. It has been incorrectly reported the club leaked the information to The Sunday Telegraph after Barba decided to seek a release from the final two years of his contract. The Sunday Telegraph broke the story after a six-week investigation, which began after the newspaper learned of the existence of the photo.

The Broncos have indicated they will honour the deal and support Barba.

Text message exchange between Ainslie Currie and a friend

FEBRUARY 25

Ainslie Currie: 9.31pm Nothins funny. U should see my face
Friend: 9.32pm Wtf is wrong with u?
Friend: 9.32pm Oi
Currie: 9.38pm Not good ey
Friend: 9.38pm Well care to show
Currie: 9.38pm Not really
Friend: 9.39pm Y
Currie: 9.39pm Cuz its ugly
Friend: 9.39pm Show me now
Currie: 9.39pm Haha no
Friend: 9.39pm Ainslie
Currie: 9.39pm (emoticon frown face)
Currie: 9.40pm Just have a busted lip.
Friend: 9.40pm Show me
Friend: 9.40pm Please
Currie: 9.40pm Hy
Currie: 9.40pm Why
Friend: 9.40pm Cause!
Currie: 9.41pm (emoticon smiley face poking tongue out)
Friend: 9.41pm Please
Currie: 9.41pm I have to go away for a few days maybe weeks
Friend: 9.41pm Omg show me
Currie: 9.42pm Can u not say anything or show anyone pls
Friend: 9.42pm I am not going too..
Currie: 9.42pm Ok i guess do u want blood or the aftermath hahaha
Friend: 9.42pm All of it
Currie: 9.43pm Nah
Friend: 9.43pm Yes
Currie: 9.43pm I dunnooooo
Friend: 9.43pm Please
Currie: 9.44pm Blerh
Currie: 9.44pm Delete it strait away
(Photo is sent)
Friend: 9.44pm Wtf when did he do this!
Currie: 9.44pm I have the bigggggest bruised jaw ever. Its yuk
Currie: 9.45pm This morning.
Friend: 9.45pm Y
(Message removed)
Currie: 9.46pm I cant even rememver how it all came about i was laying dwn goin back to sleep
(Message removed)
Friend: 9.46pm Where is he?
Currie: 9.47pm In belmore
Friend: 9.47pm Y?

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't understand what the club was meant to do, they gave her the option of reporting it to the police which she declined to do, how we're they supposed to know whether or not the allegations were true? When she didn't want to report it to the police. In my opinion they handled it to the best of their ability with the minimal information they had regarding the whole incident. It's just the media trying to derail our season once again

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if this is made up they would be facing legal action? At least they are actually saying we did not leak the story.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Thank you James Phelps .... finally a media type who can see through the agendas.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is big, Ainslie has been lying to public/media...period

whether it was to save her family (when she has already split with Barba) and/or to keep getting percentage of Barba's pay.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL... Barba screws the club over and now the media are screwing him bigtime...

If those texts are legit, and the picture, seems like they are a great match for each other... Both liars..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is thank goodness he's going to the Broncos.

The one thing I haven't been able to make sense of yet is why he is going to the Broncos though.

Supposedly Todd Greenberg wanted him gone at the beginning of the year. It was Hasler that fought for him to stay. So if Hasler wanted him to stay, why is Barba going to Brisbane? Is it money? Was it the others players in the club no longer wanting to play alongside him?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is more shit to this story. It's only going to get worse for Ben Barba.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly james or another journo has gone to ainslie and told her about the article before it went to press because she released a statement from her lawyer on saturday and the article was on sunday.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If those texts are legit, and the picture, seems like they are a great match for each other... Both liars..
This is legit. I will PM you Mr. I

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I would not blame her at all. She has done nothing wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuk him! He made his bed so he has to sleep in it.

I just feel sorry for the kids having a fukwit for a "father".

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Clearly james or another journo has gone to ainslie and told her about the article before it went to press because she released a statement from her lawyer on saturday and the article was on sunday.
good point!... Now i understand Ainslie's frustration over the photo when her name wasnt even mentioned when the photo came out first.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what is worst then hitting a woman and then lying about it??

may be hitting her twice.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also this as we have all long suspected:

Ms Currie has resumed a relationship with Barba. Contrary to reports, Ms Currie is not living in Brisbane, but plans to move to Queensland with Barba when he begins his new contract with the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.