Rumour Something is brewing

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What an absolute cock tease of a thread. I would generally say thanks for passing on what you've heard but you didn't actually say anything!

It's like that James Brown song.. Talkin' loud and sayin' nothin'..

Of course things are brewing. We have 15 players off contract and a tonne of money to spend... Thanks for that Scoop! Either give some hints about positions/certain players we're targeting or don't post anything...
Statements like those of Kat remind me of certain politicians who make announcements with nothing to back them up.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And it isn't my coffee...

No intention to piss anyone off with no extra info...But many things happening in the background especially today. Barrett isn't sitting there twiddling his thumbs.

Look at my track record i've said it before. Foran called 6 months early, Deitz to play firstgrade I called it well before with the news.

If and when I can, will add more.
i tend to believe this bloke for a few reasons
Hes got like 30 odd posts and all his contract movement mail has come through
had foran going back to manly, pay gone, and dietz in the 17 before anyone
Bradyk challenged him and lost and looked like a complete fool as usual

so for these reasons im thinking something is brewing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i tend to believe this bloke for a few reasons
Hes got like 30 odd posts and all his contract movement mail has come through
had foran going back to manly, pay gone, and dietz in the 17 before anyone
Bradyk challenged him and lost and looked like a complete fool as usual

so for these reasons im thinking something is brewing
Yeah but what? I don't doubt his accuracy but we all know we're in negotiations. That's what happens when you have 15 players off contract.. If he provided specifics with his mail like in the past then that would be far more helpful than being so vague.

And if talks are so top secret that he doesn't want to give too much away, then I respect that but either way this does nothing to help us in the meantime..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but what? I don't doubt his accuracy but we all know we're in negotiations. That's what happens when you have 15 players off contract.. If he provided specifics with his mail like in the past then that would be far more helpful than being so vague.

And if talks are so top secret that he doesn't want to give too much away, then I respect that but either way this does nothing to help us in the meantime..
I get what you mean
lets see what D-Voice can add lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can already visualise a few journo’s who troll our threads (especially the rumour thread) daily frothing at the mouth at the thought of inside info on upcoming player signings..

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I appreciate it tho. He's essentially saying watch here, I'll let you know soon. I know there's always something brewing but to hear from a "credible" source does make it seem more real, which is what we need around here. Its a shit hole atm.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I appreciate it tho. He's essentially saying watch here, I'll let you know soon. I know there's always something brew but to hear from a "credible" source is make it seem more real, which is what we need around here. Its a shit hole atm.
That's fair enough. I just hope it's something big brewing like Clark or a strike forward and not a few more mediocre squad filling signings that fail to impress like Waddell, Hetherington etc.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Barrett is close to doing a deal with an ex roosters prop
Bloody Hell I thought I was having a good day and you decided to stuff it completely. don't you know who the last prop we got from the rotters was.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ex Rooster prop playing in ESL now?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just my suggestion. (Ex Panther as well)

Zane Tetevano who is with Leeds atm.
I’ll never stand for violence against women but he’s done his time. That’s if it is Zane.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Hetherington has been our best forward so far.
That's not saying much! I'd say Jackson and Elliott have and Thompson's one game was better than any game any of them have had. Hetho had a very good game against Souths but he's been pretty erratic and missed plenty of tackles/given away six agains in the other games while not making much of an impact with the ball.

I think he's a bench prop at best and him playing huge minutes exposes his weaknesses and leads to more brain snaps etc. Hopefully we recruit another starting prop to go with Thompson and Hetherington can be off the bench next season.