Sign of ado carr early release?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In regards to the Tigers.
I am very confident that heads of agreement are not enforceable contracts.
The lay out the terms and conditions in negotiations.

I remember Ray Dib sacking Hasler after they had a heads of agreement.
They are not legally binding - I don’t believe
We had to pay Des out, but we didn't have to keep him as a coach. Since there are 2-3 clubs involved it's a little more difficult I'd imagine.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

So what’s stopping us from getting him next year

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

If that’s the case why did Hasler sue the club and likely would’ve won had we not settled? Remember that Dib also said sacking Hasler ‘wouldn’t cost the club a cent’. There’s at least a couple of hundred thousand reasons to say that statement was wrong.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought the heads of agreement was an intention to move forward with a meeting about a potential deal? Didn't that meeting not happen or JAC and his manager not turn up or something?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what’s stopping us from getting him next year
1. Storm don’t have to release him. He is under contract ;
2. They upgraded his contract from $375k to $450k for next year to convince him to drop the compassionate grounds for release shit that all players use when they want extra coin ;
3. He is the best winger in the world and the storm are in a premiership window ;
4. They are pretty much the best ran club in the NRL and don’t get bent over and fucked like a lot of other clubs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Storm don’t have to release him. He is under contract ;
2. They upgraded his contract from $375k to $450k for next year to convince him to drop the compassionate grounds for release shit that all players use when they want extra coin ;
3. He is the best winger in the world and the storm are in a premiership window ;
4. They are pretty much the best ran club in the NRL and don’t get bent over and fucked like a lot of other clubs
Storm have been In a premiership window since 2007

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s the case why did Hasler sue the club and likely would’ve won had we not settled? Remember that Dib also said sacking Hasler ‘wouldn’t cost the club a cent’. There’s at least a couple of hundred thousand reasons to say that statement was wrong.
Yes but I don’t think the entire club could sue an individual who signed a heads of agreement under a different manager.

Des Hasler sued the dogs for loss of income.
It’s a different matter entirely

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine storm players raced back to Melbourne before the boarders close accept for ado carr , use think its a sign his having an early release?
Yep, Harry Grant situation again, rather than signed with us for 2021, will be a loan instead for 2021.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but I don’t think the entire club could sue an individual who signed a heads of agreement under a different manager.

Des Hasler sued the dogs for loss of income.
It’s a different matter entirely
In the Tigers case I don’t think it would be for a financial outcome, more blocking the player playing for anyone else other than the Storm in 2021. Who knows though, now that they’re out of the race entirely blocking a 2021 transfer would seem petty. Hagipantelis publicly stated before JAC signed with the Dogs that they ‘were out’.

Loss of income? Wasn’t it that the Despot argued the HoA was legally binding whilst a final contract was negotiated? In that sense, the Tigers might’ve originally been taking a similar stance, but now...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is completely opinion, but I'm convinced we've secretly worked with the Storm on getting JAC early. Remis Smith was part of the trade the whole time and it's been kept secret so the Tigers don't cause a fuss.
I agree. I cant see any other reason why we would allow a starting backline player leave when we had already let Holland and Montoya go. It wouldn't have been a smart move unless we knew we had something else in the works.
Also, remember Baz saying "its complicated" in reference to our interest in him a while back?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. I cant see any other reason why we would allow a starting backline player leave when we had already let Holland and Montoya go. It wouldn't have been a smart move unless we knew we had something else in the works.
Also, remember Baz saying "its complicated" in reference to our interest in him a while back?
Well, while every other Storm player has
returned to Melbourne. JAC is still in Sydney LOL .. make of it what you will.

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
He can’t play for us next year. He signed the heads of agreement with tigers.
I find it hard to believe that the Tigers even care about this Heads of Agreement anymore. I assume it was only put in place to try and secure him long term which clearly isn’t happening anymore.

JAC should be the least of their worries going into 2021.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the Tigers even care about this Heads of Agreement anymore. I assume it was only put in place to try and secure him long term which clearly isn’t happening anymore.

JAC should be the least of their worries going into 2021.
I agree the HOA is totally irrelevant now he has signed long term with us. It would just be a discussion between the Dogs and Storm trying to come to an agreement.