Swift response to sex scandal reopens door to Rashays-Bulldogs deal

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
They are all struggling by being take away only.... probably better off being closed
You still need to pay rent. So even if you break even. You have kept your staff which getting the right staff is half the issue, and your business intact. I think that's a win in the current climate.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow. Cant believe some of the shit you guys are posting. Seriously, if he decided to come on board and sponsor us, after what our dickhead explayers did, and with this current economical downturn, it would be fucking massive. Massive!!!! Yet your all acting but hurt because he pulled out his support a few weeks back.
Have a look at how much the entire world has had to change in the past few weeks, and yet you all act as though we can do without a few mil from him?
I don't care who he supports, if he wants to give our club $2 mil, we would be fucking imbeciles to not take it.
I hope your are right that the world changes and start seeing that ethical standards being held higher than dollars, He should have stuck solid with his commitment to the club as they were honest in dealing with the situation. Even though i would have preferred that they respected the players privacy since it was against the clubs code of conduct, not a criminal act and conducted their investigations with the NRL away from the media.
"I don't care who he supports, if he wants to give our club $2 mil"
we should care

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope your are right that the world changes and start seeing that ethical standards being held higher than dollars, He should have stuck solid with his commitment to the club as they were honest in dealing with the situation. Even though i would have preferred that they respected the players privacy since it was against the clubs code of conduct, not a criminal act and conducted their investigations with the NRL away from the media.
we should care
Just so I understand. You're saying that we should care what club our sponsor supports or supported as a kid? That should be part of the due diligence our club does when we look for sponsors?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we should care
I think the media would have found out anyway, which would have made everything far worse!
I disagree that he should have stuck by us. Why? What does he owe us?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the media would have found out anyway, which would have made everything far worse!
I just don't understand how anyone is questioning why they walked away. Strange to me but maybe I'm missing something?

Personally they had no other option really. The central theme to our billed collaboration was 'family', and a few days before it was all to become official 2 players went completely against those values.

Maybe they come back as sponsors? Would be great. Personally couldn't care less who the owner supports. If he gives us 2m then I'm happy for him to support anyone

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They made a commitment then reneged. My opinion is that everyone should be held accountable for their actions.
JO and CHN were wrong not the Club.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just don't understand how anyone is questioning why they walked away. Strange to me but maybe I'm missing something?

Personally they had no other option really. The central theme to our billed collaboration was 'family', and a few days before it was all to become official 2 players went completely against those values.

Maybe they come back as sponsors? Would be great. Personally couldn't care less who the owner supports. If he gives us 2m then I'm happy for him to support anyone
I don’t care who the sponsors support, That’s not the issue with me. Do you think he would appreciate negative press if one of his employees committed a crime not involving his restaurant and then suppliers refused to give him products. Then making statements like it’s a family restaurant and we feel that is not a place we want our products associated with if they behave like that.
Then to return weeks later and say we have to learn to forgive and forget, sorry dude but I’m going to find another supplier because I didn’t like how you held us ransom

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They made a commitment then reneged. My opinion is that everyone should be held accountable for their actions.
Yeah ... but JO and CHN were a part of the club. They were our employees so we were at the end of the day responsible for their actions to some degree also. When saying "everyone should be held accountable for their actions" then unfortunately the club has to be held accountable for their actions also even though I don't think they could've done much different to stop the incidents from occuring.

The thing is, due to our checkered past the agrement we had was probably heavily based on good behaviour from the players and correct 'morale' leadership by the management. Think there is absolutely no doubt that this was one of the many stipulations taking into account our 'troubled' past with Mad Monday(s), Coffs Harbour etc. etc. Had we already had the money / sponsorship I've got no doubt they would've walked and would've been legally entitled to.

I agree that it'd be great that they stuck to us, but I definitely don't think they should've been held accountable to the commitment when there's absolutely no doubt they would've reneged even if the agreement had already gone through. Get what you're saying though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t care who the sponsors support, That’s not the issue with me. Do you think he would appreciate negative press if one of his employees committed a crime not involving his restaurant and then suppliers refused to give him products. Then making statements like it’s a family restaurant and we feel that is not a place we want our products associated with if they behave like that.
Then to return weeks later and say we have to learn to forgive and forget, sorry dude but I’m going to find another supplier because I didn’t like how you held us ransom
OK. You really confused me with the point you made below:

we should care

But then you say you don't care who the sponsors support. You just lost me on that.

