Sign of ado carr early release?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of points on the JAC situation:

1. Would the Tigers really want to enforce the HOA now? Why would they give a crap about JAC if he's already signed with us? I asked a few of my Tigers mates and as far as they're concerned, JAC is dead to them. They have moved on and couldn't give a stuff about him anymore. Why would the Tigers as club care anymore? If anything the Tigers may want to let him play with us because it would make the Storm weaker.

2. Does JAC even want to come to us next year? If the Storm have upgraded his deal and he's getting paid around the same cash he'd be getting at the Dogs, would he really want to leave the Storm, where he has a real chance to win another comp, to come to us and battle for a top 8 spot? I don't see the appeal in that from his perspective

In 22 I'm expecting a top 4 finish but not next year. If I was JAC, I'd wait until 22 for the cavalry to arrive (Burton, gun hooker, etc) and for the plodders to piss off (Lewis, Napa and co).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Would the Tigers really want to enforce the HOA now? Why would they give a crap about JAC if he's already signed with us? I asked a few of my Tigers mates and as far as they're concerned, JAC is dead to them. They have moved on and couldn't give a stuff about him anymore. Why would the Tigers as club care anymore? If anything the Tigers may want to let him play with us because it would make the Storm weaker.

2. Does JAC even want to come to us next year? If the Storm have upgraded his deal and he's getting paid around the same cash he'd be getting at the Dogs, would he really want to leave the Storm, where he has a real chance to win another comp, to come to us and battle for a top 8 spot? I don't see the appeal in that from his perspective

In 22 I'm expecting a top 4 finish but not next year. If I was JAC, I'd wait until 22 for the cavalry to arrive (Burton, gun hooker, etc) and for the plodders to piss off (Lewis, Napa and co).
I think with the second point mate he would want to be in Sydney to be close to family. Agree storm is still a chance to win another comp but he wants to be around family and friends. So maybe he does want to be here. Just my 2 cents

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This unfortunately makes a lot of sense, I hope despite this somehow we get him her in '21...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tigers may have a thinking along the lines of, Storm will be top 4 whether or not JAC is in Melbourne next season. At the moment we won’t be in the 8 next season, however the tigers will be battling for that 7-8 spot. If JAC comes to us next year we will be thrown into the mix of also battling for the 7-8 spot.

I doubt they would want to help a bottom level club get stronger and potentially knock them out of finals again (they will do it themselves again). Just a theory.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely we didnt give up Reimis without a proper back up.
Fingers crossed we have the fastest man on the planet next year!!!
The replacement for Reimis Smith is a junior. We can Just bring In schoup. There’s the replacement..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The replacement for Reimis Smith is a junior. We can Just bring In schoup. There’s the replacement..
The Storm agreeing in principle to release JAC in 21 is the only way the Reimis release makes sense to me.

On Schoupp, isn't the kid a centre? Has he ever played on the wing?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Storm agreeing in principle to release JAC in 21 is the only way the Reimis release makes sense to me.

On Schoupp, isn't the kid a centre? Has he ever played on the wing?
He is a centre yea... reimis smith thinks he’s a centre. We upgrade schoup into the 30 and we get a 100-300k cap space by releasing Reimis. That’s way better than having him on the books doing fuck all and looking like a dopey **** every week. Schoup probably eclipses Reimis already anyway

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The Tigers need to worry more about us than the Storm.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has Cam Smith officially retired/leaving Storm?

That could possibly influence JAC for 2021.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So what’s stopping us from getting him next year
I think a heads of agreement, while not a contract, stops the player signing with anyone else while in place. But its void if already contracted elsewhere and they don't release him. Tigers dropped the agreement but will kick up a stink coz they only dropped it due to storm not releasing him for 2021

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a player (The fox) signs for another team and still has one year to go with his former club.. just like at any job etc , as soon as you give notice (or don’t) as soon as your ready to move on your interest is lost, so for all parties involved. He is best to come early as storm will no longer get the best of him as his mind is elsewhere.!!

So YES, an early release makes sense.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a player (The fox) signs for another team and still has one year to go with his former club.. just like at any job etc , as soon as you give notice (or don’t) as soon as your ready to move on your interest is lost, so for all parties involved. He is best to come early as storm will no longer get the best of him as his mind is elsewhere.!!

So YES, an early release makes sense.
He wanted to come home before last season, didnt effect his footy at all. Nice try but the fox is a pro.
Im sure both clubs already know where he will be next year.
We just have to wait a little longer.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how did Hasler successfully sue us if his heads of agreement isn’t legally binding then? I think you better re think your statement.
He didn’t win because of a legally binding heads of agreement.

He won because of damage to reputation and loss of income
Two entirely different legal arguments.
Linked but different.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn’t win because of a legally binding heads of agreement.
He won because of damage to reputation and loss of income
Two entirely different legal arguments.
Linked but different.
The reason Hasler had a los of income was because we didn't honour the heads of agreement to extend his contract.

Go Dogs