Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Omfg lol this admin

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: let’s face it, the players haven’t progressed under pay. Some players just don’t have it. Some do. Maybe a new coach can make this kids rise

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This guy might be our interim head coach, I’m sure he’ll present better than Pay, Georgallis and Antonelli although that’s setting the bar low

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually he is an ex Wallaby centre and has done a lot of development work with upcoming rugby players. Of course this does not transfer automatically to being good for league players, but the principles are still similar. If league dummy halves and no 7's could pass like a rugby half we would be a lot better off. So many forward passes from dummy halves in league these days.....poor passing skills and also runners over-running the dummy half. Get the ball away quickly from Dummy half and you eliminate a lot of those problems. What he is teaching is actually very smart & useful....perhaps not a great communicator on video, but I know he does better in live situations.....I have worked with him in rep rugby sides and he has a lot to offer......
Would be nice for the dummy half to try and engage the markers before passing. Creates holes and overlaps

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be nice for the dummy half to try and engage the markers before passing. Creates holes and overlaps
That sort of talk would be banned at Belmore, how dare you try and alter our modern and effective attacking structures

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when we brought him on board they were sucking him off in the media about how he’s teaching us how to pass again which would revamp our attack He was a schoolboy rugby “guru” no one ever heard of how embarrassing

Malla

Reaction score
Actually he is an ex Wallaby centre and has done a lot of development work with upcoming rugby players. Of course this does not transfer automatically to being good for league players, but the principles are still similar. If league dummy halves and no 7's could pass like a rugby half we would be a lot better off. So many forward passes from dummy halves in league these days.....poor passing skills and also runners over-running the dummy half. Get the ball away quickly from Dummy half and you eliminate a lot of those problems. What he is teaching is actually very smart & useful....perhaps not a great communicator on video, but I know he does better in live situations.....I have worked with him in rep rugby sides and he has a lot to offer......
Ex wallaby centre and?
Name me some up coming rugby league players he has coached and helped develop.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked clumsy and certainly signals which way the ball is going from the ruck. No chance the hooker could make a dash the other way, and catch the opposition unawares.

I made the mistake of looking at the match review, which focused on some nice things we did, then gave the stats- which said they all favoured the Dogs in the game. So, where was the part of the review which identified our weaknesses, and explained why we lost?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That might explain why we release the ball when tackled.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is our skills coach. He is getting paid a full quid to do his job.

Please do yourself a favor and go have a look at the Bulldogs facebook page where he has posted videos of some of the skills work he's been doing with our team.

It's one thing to be doing this shit, which is absolutely embarrassing, but its another to record is and post it on social media for the whole world to piss themselves laughing at it.
Oh I thought he was our Club Doctor

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when we brought him on board they were sucking him off in the media about how he’s teaching us how to pass again which would revamp our attack He was a schoolboy rugby “guru” no one ever heard of how embarrassing
Rugby.. say no more . Could have a game of 27-15 and it’s All kicks no tries . ***** have no ball control and any nrl player walks into the wallabies

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the Hooker one, and then watched about 20mins of various replays from the weekend and not one of the hookers does anything remotely like this. Then I got thinking, most of the Rugby scrum-halves comparatively have a lot more time to set themselves after the breakdown/ruck so can make sure they have a good foundation of their legs/core.

Whereas in League it is a quick, time after time action which needs to be all muscle memory and very efficient. I wonder if our 9 is so busy trying mentally to over analyse what they are doing/standing etc their natural game is getting swamped? (or they are just shit...)

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably spending 200-300k for that...Just watch JT, Andrew Johns and Cameron Smith highlights on loop, it’s free and does the job

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the Hooker one, and then watched about 20mins of various replays from the weekend and not one of the hookers does anything remotely like this. Then I got thinking, most of the Rugby scrum-halves comparatively have a lot more time to set themselves after the breakdown/ruck so can make sure they have a good foundation of their legs/core.

Whereas in League it is a quick, time after time action which needs to be all muscle memory and very efficient. I wonder if our 9 is so busy trying mentally to over analyse what they are doing/standing etc their natural game is getting swamped? (or they are just shit...)
If our dumb as fuck players could pass as well as Sydney 1st grade rugby players that would be a massive step forward, in particular passing off the ground.
While we are at it get Michael Lynagh on zoom to help our dumb as fuck halfbacks with their kicking.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rugby.. say no more . Could have a game of 27-15 and it’s All kicks no tries . c*** have no ball control and any nrl player walks into the wallabies
Don't even pretend like league at the highest level has anything like the crisp passing of Union to the chest at speed with direct runners but this bloke we have coaching seems to be the dud of Union which is what we are used to.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even pretend like league at the highest level has anything like the crisp passing of Union to the chest at speed with direct runners but this bloke we have coaching seems to be the dud of Union which is what we are used to.
In Australia rugby is below par to league .
If he was an all blacks coach he’d be good. Union ***** r shit

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the drills he does are actually very good, as a junior rep coach these skills are taught from junior right through to first grade. All teams are doing this. all the basics are still taught at NRL level.
Reed Mahoney is a classic example on his delivery from dummy half.