Sign of ado carr early release?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's been my opinion since the news was official that the Storm and Dogs are just dragging it out so the Tigers move on and care less about 2021. That is the only way Smith being released makes sense to me. The whole like for like crap is just too much of a coincidence.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yea he's definitely going to be here when we return to training, totally not staying in Sydney to spend Christmas with his family.
Thats just silly. Only ten members allowed now at a gathering. What better excuse to avoid Christmas with the extended....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well, while every other Storm player has
returned to Melbourne. JAC is still in Sydney LOL .. make of it what you will.
I find it hard to believe that he is not due back to training until the end of next month as stated in the article. Maybe it was a misprint. But no player would be coming back to training at the end of jan ffs. So yeah, I think he will be coming to bulldogs training at the beginning of Jan instead.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that he is not due back to training until the end of next month as stated in the article. Maybe it was a misprint. But no player would be coming back to training at the end of jan ffs. So yeah, I think he will be coming to bulldogs training at the beginning of Jan instead.
They need to be legally given 8 weeks off a year as per their collective bargaining agreement so the end of Jan would be pretty close to 8 weeks from the last Origin game.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep end of next month seems a bit dodgy. Only leaving a month of training, they’d have the club challenge too.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably because all of his family are in Sydney and isnt that what you do at Christmas..
No not really, all the Storm and Raiders players have been recalled, every player from those two sides who was in NSW has returned today.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They need to be legally given 8 weeks off a year as per their collective bargaining agreement so the end of Jan would be pretty close to 8 weeks from the last Origin game.
Didn't they get 8 weeks or something like that between rd2 and 3?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can’t play for us next year. He signed the heads of agreement with tigers.
Heads of agreement is usually non binding he will have a family matter and be released on compassionate grounds tigers won’t want him for 1 year

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s the case why did Hasler sue the club and likely would’ve won had we not settled? Remember that Dib also said sacking Hasler ‘wouldn’t cost the club a cent’. There’s at least a couple of hundred thousand reasons to say that statement was wrong.
Hasler signed

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In regards to the Tigers.
I am very confident that heads of agreement are not enforceable contracts.
The lay out the terms and conditions in negotiations.

I remember Ray Dib sacking Hasler after they had a heads of agreement.
They are not legally binding - I don’t believe
So how did Hasler successfully sue us if his heads of agreement isn’t legally binding then? I think you better re think your statement.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Storm don’t have to release him. He is under contract ;
2. They upgraded his contract from $375k to $450k for next year to convince him to drop the compassionate grounds for release shit that all players use when they want extra coin ;
3. He is the best winger in the world and the storm are in a premiership window ;
4. They are pretty much the best ran club in the NRL and don’t get bent over and fucked like a lot of other clubs
They also seem to have a bottomless salary cap like the Roosters too!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that’s the case why did Hasler sue the club and likely would’ve won had we not settled? Remember that Dib also said sacking Hasler ‘wouldn’t cost the club a cent’. There’s at least a couple of hundred thousand reasons to say that statement was wrong.
We are not back to this nonsense are we DD :grinning:
We all know Dib had an insurance policy covering the potential departure of Hasler
The Andersons and Dunn exposed it and made it null in order to discredit Dib during the election, to further do so they abruptly settled out of court in an attempt to glorify their image but they didn't stop there, for three years they were too busy pointing the finger of blame instead of doing the job right, until they met their fate.

Last edited: