Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats the difference between 1 or 4 pages? The point being made is dumb. Everyone here talks shit about the DT because of the way they treat(ed) our club yet we cry foul because we didn't get a 4 page tribute?
Once again, you missed the point. Don't worry about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Updated first post with funeral service details for those wanting to pay respects.

upload_2018-3-1_17-50-40.png

Please be seated by 2:45PM
No Parking available onsite.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope thousands turn up
He deserves a very special send off
Agree. Hope there is a big turn out.
I'm in Melbourne so can't get there.
I shook his hand after the 1985 grand final.
Fantastic player and by all accounts a good guy and great family man.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
H Matts, SG Ball and Tarsha Gale Cup teams held a minutes silence for Folkesy this morning.

FCFD1342-0189-4D42-BB1D-11BB6544D983.png

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When is the bronze statue going up?
Anything less is disrespectful from the club

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DAY GROWN MEN CRIED

GROWN men do cry, even those as tough as old Bulldogs legend Steve Folkes. Former NRL boss David Gallop remembers the day he stripped Canterbury of 37 competition points over the 2003 salary cap scandal and, in doing so, reduced Folkes to tears.

“I’ll never forget … it was just Folkesy and me in my office with a huge media pack outside,” Gallop recalled. “Both of us just sat there crying. It showed how much the club meant to him.”

Folkes’ funeral will be held at Belmore Sportsground tomorrow from 3pm. All fans are welcome

Fuck you Gallop. Hooe he haunts you.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DAY GROWN MEN CRIED

GROWN men do cry, even those as tough as old Bulldogs legend Steve Folkes. Former NRL boss David Gallop remembers the day he stripped Canterbury of 37 competition points over the 2003 salary cap scandal and, in doing so, reduced Folkes to tears.

“I’ll never forget … it was just Folkesy and me in my office with a huge media pack outside,” Gallop recalled. “Both of us just sat there crying. It showed how much the club meant to him.”

Folkes’ funeral will be held at Belmore Sportsground tomorrow from 3pm. All fans are welcome

I believe Folkesy would have. Not Gallop.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 Grand Finals as a player, trainer and coach for 6 total wins... hard to imagine the 'Dogs without Folkes hovering around in some capacity or another

Rest in Peace

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAY GROWN MEN CRIED

Gallop would only have been crying if Folkes smacked him around a bit first

Status
Not open for further replies.