Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Condolences to his family..

Very sad news.. he was a champion on & off the field. .

A true Bulldogs champion as player & coach..

Il remember him on field as always punching above his weight as player and gave 110%.. as a coach 2004 GF is his legacy

Gutted by this news

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Gutted to hear this news RIP Folkesy you are bulldogs through and through.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a post on here about how good of a player he was
He was a great player..hit as hard as Cement..and had an excellent step.. For a guy his size he had a imposing physical presence..a guy to avoid when he was defending..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Steve Folkes was an absolute legend of a person and a friend of our family, this news is tragic!
I can tell you that he was very pleased with the recent changes at the club and was going to have input this year.
Will be greatly missed.

This is the saddest part of heart attacks, the fittest person can drop from them and the so called unfit person doesnt have one.
I had a heart attack nearly 7 years ago playing soccer and luckily for me i survived.
Everyone should go have stress tests, we are all candidates these days.
I had my questions over the new board, but this was one of the first things that came to my mind when i heard the news this afternoon... how chuffed he would have been that his club was going back into his families hands. Whilst its sad he's passed, at least he was happy with were his beloved Bulldogs were heading

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was a massive part of this club and steered it through some of its darkest hours. A absolute legend who has been involved directly in all premierships since 1980. RIP Steve.
Well said mate. A true club legend. Vale Folksy

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folkes was a stalwart player, International and state rep. He steered us through the darkest days for the club, and held the team together - giving rise to the lable, Fortress Belmore. Even when the NRL wouldn't stand by the club, he held us together, and delivered a grand final win to stick it to the NRL and media.

Sadly, fans were calling for his sacking a few years later, and he left his only club.

Vale, Folksey. A champion and legend of the Dogs.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP Folkesy. Can’t believe it. What a sad sad day. Was a bulldogs legend. Condolences to his family and in particular his kids. Tough time to lose him on the eve of there mums anniversary.

Would like to see the club somehow pay tribute to Folkesy on the jersey this year. Maybe some embroidery above the logo, he was one of the greats. Typified the bulldog spirit. He will be missed!

Vale Steve Folkes

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rip legend hard as nails total opposite to the millennial pussies of today

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On Club's FB page:

Every single Bulldogs supporter should be forever thankful for what this great man did for our beloved team over many, many years.

This devastating news has come as a great shock as Folkesy was well known as one of the fittest people in rugby league.

I have only met a few Bulldogs players over the years & Folkesy was one of them albeit very briefly. I have only ever heard one person speak ill of him & he is on my "list".

By now, he will have been greeted by Bullfrog & Ted Glossop to name but two on the other side - 2 other club legends & wife Karen

My thoughts go out to his family, children Hayley & Daniel (that I know of)

The attachment is from a magazine produced when he retired for the first time in 1989.Folkeslore Magazine.jpg

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player great man Rip legend and thankyou for everything

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RIP Folksey. Had the pleasure of watching you win the premiership as a player and coach .
You were a part of real Bulldogs DNA that made our club successful and you won’t be forgotten .
59 is too young.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked.. RIP and God bless you Sir.. thank you for helping bring joy to each and every one of us

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
R.i.p. folkesy.
What a legacy he leaves behind in our happy memories of him coaching and as a player.
Lovely bloke, absolutely gutted.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Livestreaming gameplay of me playing as the dogs against roosters on rugby league live 4 using 2018 as tribute to him. If anyone is interested here is the link

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no words except this is fucked.
God bless Steve Folkes.

buldogs1956

Waterboy
Reaction score
Folksie gone. Can't believe it. I've shed a few tears tonight for this champion. I'm inspired by the response from the kennel tonight the overwhelming response for this champion of our club he had his immediate family and his extended family the kennel and all dogs supporters. He will be missed but never forgotten. Hope they have Foxtel in heaven Steve so you don't have to watch the ads with bullfrog and uncle ted! Go chest go the doggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.