Swift response to sex scandal reopens door to Rashays-Bulldogs deal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course their age matters. If they were 20 years plus they wouldn't be school kids from which our club was on duty doing a meet and greet with.
If the girls were random, of age girls, the boys would likely be a little disappointed, but nothing would have happened from it. Maybe a 1 week demotion, that only the club would know of, but not registration by the NRL.
Agree. However in CHN's case based on info we got he didn't pick her up at school, and she was of legal age. So the charges against him, as far as I'm aware, are purely based on the fact he brought her back to his hotel room. Isn't that correct? And in that case the age doesn't really matter.

Obviously there's A LOT more to the story which we don't know about but I can only speak on what's been presented to us which is obviously very little at this point.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Teammates are teammates forever, you train together, you sweat and bleed together, you win and loose together.

Go Dogs
Not in all cases. I've heard the majority of the playing group were absolutely filthy on them.
irrespective - as it stands today, they are no longer officially teammates.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not in all cases. I've heard the majority of the playing group were absolutely filthy on them.
Pretty sure I posted that earlier;
A couple of people have told me that the playing group as a whole is extremely pissed off with them, especially that they ignored the players' code and let the rest of the team down so badly. They are going to have to do a huge amount of grovelling and apologising to their fellow teammates for a very long time.
irrespective - as it stands today, they are no longer officially teammates.
My opinion, once a teammate always a teammate, it doesn't matter what the officials say.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure I posted that earlier;

My opinion, once a teammate always a teammate, it doesn't matter what the officials say.

Go Dogs
I didn't know you posted that either. I'm going off what I've heard only.
You're entitled to your opinion of course, I'm not suggesting otherwise.
My sense is that at least some bridges have been burned.
I'm also not suggesting they are not entitled to redemption - but it may be an uphill battle.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would be different if they actually signed the contract. But you totally miss the point! If the players are not the club, then who is? They represent the club in everything they do.
One tiny little difference to this story, and it turns out completely different. Tiny!! All they had to do was fuck a girl their own age and they would both still be professional sportsman earning hundreds of thousands of dollars doing what they love. The club would still have a major sponsor. And the clubs reputation would not have been questioned.
All these boys had to do was keep it in their pants, or find some woman closer to their age and we wouldn't all be having this conversation. But sure, blame Rashays. Thats very rational of you and everyone else criticising them.
Age isn't the issue because the breach of the 'code of conduct' was in relation to having any women in their hotel room. It was just amplified due to the school she attended which was the same school the Club was visiting.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Age isn't the issue because the breach of the 'code of conduct' was in relation to having any women in their hotel room. It was just amplified due to the school she attended which was the same school the Club was visiting.
Are you saying they were de-registered purely because they had women in their rooms?

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you saying they were de-registered purely because they had women in their rooms?
Yes because no employer can sack you for not breaking the law without it being unfair dismissal and no one in Australia can make up their own laws. So the only avenue would be a breach of the code of conduct, in this case it was bringing a girl back to the hotel room whilst conducting business activities.

“The behaviour of both players was inexcusable and a very serious breach of the code of conduct,” Greenberg said

A

Alexander the Great

Especially the poly boys but the experts will tell you otherwise on here.
Teammates are teammates forever, you train together, you sweat and bleed together, you win and loose together.

Go Dogs

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes because no employer can sack you for not breaking the law without it being unfair dismissal and no one in Australia can make up their own laws. So the only avenue would be a breach of the code of conduct, in this case it was bringing a girl back to the hotel room whilst conducting business activities.

“The behaviour of both players was inexcusable and a very serious breach of the code of conduct,” Greenberg said
Cheers for that. I just wasnt sure 'exactly' what they were sacked for. I understand Greenberg cant sack them because he might be of the opinion that it is immoral to sleep with school girls and it looks bad morally. Im still not even sure what bringing the game into disrepute means and how that is judged but thats another topic.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. However in CHN's case based on info we got he didn't pick her up at school, and she was of legal age. So the charges against him, as far as I'm aware, are purely based on the fact he brought her back to his hotel room. Isn't that correct? And in that case the age doesn't really matter.

Obviously there's A LOT more to the story which we don't know about but I can only speak on what's been presented to us which is obviously very little at this point.
It is different, but she is still a schoolgirl, and attebds the school the team visited.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats not why they were sacked. The NRL deregistered them, which points to the fact that the girls were so young. The NRL couldn't care less if a player takes someone to their hotel room. Dont get this point confused.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
They cant afford any deal. Are you guys insane or you think this lockdown isn't destroying restaurants?....liquidators will tell you more restaurants go broke than any other business type... we are in the middle of a pandemic that has forced restaurants to either close completely or offer take out generating maybe 10% of their former revenue. Groups with multiple stores are the worse type of business model with more fixed costs...but miraculously this mob still have a spare $2m to splash around? Pull the other one..it plays jingle bells.