Sign of ado carr early release?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We are not back to this nonsense are we DD :grinning:
We all know Dib had an insurance policy covering the potential departure of Hasler
The Andersons and Dunn exposed it and made it null in order to discredit Dib during the election, to further do so they abruptly settled out of court in an attempt to glorify their image but they didn't stop there, for three years they were too busy pointing the finger of blame instead of doing the job right' until they met their fate.
That’s not the comparison I was making.
The question was about the validity of a HoA and a comparison between Des/Bulldogs and JAC/Tigers and subsequent enforceability. Who knows if the Tigers had insurance on JAC HoA too?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If jac was to come next year I would want burton to be here so we can have a strong halves pairing feeding him good ball

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to the Tigers.
I am very confident that heads of agreement are not enforceable contracts.
The lay out the terms and conditions in negotiations.

I remember Ray Dib sacking Hasler after they had a heads of agreement.
They are not legally binding - I don’t believe
a legal contract is simply a binding promise between two or more parties... it simply needs to have an offer and acceptance, consideration, and an intention to enter into legal relations... therefore, I would think a heads of agreement is potentially enforceable

but I doubt the Tigers would look to enforce any such agreement now that the club has been so publicly spurned by Addo-Carr who signed with us

would be great for JAC to be released early to us for the 2021 season

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
west tigers pulled his offer off the table I could be wrong but wouldn't that mean he is free of his heads of agreement that would be signedScreenshot_20201221_235628_com.android.chrome.jpg

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s not the comparison I was making.
The question was about the validity of a HoA and a comparison between Des/Bulldogs and JAC/Tigers and subsequent enforceability. Who knows if the Tigers had insurance on JAC HoA too?
All good mate I was the first to say if Dib does not have an exit clause in that contract " he should go ",
Back on the subject HoA must be an ironclad contract otherwise we wouldn't be talking about it now.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck the Tigers, just come out and say he's managed an early release on compassionate grounds for family and if the Tigers are interested in enforcing their HOA we'll see them in court. Would look like the pettiest ***** going and a bad look all round, they have much larger issues then entering a court battle over a player for 12 months.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All good mate I was the first to say if Dib does not have an exit clause in that contract " he should go ",
Back on the subject HoA must be an ironclad contract otherwise we wouldn't be talking about it now.
I agree that generally HoA’s are considered valid and enforceable, but there’s always grey areas, so depends on the appetite and cost to argue.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
west tigers pulled his offer off the table I could be wrong but wouldn't that mean he is free of his heads of agreement that would be signed
As I recall the HoA covered a 3 year deal from 2021, made redundant when JAC wasn’t released by the Storm, in part because of no suitable player to go to Melbourne from Concord. I don’t think the Tigers ‘pulled’ an offer as such but more stated they wouldn’t be pursuing a new offer for 2022.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I recall the HoA covered a 3 year deal from 2021, made redundant when JAC wasn’t released by the Storm, in part because of no suitable player to go to Melbourne from Concord. I don’t think the Tigers ‘pulled’ an offer as such but more stated they wouldn’t be pursuing a new offer for 2022.
I believe the loophole will be created by the Tigpies, as soon as their roster is full and their salary will not have the space for JAC.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I believe the loophole will be created by the Tigpies, as soon as their roster is full and their salary will not have the space for JAC.
Made that little bit harder by releasing Grub and his hefty pay packet? :-).

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I cant see any other reason why we would allow a starting backline player leave when we had already let Holland and Montoya go. It wouldn't have been a smart move unless we knew we had something else in the works.
Also, remember Baz saying "its complicated" in reference to our interest in him a while back?
It was definitely a smart idea letting Montoya go. He consistently did dumb shit every single game without fail.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. I cant see any other reason why we would allow a starting backline player leave when we had already let Holland and Montoya go. It wouldn't have been a smart move unless we knew we had something else in the works.
Also, remember Baz saying "its complicated" in reference to our interest in him a while back?
I believe the reference to TB suggesting that “it’s complicated” relates to Burton, Mansour and Naden situation.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe the reference to TB suggesting that “it’s complicated” relates to Burton, Mansour and Naden situation.
It was definitely in reference to JAC. Might have said it about the others too at some point though.