Steve James

Malla

Reaction score
the drills he does are actually very good, as a junior rep coach these skills are taught from junior right through to first grade. All teams are doing this. all the basics are still taught at NRL level.
Reed Mahoney is a classic example on his delivery from dummy half.
'Bulldogsteve' lol Joined 2 weeks ago

Is that you Steve James? Please confirm you were in the car with Pay when he left Belmore this morning

Malla

Reaction score
Don't even pretend like league at the highest level has anything like the crisp passing of Union to the chest at speed with direct runners but this bloke we have coaching seems to be the dud of Union which is what we are used to.
What is the value of crisp passing when you have blokes like Tolman standing on his heels flat footed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched the Hooker one, and then watched about 20mins of various replays from the weekend and not one of the hookers does anything remotely like this. Then I got thinking, most of the Rugby scrum-halves comparatively have a lot more time to set themselves after the breakdown/ruck so can make sure they have a good foundation of their legs/core.

Whereas in League it is a quick, time after time action which needs to be all muscle memory and very efficient. I wonder if our 9 is so busy trying mentally to over analyse what they are doing/standing etc their natural game is getting swamped? (or they are just shit...)
I think we all know the answer to that.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ALL "coaching" staff need to be fucked off ASAP.
Agree mate.. there needs to be more held accountable for our performances. But if we sign a strong coach they will want to bring their staff anyway they won’t entertain some of these guys in there we currently have.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if Barrett keeps him on board, does it then mean hes not shit and its the players? Weve got no real evidence that what he teaches is bullshit, we do have evidence that our players/previous coach was shit.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So if Barrett keeps him on board, does it then mean hes not shit and its the players? Weve got no real evidence that what he teaches is bullshit, we do have evidence that our players/previous coach was shit.
Not sure bro those skills videos somebody posted where quite compelling..

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure bro those skills videos somebody posted where quite compelling..
Fair point, pretty sad presentation from a "powerhouse" club tho. social media team couldve made it look a bit more professional.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a total waste of our money,judging by his communication skills,any one of us on the kennel could have applied for the job,wouldn’t that money be better spent on a development officer

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the skills he is teaching are relevant and they are very good. It is obvious we need to learn more them like a simple catch pass @Montoya

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck this absolute flog and the horse he rode in on.
He just looks like a dumb dinosaur c***. One of your dads pissed mates who rocks up and asks how schools going even though youre in your 20s now
Absolute flog videos too. Here Sione throw this ball against the wall itll make u good hooker number 1!
Wish we could get a skills coach who would actually teach our halves how to execute, our forwards how to hit holes etc - COOPER CRONK

Malla

Reaction score
It was a newly created role they put him in. Head of skills I think his job title is.
Personally I think it’s a waste of money. You’d rather spend that money on more halves coaching, a defensive coach, an attacking coach etc.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps we can pay him each time our team develops some noteworthy skills. Surely that will not break the petty cash tin.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
the skills he is teaching are relevant and they are very good. It is obvious we need to learn more them like a simple catch pass @Montoya
Cant see barrett keeping him
Made me laugh when I first seen this appointment at the beginning of the season
I knew this would b a target of the kennel
Esp hes a union boy

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow! The people having a go at how this guy looks should post photos of themselves on here. That would be entertaining!