Superstar Game Managing 7 - You Decide

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The entire NRL World seems to be insisting that the Bulldogs need a Superstar Game Managing Number 7 to make them a genuine contender.

And although I agree, Superstar Game Managing 7's aren't growing on trees and time is required to grow a young half into this role if you cant buy one.

But the Bulldogs fans don't have anymore time - Everyone has run out of patients.

But from the media's point of view, they don't really care - "They Just Love Writing A Story, Especially it seems to bag the Bulldogs when they can.

Below you will find a list of all the current NRL players that have played positionally somewhere in the halves at least at one stage in the last few years.

You will see that some of these names are not genuine Game Managing 7's or even a genuine 7, but I have put them in their for the point of the exercise to show how hard it is right now for our club to find available exactly what we need.

- All NRL Based Halves Off Contract & Able To Negotiate Now For The 2023 Season (According To Zero Tackle)

Albert Kelly, Billy Walters, Matt Frawley, Sam Williams, Brandon Wakeham, Kieran Foran, Cooper Johns, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Kodi Nikorima, Ashley Taylor, Phoenix Crossland, Sean O'Sullivan, Jaeman Salmon, Anthony Milford, Lachlan Lam, Jock Madden

- All NRL Based Halves Off Contract & Available To Negotiate in November For The 2024 Season (According To Zero Tackle)

Brad Schneider, Jake Averillo, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braydon Trindall, Paul Turner, Daly Cherry-Evans, Lachlan Croker, Cameron Munster, Shaun Johnson, Jake Clifford, Adam Clune, Scott Drinkwater, Jakob Arthur, Dylan Brown, Lachlan Ilias, Blake Taaffe, Cody Walker, Moses Mbye, Adam Keighran, Sam Walker, Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi, Jackson Hastings,

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2023/

So its time to stop your whining and go out there to buy the one player out of all these names that can deliver exactly what it is that our club needs right now to fill that all important missing piece of the puzzle, Our Superstar Game Managing 7.

I'll share my thoughts on who we should consider a little later on.

Good Luck & Buy Well!!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
O'Sullivan or Madden if I had to choose 1 from that list but I think until an experienced quality halfback is on the market it's going to have to come from within (developing a halfback).

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think as soon as we start winning games people will just shut up.
If we win like against the Cowboys a few times people will still whinge and it will be deserved.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good would it be if we could get DCE, make it happen Baz and Gus.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
O'Sullivan or Madden if I had to choose 1 from that list but I think until an experienced quality halfback is on the market it's going to have to come from within (developing a halfback).
Agree need to unearth our own, i think we will find Rajab will be partnering Burton in 2023

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DCE a possibility, isn't he tight with baz still? Baz was probably in his ear when he was in their sheds. the chances are low but not impossible

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a massive need for this year but I think Mahoney will ease the pressure massively in regards to game management. He seems to be in the Ennis and Cam Smith mould directing things from the ruck. JMK provides nothing in this regard and doesn’t give any direction at all.

We aren’t finding a solution to it this year and have to use the cards we are dealt and even next year there aren’t any stand out options but Mahoney and a more experienced Burton can do the job for mine.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be patient, the only way we will ever get a top notch half is by devepoling one.
The one thing I've noticed with Halves is that they all started playing with brothers /friends in the back yard at avery early age probably only 4- 5- 6,
Lets scan all of the countries Junior nuseries, at the age of 13-14 you can start to see if their is any talent, Give them a new pair of boots buy mum some flowere and Dad a slay of his choice. Most of the boots, flowers and beer will be wasted of course, if we are already be doing that we might have to try a little harder.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree need to unearth our own, i think we will find Rajab will be partnering Burton in 2023
why would you say this when he is playing 5/8 in jersey flegg?

it would make Morse sense if you said the halfback would partner Burton next year.