News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should watch his language and should have owned up to it with even a token apology.. But at the same time I swear just as much if there's traffic when we're running late dropping my daughter off to school, so it's all being blown out of proportion..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He should watch his language and should have owned up to it with even a token apology.. But at the same time I swear just as much if there's traffic when we're running late dropping my daughter off to school, so it's all being blown out of proportion..
I swear even when i'm not late

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only one person is killing Fatrells career and that’s Fatrell. The fact that he was more interested in talking up his 100th try milestone after an obviously bad loss tells you all you need to know about the blokes character.
Just wanted to say if you go to south’s your career will die , but you won’t see that in the news.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have set a dangerous precedent, players are now allowed to swear on live broadcasts which in turn, if unchecked could see the nrl have its viewing restriction rating moved to M 15+ if enough viewers complain, M15+ program can not be aired before 730pm in Australia.

I get that it was a radio broadcast, but regardless, players now have free rain to use offensive language on any live broadcast.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Channel 9 also complained.

The NRL has blocked host radio broadcaster Triple M from filming post-match interviews following the backlash over Latrell Mitchell’s expletive-laden comments last Thursday night.

The NRL has responded to complaints made by Mitchell’s club, the South Sydney Rabbitohs, and Nine Entertainment Co, the publisher of this masthead, over Triple M’s ability to film content after games under the terms and agreements of their rights deal. The NRL has decided to enforce a rule that hasn’t previously been policed.

In an email obtained by this masthead, NRL general manager of business and commercial operations Ben Champion reminded the game’s radio partners they had no visual rights to matches and must not enter the field directly after the final whistle.

“Radio partners have audio only rights to NRL matches,” the email reads. “Accordingly, radio partners must not visually record or film any match or on-field activity, including on-field interviews … Radio partners must not enter the field of play to conduct interviews until at least 10 minutes after the final whistle, or until permission has been granted by the NRL or host.”

Punishing MMM but not the player dropping the F bombs WTAF!.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many players being interviewed has sworn, you hear it everyday everywhere so what's the big deal and no I'm not sticking up for Mitchell I'm just pointing out everyone swears, also if the nrl are that worried tell whomever is broadcasting the games to not show the interview live and edit the swearing out problem solved.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest take away should be that... Latrell very obviously doesn't want to be a professional. I think he does want to be a sportsman... he just doesn't care at all for being a professional. To this end... Gus Gould was wrong with what he said on Nine. He's right about getting control of a player who wants a career, but needs guidance. But he's wrong because of that framing.

I've been telling friends, family for a long while, Latrell doesn't really care for a career. He strikes me as a player whose immense talents forced him towards a RL career, and he feels trapped.

To me he has two options. He could emulate Thurston, and go to Townsville, and hope the relative quiet builds an enthusiasm and seriousness around this career that's captured him. Or he could just walk away completely. I think he wants the latter but knows the demons that will attack him should he do it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure why there is such difficulty understanding the problem here. We have a Broadcasting Code of Practise, there are standard classifications such as G - General, PG - Parental Guidance, M - Mature, MA 15+ - Mature Accompanied, R 18+ - Restricted and X 18+ - Restricted. The code of practice specifies times when programs with different classifications can be screened/broadcast.

The amount of foul language affects the classification and it is foreseeable that if the NRL were to allow this level to spread then it is entirely possible that if enough people complain that NRL games may only be licensed to be broadcast at times that disqualified children. Obviously this would be a huge issue for the NRL

Always a Bulldog

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I kind of get the feeling that Loltrell is going to give the game away for a bit.

He is a bit of a special case and just wants to live a farm style life it seems. Every week he’s in the news or being criticised for something. Every south’s game people only seem to focus on him.

He doesn’t know how to handle it and seems at breaking point.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Punishing MMM but not the player dropping the F bombs WTAF!.
Yeh it’s pretty weird how everyone gets punished but the person responsible for the F Bomb tirade.

That said I believe all radio stations have a 7 second delay to stop anything illegal or swearing to be aired. So whoever thought that was OK was sorely mistaken it seems.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of get the feeling that Loltrell is going to give the game away for a bit.

He is a bit of a special case and just wants to live a farm style life it seems. Every week he’s in the news or being criticised for something. Every south’s game people only seem to focus on him.

He makes it about himself. He's become bigger than Souths. Russell Crowe has gone into hiding.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Would be a shame. He needs to be reunited with Wayne maybe. Although it’s only round 3, heading into Vegas he looked happiest I’ve seen him in a very long time.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lock him up and throw away the burgers and KFC.

That'll teach him