As for your other statements. Yeah. Not sure if that's the best comparison, and personally don't see this whole scenario as the club being held to ransom but you're entitled to your opinion.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be different if they actually signed the contract. But you totally miss the point! If the players are not the club, then who is? They represent the club in everything they do.
One tiny little difference to this story, and it turns out completely different. Tiny!! All they had to do was fuck a girl their own age and they would both still be professional sportsman earning hundreds of thousands of dollars doing what they love. The club would still have a major sponsor. And the clubs reputation would not have been questioned.
All these boys had to do was keep it in their pants, or find some woman closer to their age and we wouldn't all be having this conversation. But sure, blame Rashays. Thats very rational of you and everyone else criticising them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be different if they actually signed the contract. But you totally miss the point! If the players are not the club, then who is? They represent the club in everything they do.
One tiny little difference to this story, and it turns out completely different. Tiny!! All they had to do was fuck a girl their own age and they would both still be professional sportsman earning hundreds of thousands of dollars doing what they love. The club would still have a major sponsor. And the clubs reputation would not have been questioned.
All these boys had to do was keep it in their pants, or find some woman closer to their age and we wouldn't all be having this conversation. But sure, blame Rashays. Thats very rational of you and everyone else criticising them.
Agree but I would add, and don't take them back to the team's hotel, where the whole team is staying, to a room paid for by the club.

The age of the participants doesn't matter when it comes to breaking the Players Code of Conduct and the players own agreed standards amongst themselves. A couple of people have told me that the playing group as a whole is extremely pissed off with them, especially that they ignored the players' code and let the rest of the team down so badly. They are going to have to do a huge amount of grovelling and apologising to their fellow teammates for a very long time.

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree but I would add, and don't take them back to the team's hotel, where the whole team is staying, to a room paid for by the club.

The age of the participants doesn't matter when it comes to breaking the Players Code of Conduct and the players own agreed standards amongst themselves. A couple of people have told me that the playing group as a whole is extremely pissed off with them, especially that they ignored the players' code and let the rest of the team down so badly. They are going to have to do a huge amount of grovelling and apologising to their fellow teammates for a very long time.

Go Dogs
Yes. I don't think being a girl the same age would've made a whole lot of a difference personally. Especially when it comes to CHN.

Glad to hear that the playing group are dirty at them. That also demonstrates, to me at least, that the club made exactly the right decision and hopefully sets pretty clear standards for the rest of the players to follow not only now but in the future.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: how good to be back and how good is the snitty and chips from rashays
I prefer the Salmon or Chicken Caesar salad. Incidentally, the salad is named for its creator, Caesar Cardini - an Italian immigrant to the USA; not after Julius.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
OK. You really confused me with the point you made below:

we should care

But then you say you don't care who the sponsors support. You just lost me on that.

As for your other statements. Yeah. Not sure if that's the best comparison, and personally don't see this whole scenario as the club being held to ransom but you're entitled to your opinion.
The other thing here is public interest.
The Bulldogs attract media interest because of the nature of the product/sport.
Rashay's as a restaurant/business do not.
So - two NRL players who bring the Bulldogs/NRL brand/product into disrepute as happened is a very different matter from a restaurant employee who might bring Rashay's into disrepute with a supplier.
Whether anyone likes it or not - there's simply no comparison - in the case of the Bulldogs the media and sections of the public care and it's a scandal. If a similar 'scandal' happened with Rashay's the story even if it came to light would sink faster than a leaky submarine.
It's precisely why the players are educated on what is acceptable and not acceptable - and in this case that information/training was totally disregarded for personal gain and subsequently did a lot of damage - crime or no crime.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

The age of the participants doesn't matter when it comes to breaking the Players Code of Conduct and the players own agreed standards amongst themselves. A couple of people have told me that the playing group as a whole is extremely pissed off with them, especially that they ignored the players' code and let the rest of the team down so badly. They are going to have to do a huge amount of grovelling and apologising to their *fellow teammates for a very long time.

Go Dogs
*former team mates.
They are not suspended, they are de-registered and their employment was subsequently terminated.
It's not an insignificant differentiator.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The leagues club being the sponsor is not creating any new money in the organisation. Its like selling a beer to yourself. They are already "sponsored" by the leagues club as it is.
What we need is a big membership drive from all the supporters to show there true colours and help our club.how can this be organised?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What we need is a big membership drive from all the supporters to show there true colours and help our club.how can this be organised?
You are right, except it's hard to sell memberships when ppl don't know if they will get to attend any games this year yet. And I don't think u can buy them for next year yet either

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. I don't think being a girl the same age would've made a whole lot of a difference personally. Especially when it comes to CHN.

Glad to hear that the playing group are dirty at them. That also demonstrates, to me at least, that the club made exactly the right decision and hopefully sets pretty clear standards for the rest of the players to follow not only now but in the future.
Of course their age matters. If they were 20 years plus they wouldn't be school kids from which our club was on duty doing a meet and greet with.
If the girls were random, of age girls, the boys would likely be a little disappointed, but nothing would have happened from it. Maybe a 1 week demotion, that only the club would know of, but not registration by the NRL.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
*former team mates.
They are not suspended, they are de-registered and their employment was subsequently terminated.
It's not an insignificant differentiator.
Teammates are teammates forever, you train together, you sweat and bleed together, you win and loose together.

Go Dogs