Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s too late to take chances on unproven coaches, Baz had massive wraps on him too when he was at penrith. No more fucking around and sign a proven fucking coach for fucks sake!
Exactly we need to make big moves… enough is enough, this club needs results we’ve been disgraceful for 6 years now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree and I think Morris got the rough end of the pineapple at Cronulla.
For sure. He did a good job with a so-so roster and a tonne of injuries.. A lot of how good Cronulla look in attack was there last year when Morris was coach. Fitzgibbon has done a good job of making them more physical and better defensively.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh we should’ve got Holbrook.. what’s your point
My point?
The Titans are not going that well.
They snuck into an elimination final last year but without having to travel and most games in Queensland it’s hardly a measure of success.
This year they are 2/4.
Not exactly setting the world on fire.
What’s Holbrook going to do to turn the Dogs around? Be specific.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My point?
The Titans are not going that well.
They snuck into an elimination final last year but without having to travel and most games in Queensland it’s hardly a measure of success.
This year they are 2/4.
Not exactly setting the world on fire.
What’s Holbrook going to do to turn the Dogs around? Be specific.
Still better than Barrett

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s funny cause everyone screws the nose up at Flanagan I like him as a coach bring him in and disapline this team cause we ain’t ever getting a bellemy robbo or Bennett Flanagan is the best option and might get the best out of kyle barrett is useless and his assistant ain’t much better it’s time we pulled the trigger and get him before Madge goes and he goes there no more of these assistants coaches cause we have been down that path with pay and barrett and it ain’t worked

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
People keep mentioning drugs… why didn’t they take the premiership of Cronulla??
Because it was before they won it.
But when Flanagan was in charge.
Their cap was questionable when they won though.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because it was before they won it.
But when Flanagan was in charge.
Their cap was questionable when they won though.
They weren’t out of breath in that Grand final.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we sign Flanagan now it doesn't matter what we've done over the last few years regarding coaches. Coaching wise we should of kept Pay (who's a better coach than Barrett) and signed Flanagan for 22 but then we wouldn't of been able to recruit as well (Barrett more attractive due to his looks?).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why did they suspend him twice with the last suspension lasting two years?
The second suspension was because he broke the first suspension condition of not contacting the club or the players. Shows his credibility and he never learned his lesson. I don’t want him anywhere near Belmore.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who’s he in charge of? What’s his first grade record as head coach?
He doesn’t have one but doesn’t have the baggage of Shane either. Everyone has their preferences on what they want from a new coach.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand the temptation of Flanagan. He does come articulate and knows his stuff during commentary.

What I don’t understand is we gave Barrett a war chest in the most important years of our club’s history. We needed someone experienced to steady the ship imo.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Flanagan now it doesn't matter what we've done over the last few years regarding coaches. Coaching wise we should of kept Pay (who's a better coach than Barrett) and signed Flanagan for 22 but then we wouldn't of been able to recruit as well (Barrett more attractive due to his looks?).
I think Gus has ten times the appeal as Barrett.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a coach who doesn't want to be best friends. Someone the players are scared of, and worry whether they'll be retained if they don't lift their game. A coach who tears the paint off the walls at half time, and puts them through extra harder training every time they lose.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who’s he in charge of? What’s his first grade record as head coach?
Assistant at Penrith.
Was head coach when Hook was punted before Cleary came back. Well respected and good coach.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The second suspension was because he broke the first suspension condition of not contacting the club or the players. Shows his credibility and he never learned his lesson. I don’t want him anywhere near Belmore.
I know.. Somehow people forget or still don't realise this. It also shows the level of stupidity, arrogance and ego that Flanagan has which would be Des 2.0..