SEQ & NSW rain / flooding thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mainly spots. Shouldn't be much. A high pressure system is coming in. There's some rain coming in from the west but should die well b4 Sydney.

Not really my thing though. I deal with the shit once it hits the ground.

And my arse you're not training - as long as there's vodka in the house I'm sure you're training hard 8-)
Fkn oath my bro, my biceps are exploding lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is Scomo in all of this?
We know he takes the easy way out sometimes but can you really blame politicians for not knowing it was going to flood that bad?
What do you want him to do?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swear there's like a million leaks in my roof from this rain because it fucking stinks :expressionless:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Worst thing about fucking roof leaks, could be a hole one side of the house and it’s getting water damage the other side
Runs along trusses etc, nightmare to find sometimes
Yh I used to have possums so that also didn't help the roof situation lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s so lucky
Must of been a horrific 24 hrs for the parents
The heartbreak that all of these people must feel now, and over the coming years, at losing all their possessions, kids photos/trinkets/littlies artwork etc and special family heirlooms and momentos will be devastating for them to handle.

The scale of these floods in NSW/QLD is incredible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"It comes after a tumultuous week for the PM as he visited flood-ravaged northern NSW and southeast Queensland, with many airing their anger about not getting five minutes with the PM, and their heartbreak about the slow government response, as ABC reports. Former Fire and Rescue NSW chief commissioner Greg Mullins wrote to Morrison that it was like Black Summer all over again, continuing his group, Emergency Leaders for Climate Action, met with the government in October to warn about massive flooding risks in the summer. If the government had implemented the findings of the Royal Commission into Natural Disaster Arrangements, Mullins continued, victims would’ve been better prepared. A TV flood appeal saw some $25 million raised for the victims at the weekend, The New Daily reports, while $36 million has been allocated by the federal government.

The SMH reports this morning that the NSW government made three formal requests for Australian Defence Force (ADF) troops for Lismore — but it wasn’t until five days later the state government heard there were 2000 troops available. The state government’s Resilience NSW commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons only heard about the troop numbers from a journalist, who had obtained Emergency Services Minister Bridget McKenzie’s media statement."

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone in it? Or u using a grinder to cut firewood? Or maybe u just have a thing for grindr? Too many q's....
Thank fuck no its a lane way to about 4 shops and beer garden we were just dropping off a new bar and installing, made me fell sick as if the joint was open there would been more traffic mothers with prams people sneaking out for a smoke ect.the exact impact we were standing there waiting for the others to come give us a lift .
If it were a sunday arvo when a band was on people would of died so so so fucking lucky ,

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Thank fuck no its a lane way to about 4 shops and beer garden we were just dropping off a new bar and installing, made me fell sick as if the joint was open there would been more traffic mothers with prams people sneaking out for a smoke ect.the exact impact we were standing there waiting for the others to come give us a lift .
If it were a sunday arvo when a band was on people would of died so so so fucking lucky ,
I fckn hear ya. Went to the dog park today and there's a MF eucalypt that has a cross branch I might be able to touch if jumped. Had to duck under it today. Checked the roots on the other side and up about a foot. Thing is sloped at about 30d. If it goes, its straight across the whole dog park. Calling the council tomorrow.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I fckn hear ya. Went to the dog park today and there's a MF eucalypt that has a cross branch I might be able to touch if jumped. Had to duck under it today. Checked the roots on the other side and up about a foot. Thing is sloped at about 30d. If it goes, its straight across the whole dog park. Calling the council tomorrow.
Yep been warning the kids all week stay the fuck away from trees after rain. Seen a band last frid was having a durry on that very tree said to a mate this tree will shit its self soon,didnt expect the fucking thing to near clean me up a few days later

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They dont call those widow makers for nothing