Superstar Game Managing 7 - You Decide

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good would it be if we could get DCE, make it happen Baz and Gus.
Hate that clunt no thanks!!!!
I would spend every match hoping that he got smashed & injured....
He would also want a gazillion $$$$$$$$....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, who is ZDC ?
Zach Dockar-Clay. Actually i don't know if he actually is playing better, just sounds like it off twitter match feeds and match reports. Doesn't seem to be much praise for Cook..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is playing like a nothing right now lol.
Perhaps we give him more than a handful of games with a shit 7&9 along with a team of changes to crucify him..... it is his first season starting in the halves regularly.
You seem more than happy to jump to support Avo... lets give Burto a similar chance..

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 100% footy tonight says the reason the lower teams can't score points is because they lack genuine playmakers.

He then went on to say that there simply isn't enough of them, and that the few that do exist are like gold.

He actually sounded genuinely frustrated which I took as if he was relating it back to the exact situation we currently find ourselves in.

We got a long hard few years in front of us yet......damn it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DCE a possibility, isn't he tight with baz still? Baz was probably in his ear when he was in their sheds. the chances are low but not impossible
Nope he extended with Manly.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of that 2023 list I'd go after Jock Madden. Like the look of him and seems to call for and get plenty of ball even though he has just come into the team.

Not sure how I feel about this suggestion, but on NRL 360 Cooper Cronk said Burton should be our 7 with one of the other halves we already have slotted in at 6. He felt Burton had what it takes to be a good no. 7 whereas no one else in the club did. Guess that means he doesn't rate BBO as a 7 either.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out of that 2023 list I'd go after Jock Madden. Like the look of him and seems to call for and get plenty of ball even though he has just come into the team.

Not sure how I feel about this suggestion, but on NRL 360 Cooper Cronk said Burton should be our 7 with one of the other halves we already have slotted in at 6. He felt Burton had what it takes to be a good no. 7 whereas no one else in the club did. Guess that means he doesn't rate BBO as a 7 either.
I like Madden too. I'd rather him than Brooks for a third of the price. I agree with Cronk about Burton at halfback. Been saying the same since we signed him. If Cronulla and Melbourne can convert Hynes and Hughes into hybrid 5/8ths/Halfbacks then why don't we do the same with Burton?

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll keep saying it, Josh Ralph is my 1st choice Half back, his not in the top 30 but his the one that will suit Burton. He can pass, kick and has a great running game.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep saying it, Josh Ralph is my 1st choice Half back, his not in the top 30 but his the one that will suit Burton. He can pass, kick and has a great running game.
Can we know a little bit more about him???

How old is he now???

Where is he playing now???

What were his previous clubs???

Has he won any individual accolades???

I'd be wrapped if our answer to halfback is in our very own system!!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
HAHAHA

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope he extended with Manly.
Well he was the only one that would have ticked all the boxes of what we needed but never would have left Manly anyway in my opinion.

2 factors against him though - his age & the perception of his character.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he was the only one that would have ticked all the boxes of what we needed but never Manly anyway in my opinion.

2 factors against him though - his age & the perception of his character.
I believe it comes down to a generation/s of small guys being targeted or injured in junior games and not coming through the systems as a result. Focus seems to have been on a game suited to big forwards and power athletes.

Look at how long NSW had to wait for a Nathan Cleary to come through and I'm not aware of any other ones apparently coming through, but others may know.

Maybe the future is now and bigger and less traditional half backs are the junior hope for every club, while many teams will have waiting periods where they will have to settle with experimental/manufactured 7s or dominant and intelligent 9s to manage their teams.

Maybe Cronk is correct after all and Burton is our long term answer to number 7. Alternatively, maybe clubs will only target experienced 7s that are proven even if they're at the back end of their careers. Look at Reynolds and Johnson.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

If Burton becomes the 7 you go straight to Cronulla and try pry Connor Tracey off them to play 6. Has that energy we need imo .

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mentioned in another thread that he's been part of a settled spine for years. The instability around 7 and potentially 1, won't help Mahoney transition to our club. We need to decide who our 7 is going to be and keep them there all year. I am in the minority and still think Flanno is the best 7 at the club and believe he should be given another go before we look to the market
I am also in thr minority and in agreeance. Barrett has only one option left... the same one he should have taken in the preseason

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 100% footy tonight says the reason the lower teams can't score points is because they lack genuine playmakers.

He then went on to say that there simply isn't enough of them, and that the few that do exist are like gold.

He actually sounded genuinely frustrated which I took as if he was relating it back to the exact situation we currently find ourselves in.

We got a long hard few years in front of us yet......damn it.
And to enhance the experience V'Landys in his "great wisdom" introduces a 17th team to dilute the player pool, with plans to add another talent sucking team later on. You gotta luv "Rugba Leeg".